Differential Transform Method for the Kinetic Analysis of Thermal Inactivation of Enzyme as Applied in Biotechnology
Languages of publication
In this work, approximate analytical solution is developed using differential transformation method for finding the molar concentration of the native and denatured enzyme in terms of second-order rate constant. Also, the obtained solutions are used to study the kinetics of thermal inactivation of enzyme as applied in biotechnology. The analytical solution was validated with numerical solution using fourth- order Runge-Kutta. Good agreement was established between the numerical and approximated analytical solutions.
-  V. Illeova, M. Polakovic, V. Stefuca, P. Acai, and M. Juma. Experimental modelling of thermal inactivation of urease. Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 235-243, 2003
-  H. L. T. Mobley and R. P. Hausinger. Microbial ureases: significance, regulation, and molecular characterization. Microbiological Reviews, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 85-108, 1989
-  J. B. Summner. The isolation and crystallization of the enzyme urease. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 69, pp. 435-441, 1926
-  N. E. Dixon, C. Gazzola, R. L. Blakeley, and B. Zerner. Jack Bean urease (EC 188.8.131.52). Metalloenzyme. A simple biological role for nickel? Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 97, no. 14, pp. 4131-4133, 1975
-  F. Winquist, I. Lundstrom, and B. Danielsson. Trace level analysis of mercury using urease in combination with an ammonia gas sensitive semiconductor structure. Analytical Letters, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1801-1816, 1988
-  J. C. Polacco and E. A. Havir. Comparisons of soybean urease isolated from seed and tissue culture. Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 254, no. 5, pp. 1707-1715, 1979
-  O. Prakash and G. Bhushan. Isolation, purification and partial characterisation of urease from seeds of water melon (Citrullus vulgaris). Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 45-47, 1997
-  M. Hirai, R. Kawai-Hirai, T. Hirai, and T. Ueki. Structural change of jack bean urease induced by addition of surfactants studied with synchrotron-radiation small-angle X-ray scattering. European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 55-61, 1993
-  R. W. Lencki, J. Arul, and R. J. Neufeld. Effect of subunit dissociation, denaturation, aggregation, coagulation, and decomposition on enzyme inactivation kinetics: II. Biphasic and grace period behavior. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1427-1434, 1992
-  S. Omar and M. Beauregard. Dissociation and unfolding of jack bean urease studied by fluorescence emission spectroscopy. Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 221-228, 1995
-  S. Liao. On the homotopy analysis method for nonlinear problems. Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 499-513, 2004
-  S. J. Liao, Beyond Perturbation: Introduction to the Homotopy Analysis Method, Chapman and Hall, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1st Edition, 2003.
Publication order reference