Comparative analysis of proactive & reactive protocols for cluster based routing algorithms in WSNs
Languages of publication
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) are networks that consist of sensors which are randomly deployed in inaccessible area to gathering data and transfer it to user or base station. The most important matters considered in sensor networks are efficient utilization of energy, network lifetime, and environmental conditions changes. To provide the communication facilities within the network a routing protocol is used. There are many techniques used to route data in sensor networks, clustering based is one of most common techniques used, cluster based routing protocols can be classified to proactive and reactive protocol depending on how source finds a route to destination. This paper is aim to study and compare the two mechanisms in cluster based routing by discuss different characteristics in each mechanism, and also analyzed the performance of two mechanisms by take two exemplar protocols LEACH and TEEN from proactive and reactive mechanism respectively in order to compare the performance in same scenario and simulation parameters.
-  M. Ilyas, I. Mahgoub. Handbook of Sensor Networks: Compact Wireless and Wired Sensing Systems. New York Washington, D.C: CRC Press LLC (2005).
-  A. Mohammed, W. Tat Chee, K. Ahmad. Variants of the Low-Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy Protocol: Survey, Issues and Challenges. Electronics 7(8) (2018) 136-164
-  Q. Li, Z. Qingxin, W. Mingwen. Design of a distributed energy efficient clustering algorithm for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Comput. Commun 29(12) (2006) 2230-2237
-  Amit K, Kaushik. Performance Evaluation of Proactive and Reactive Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Computer Applications 110(16) (2015) 35-40
-  S. Saidarao, R.A.R Chandra Sekhar. Proactive and Reactive Routing Protocols In Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Advanced Research in Science Engineering and Technology 4(1) (2017) 3126-3135
-  Divya Bandral, Reena Aggarwal. Comparative Analysis of Proactive, Reactive and Hybrid Routing Protocols for Improving Quality of Service in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology 30(4) (2015) 192-196
-  Muthana Najim Abdulleh, Salman Yussof, Hothefa Shaker Jassim. Comparative Study of Proactive, Reactive and Geographical MANET Routing Protocols. Communications and Network 07(02) (2015) 125-137
-  Manjeet Kumar, Mahesh Kumar Yadav. Enhancemence the network life time by improved teen protocol in WSN. International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering 2(11) (2015) 2636-2638
-  W Heinzelman, Anantha C, Hari B. Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Maui, Hawaii January 4-7 (2000).
-  Prashant, M, Amanpreet, K. A Survey on Descendants of LEACH Protocol. I. J. Information Engineering and Electronic Business 2 (2016) 46-58
-  Amir Sepasi Zahmati, Bahman Abolhassani, Ali Asghar Beheshti Shirazi, Ali Shojaee Bakhtiari. An Energy-Efficient Protocol with Static Clustering for Wireless Sensor Networks. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 28 (2007) 69-72
-  A. Manjeshwar, D.P. Agrawal. TEEN: a protocol for enhanced efficiency in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing Issues in Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing, San Francisco, CA, April (2001).
-  O. Buyanjargal, and Y. Kwon. An energy efficient clustering algorithm for event-driven wireless sensor networks (EECED). IEEE 2009 Fifth International Joint Conference on INC, IMS and IDC - Seoul, South Korea (2009.08.25-2009.08.27) 1758-1763
-  J. Gnanambigai, N. Rengarajan, and K. Anbukkarasi. Q-Leach: An energy efficient cluster based routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Research in Computer Applications and Robotics 2(2) (2014) 15-20
Publication order reference