Radon Concentration in Drinking Water Samples at Hilla city, Iraq
Languages of publication
The radioactivity of radon gas in thirty eight samples of drinking water that manufactured in different regions of Hilla, the center of Babylon (Iraq) have been measured by RAD7 detector. The high and low average radon concentration, average standard deviation and the annual dose have been calculated, where the result were A16 (0.193 ±0.0211) Bq•L-1, A1 (0.0361 ±0.00014) Bq•L-1, the average of radon concentration (0.115 ±0.048) Bq•L-1 and the annual effective dose was 0.413 mSv•y-1
-  A.D. Wrixon, "Radiation, People and the Environment". International Atomic Energy Agency, 1-3, 2014.
-  United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation’s, "Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation"; New York; 1996.
-  E.B. Podgoorsak, "Radiation physics for medical physicist", Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2006.
-  Exposures in two radon-prone areas, Ştei (Romania) and Torrelodones (Spain). Science of the Total Environment 407 (2009) 4452-4460.
-  Barbara Veloso and Jose Rocha Nogueira. ''Lung cancer and indoor radon exposure in the north of Portugal – An ecological Study'' Cancer Epidemiology 36 (2012) 26-32.
-  Durridge Company Inc., RAD7 Radon Detector. User Manual, 2011.
-  Durridge Company Inc., Manual CAPTURE version 4.7.5, 2011.
-  Durridge Company Inc., RAD7 RADH2O Radon in Water Accessory. Owner's Manual, 2016.
-  R.G. Sonkawade ,R. Mehra and K. Badhan, "Radon Activity Measurements in Drinking Water and in Indoors of Dwellings, Using RAD7", Tenth Radiation Physics and Protection Conference, Nasr City - Cairo, Egypt, 2010.
-  Durridge Company Inc., RAD7 RAD H2O Radon in Water Accessory. Owner's Manual, 2011.
-  N. U. Khattak, M. A. Khan, M. T. Shah and M. W. Javed, "Radon concentration in drinking water sources of the Main Campus of the University of Peshawar and surrounding areas, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan", Journal of Radio analytical and Nuclear Chemistry 290 (2011) 493-505.
-  R. K. Somashekar and P. Ravikumar, "Radon concentration in groundwater of Varahi and Markandeya river basins, Karnataka State, India", Journal of Radio analytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 285 (2010) 343-351.
-  Visual artificial lunar satellite Landsat 7, packages (1,2,3), Landsat.gsfc.gov., 2005.
-  Environmental Protection Agency United States Environmental Protection Agency. A citizen’s guide to radon, 2009.
-  UNSCEAR, United nations scientific committee on the effects of atomic radiation. Ionizing Radiation: Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation, New York, USA, 1993.
-  N. U. Khattak, M. A. Khan," Radon concentration in drinking water sources of the Main Campus of the University of Peshawar and surrounding areas, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan", Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry 290 (2011) 493-505.
-  Sabah Yousif Hassan Ukla, "Determination of Radon, Uranium and Other Radioactive Isotopes Concentration In Different Types of Natural Water In Nenava Governorate", M.Sc., University of Mosul, 2004.
-  Khalid H.H Al-Attiyah1, Inaam H. Kadhim. "Measurement and Study of Radioactive Radon Gas Concentrations in the Selected Samples of River Hilla / Iraq", Journal of Natural Sciences Research, 3(14) (2013).
-  C. Canbazoğlu, M. Doğru, N. çelebi and G. Kopuz, "Assessment of natural radioactivity in Elazıg region eastern Turkey", Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 292 (2012) 375-380.
-  A.T . Al-Kazwini, M.A. Hasan, “Radon Concentration in Jordanian Drinking Water and Hot Springs”. Institute of Physics Publishing, J. Radiol. Port. 23 (2003) 439-448.
-  A.Behtash, A. Jalili-Majareshin and D. Rezaei-Ochbelagh, "Radon concentration in hot springs of the touristic city of Sarein and methods to reduce radon in water", Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 81 (2012) 749-757.
-  G. Jonsson, "Solid State Nuclear Track Detector in Radon Measurement Indoor and Soil". Nucl. Tracks Radiat. Meas., Vol. 25 (1991) 335-338.
-  A. F. Maged, "Estimating the radon concentration in water and indoor air", Environ Monit Assess, Vol. 152, p. 195-201, 2009.
-  A. K. Sam, H. Idriss and I. Salih ,"Study of radon in ground water and physicochemical parameters in Khartoum state", Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, Vol. 290 (2011) 333-338.
-  Ali Abid AboJassim & Ahmed Rahim Shitake, "Estimated the mean of annual effective dose of radon gases for drinking water in some locations at Al-Najaf city", Journal of Kufa – Physics Vol. 5, No. 2, 2013.
Publication order reference