The effectiveness of training life skills on happiness of students
Languages of publication
The current research was conducted with the aim of the effectiveness of training life skills on the students’ happiness. The research population includes all the PNU students, Karaj branch who were studying in the educational year of 2013-2014. In this research 15 students were selected through random sampling method available as the research sample volume that participated in the educational workshop of life skill and 15 more students were selected as the control group. The method applied in this research is semi empirical with two groups of experimental and control. The experimental group was placed under 8, 120 minute sessions of training life skills. To collect data the Oxford happiness inventory was used. To analyze data, the descriptive statistics (average, standard deviation,…) as well as inferential statistics (covariance analysis) were applied. Results indicated that the average happiness scores in the experimental group's posttest are higher than that of the posttest in the control group. It is, thus, concluded that training life skills is influential in promoting the happiness of the students.
-  Adkins, W. R,. (2001). Journey to success/Employment master class: The Adkins Life skills program (show No.208); Your Life skills will enhance your job skills (show No. 210); The true meaning of self-esteem (show No. 212). Trenton, NJ: JOBCAST, New Jersey Workplace Literacy Programs, New Jersey Public Television (NJN). www.njn.net/workforce/jobcasttv20014. htmlhttp://www.adkinslifeskills.org/ index.shtml.
-  Adkins, W. R. (1970). Life skills : structural counseling for the disadvantaged. Personal and Guidance Journal 49(2); 108-110 .
-  Alimardani, M. (2006). The impact of training social skills on the students' mental health in save city, Research deputy ship at Islamic Azad University, Save branch.
-  Alipoor, A., & Noorbala, A. (1999). A preliminary evaluation of the validity and reliability of the oxford happiness questionnaire in students in the universities of Tehran. IJPCP; 5 (1and 2): 55-66.
-  Argyle, M. (2001). The psychology of happiness. 2nd ed. London: Rutledge Press, Taylor & Francis Group; 18-22.
-  Argyll, M. (2007). Psychology of happiness, Tr. Masoud Anaraki, Hamid Taher Neshat Doost, Hasan Palahang, Fateme Bahrami, Jihad Daneshgahi publication, Isfahan Unit.
-  Bjornskov, C. (2008). Social Capital and Happiness in the United States", Applied research quality life 3: 43-62.
-  Diener E., Lucas E.R. (2000). Subjective emotional well being. Handbook of emotion. New York : Guilford, 324-337.
-  Emaminaeeni N. (2004). Stress. National rehabilitation organization: deputyship for the cultural and prevention affairs.
-  Haller, M., & Markus, H. (2006). How Social Relations and Structures Can Produce Happiness and Unhappiness: An international comparative analysis. Social indicators Research 75: 169-216.
-  Hashemi F., Ali Pour A., Fili A. (2013). Affectiveness of treatment of stress management (cognitive behavioral), on happiness of infertile women. Journal of Armaghane Danesh, Scientific and research journal at the university of Yasouj Medical Sciences, 18(9): 678-686.
-  Kaplan H., Sadocks B. (2007). Synopsis of psychiatry. Baltimor: Williams & Wikins.
-  Karr, A. (2008). Positive psychology: science of happiness sand strength of humans, Tr. by Hasan Pasha Sharifi, Jafar Najafi Zand in cooperation with Bagher Sanaee. Tehran: Sokhan publication.
-  Klinge, C. (2009). Life skills. Tehran: Specialized media publications.
-  Lyubomersky S., Sheldon K.M., Schkade D. (2005). Pursuing Happiness: The Architecture Of Sustainable Change, Review Of General Psychology, 2; 111-113.
-  Lucas, M.ioshi A., Diener E. (2003). Personality culture and subjective well – being. Annual Review of Personality, 54, 403-425.
-  Naseri, H. (2007). Life skills. Tehran: Deputyship for cultural and prevention affairs , National rehabilitation organization.
-  Naseri, H., & Nickparvar, R. (2004). Investigating the life skills on the mental health of the students. The second general seminar of the mental health of the students, Tehran: Tarbyat Modares University.
-  Schultz, D. P., Schultz, S. E. (2011). Theories of Personality. Tehran: Publication Nashre Viraysh.
-  Seligman, M. (2010). From pessimism to optimism: how to evolve our own life and mind, Tr. by Mehdi Gharache Daghi. Tehran: Peikan publication.
-  Seligman, M. A. P. (2013). Development of positivism psychology, (new perception of happiness san psychology theory), Tr. by Amir Kamkar and Sekline Hezbarian, Tehran: Ravan publication.
-  Stewart, M. E., Watson, R., Clark, A., Ebmeier, K. P., & Deary, I. J. (2010). A hierarchy of happiness? Mokken scaling analysis of the Oxford Happiness Inventory. Pers Individ Dif. 48(7): 845-8.
-  UNICEF (2003). Which skills are life skills? www.life skills based education (Jun 2007).
Publication order reference