Nematogenic Mesophase Induced from Two Nonmesomorphs and Determination of LTT for Common Nonmesomorphic Component by Extrapolation
Languages of publication
Three binary systems (A+B1, A+B2, A+B3) consisted of both admixed components as nonmesomorphs induces mesomorphic property as nematogenic mesophase within definite range of concentration of component - A. The Isotropic- Nematic (I-N) transition curves of each binary systems are extra polated to 100 mole percent of nonmesomorphic component –A to determine its reliable latent transition temperature (LTT) and to derive the group efficiency order. The common component A is a Schiff’s base, P-tolal. P’- Phenetidine (109 °C), uncommon component B1 and B2 are also Schiff’s bases p-Chloro benzal P’- chloroaniline (M.P 111.0 °C) and p-Anisal p’-Toluidine (M.P 92.0 °C) respectively, whereas, component B3 is a chalcone α- 4 methoxy phenyl β 4’-pentyloxy benzoyl ethylene (M.P 91.0 °C). The reliable predicted LTT of common component –A are 99.5 °C, 99.0 °C and 101.0 °C from binary systems A+B1 ,A+B2 and, A+B3 respectively. The group efficiency order derived is B2>B1>B3 from range of mesomorphism.The melting point of common and uncommon nonmesomorphic components are confirmed with previously reported values. Suitable magnitudes of anisotropic forces of intermolecular attractions as a consequence of resulted molecular rigidity and flexibility through respective polarity and polarizabilities of nonmesogenic components of the mesogenic mixitures which play an important role in inducing mesomorphism.
-  F. Reinitzer, Montsh 9, 421 (1888).
-  J. M. Lohar and A.V. Doshi. Studies on mixed mesomorphism: Determine of latent transition temperature (LTT) by extrapolation. Proc. Indian Acad. Of Sci. Banglore, Vol. 105, No. 3, June (1993) 209-214.
-  K. J Ganatra and A.V. Doshi. Study of binary systems inducing mesophase and determination of Latent transition temperature. Journal of Indian Chem. Soc. Vol. 77, July 2000, 322-325.
-  U. C. Bhoya, N. N. Vyas , A. V. Doshi. Determination of letant mesogenic behavior in nonmesogenic compound by extrapolation. Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., vol. 552, 104-110, 2012
-  A. V. Doshi, U. C. Bhoya & J. J. Travadi, Determination of transitions temperatures of non-mesogenic by extrapolation method in binary systems. Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., Vol. 552, pp. 10-15, 2012.
-  V. R. Patel and A. V. Doshi, J. Indian Chem. Soc. vol. 85, March 2008, 267-272.
-  A. V. Doshi and N. N. Joshi, J. Indian Chem. Soc. Vol. 70, October 1993, 807-809.
-  N. G. Makwana and A. V. Doshi, J. Indian Chem. Soc. (2008), 85(3), 262-266.
-  J. M. Lohar and A. V. Doshi, Studies in mixed mesomorphism, Acta cienencia Indica Chemistry (1992) 18, 379-389.
-  J. M. Lohar and A. V. Doshi, Studies on mixed mesomorphism, J. of Institution of Chemist. India, 65, 124-126 (1993).
-  A. V. Doshi, D. A. Odedara, C. G. Joshi “mixed mesomorphism 2D”. Acta Cie. Indica, Chemistry 24,95-100 (1998).
-  N. N. Vyas and A. V. Doshi. Mixed Mesomorphism IB and IA. (a) J. Inst.of Chemist, India, 70 (4), 117-119 (1998), (b) 65, 141-142. (1993)
-  B. Trivedi, V. H. Shah A. V. Doshi. Acta. Indica Chemistry 19, 91-19 (1993).
-  H. R. Prajapati A. V. Doshi, Mixed Mesomorphism-I: Determination of Latent Transition Temperatures (LTTs). Der Pharma Chemica, 2011, 3(1), 123-133.
-  Bogojawlensky A and Winogradow N 1907 Z. Phys. Chem. 64, 229.
-  Dave J.. S. and Dewar M. J. S. 1954. J. Chem Soc. 4617.
-  Dave J. S. and Dewar M. J. S. 1955. J. Chem Soc. 4305.
-  Dave J. S. and Lohar J. M. 1959. Chem Ind. 567.
-  Dave J. S. and Lohar J. M. 1960a. Chem Ind. 494.
-  Dave J. S. and Lohar J. M. 1967. J. Chem Ind. (A) 1473.
-  Dewar M. J. S. and Goldberg R. S. 1970. J. AM. Chem. Soc. 92, 1582.
-  Lohar J. M. and Shah D. S. 1973. Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst. 28, 293.
-  Yadwadkar S. 1983. Design and synthesis of new mesogen and study of their charactristics and applicability, Ph.D thesis, Maharaja Sayajirao Univesity of Baroda, Baroda.
-  Patel G. H. 1979. Study of mesomorphic states, Ph.D. thesis Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
Publication order reference