Solving Hexagonal Intuitionistic Fuzzy Fractional Transportation Problem Using Ranking and Russell’s Method
Languages of publication
This paper presents a solution for fractional transportation problem in an intuitionistic fuzzy environment in which cost are represented by hexagonal intuitionistic fuzzy numbers. Fuzzy fractional transportation is a special kind of optimization problem which is associated with our day to day activities. An optimal solution is found out to show the effectiveness of this method. In this, the problem is solved using ranking and Russell’s method for hexagonal intuitionistic fuzzy numbers. An illustrative example is provided to demonstrate the feasibility of this method.
-  K. T. Atanassov, Intuitionistic fuzzy sets. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. f20 (1986)87-96.
-  K. T. Atanassov, Intuitionistic fuzzy sets: Theory and Applications. Physica- Verlag, Heidelberg, New York. 20 (1999).
-  K. T. Atanassov, Ideas for Intuitionistic fuzzy equations, inequalities and optimization. Notes on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets. 1 (1995) 17-24
-  Annie Christi and Kasthuri B, Transportation problem with pentagonal intuitionistic fuzzy numbers solved using ranking technique and Russell’s method. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications 6(2) (2016) 82-86
-  S. Aggarwal, Solving intuitionistic fuzzy solid transportation problem via new ranking method based on signed distance. International Journal of Uncertainity 24 (2016) 483-501
-  A. N. Gani and V. N. Mohamed, A method of ranking generalized trapezoidal intuitionistic fuzzy numbers. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 10 (2015) 25465-25473
-  G. Gupta and K. Anupum, An efficient method for solving intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem of type-2. International Journal of Computational Mathematics. 10 (2017).
-  A. N. Gani and S. Abbas, A new method for solving intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem. Applied Mathematical Sciences 7 (2017) 1357-1365
-  R. Helen and G. Uma, A new operation and ranking on Pentagon Fuzzy Numbers, International Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Applications, 5(2) (2015).
-  He Y, He Z, Huang H. Decision making with the generalized intuitionistic fuzzy power interaction averaging operators. Soft Comput 21(5) (2017) 1129–1144
-  D. Kour, S. Mukherjee and K. Basu, Solving intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem using linear programming. International Journal of Systems Assurance and Engineering Management 17 (2017).
-  P. S. Kumar and R. J. Hussain, A systematic approach for solving mixed intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problems. International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 92 (2014) 181-190
-  A. Kaur, A. Kumar, A new method for solving fuzzy transportation problems using ranking function. Application Mathematical Modelling 35 (2011) 5652-5661
-  S. T. Liu, The total cost bounds of the transportation problem with varying demand and supply. Omega 31 (2003) 247–251
-  Ali Mahmoodirad, Tofigh Allahviranloo and Sadegh Niroomand. A new effective solution method for fully intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem. Soft Computing 23(12) (2019) 4521-4530.
-  S. Narayanamoorthy, S. Saranya and S. Maheswari, A Method for Solving Fuzzy Transportation Problem (FTP) using Fuzzy Russell’s Method. International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications, 5(2) (2013) 71-75
-  Nagoor Gani. A New Method on Solving Intuitionistic Fuzzy Transportation Problem. Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics 15(2) (2017) 2279-0888
-  Ponnivalavan K. and Pathinathan T. Intuitionistic Pentagonal Fuzzy Number. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 10(12) (2015) 5446-5450
-  K.Pramila and G.Uthra, Optimal Solution of an Intuitionistic Fuzzy Transportation Problem. Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 8, No. 2, (2014) 67-73
-  Razmi J, Jafarian E, Amin SH. An intuitionistic fuzzy goal programming approach for finding pareto-optimal solutions to multi-objective programming problems. Expert Syst Appl 65 (2016) 181–193.
-  K. Swarup. Transportation technique in linear fractional functional programming, Journal of Royal Naval Scientific Service 21 (5) (1966), 256–260.
-  S. Siji and K. Selva Kumari, An approach for solving Network problem with Pentagonal Intuitionistic Fuzzy numbers using Ranking technique, Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, 24(9)(2016), 2977-2980.
-  V. Verma - M. C. Puri, On a Paradox in Linear Fractional Transportation Problem, Suntosh Kumar (eds), Recent Developments in Mathematical Programming, Australian Society of Operation Research, Gordan and Breach Science Publishers (1991), 413–424.
-  Singh SK, Yadav SP. A novel approach for solving fully intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem. Int J Oper Res. https://doi. org/10.1504/IJOR.2016.077684 (2016).
-  Singh SK, Yadav. Intuitionistic fuzzy multi-objective linear programming problem with various membership functions. Ann Oper Res. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-017-2551-y (2017a)
-  Singh V, Yadav SP. Development and optimization of unrestricted LR-type intuitionistic fuzzy mathematical programming problems. Expert Syst Appl 80 (2017b) 147–161
-  A. Thamaraselvi and R. Santhi. On intuitionistic fuzzy transportation problem using hexagonal intuitionistic fuzzy numbers. International Journal of Fuzzy Logic Systems 5(1) (2015).
-  H. J. Zimmermann, Fuzzy Programming and linear programming with several objective functions. Fuzzy. Sets. Syst. 1 (1978) 45-55.
-  L.A. Zadeh, Fuzzy Sets. Information and Control. 8 (1965) 338–353
Publication order reference