BIOPOLYMER COMPOSITES BASED ON LIGNIN AND MICROCRYSTALLINE CHITOSAN
Languages of publication
The article presents method of extracting lignin from hardwood and softwood after chemical treatment. Lignin fractions were extracted from black liquid (the by-product of pulp and paper industry), in a different reaction environment. Biopolymer composites were obtained by combining extracted lignin fraction and microcrystalline chitosan, which can be used as preparations for innovative biopolymer materials that are applicable in medical and hygienic products. The studies were performed in order to evaluate MCCh/Lignin composites to suitability to construction of dressing materials in the form of sponges. The MCCh/Lignin composites were tested for different properties: mechanical, sorption and absorption. The obtained lignin fractions and MCCh/Lignin composites were characterized by different structures and chemical purity as confirmed by FTIR spectra.
-  Mao H., Genco J. M, van Heiningen A., Pendse H.; (2010) Kraft mill biorefinery to produce acetic acid and ethanol. Technical economic analysis. BioResources, 5 (2), 525-544.
-  Surewicz W.; (1971) Podstawy technologii mas włóknistych. Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Techniczne Warszawa.
-  Wandelt P.; (1996) Technologia celulozy i papieru. Technologia mas włóknistych. Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne Warszawa.
-  Ungureau E., Ungureau O., Capraru A. M, Popa V. I.; (2009) Chemical modification and characterization of straw lignin. Cellulose Chem. Technol., 43 (7-8), 263-269.
-  Rodrigues P.C. and all; (2001) Polyaniline/lignin blends: thermal analysis and XPS. European Polymer Journal, 37, 2217. DOI: 10.1016/S0014-3057(01)00104-5
-  Rodrigues P.C. and all; (2002) Polyaniline/lignin blends: FTIR, MEV and electrochemical characterization. European Polymer Journal, 38, 2213. DOI: 10.1016/S0014-3057(01)00119-7
-  Saeed A. and all.; (2011) Chitosan as a flocculant for pre-hydrolysis liquor of kraft-based dissolving pulp production process. Carbohydrate Polymers, 86, 1630-1636. DOI: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2011.06.075
-  Volkova N. and all.; (2012) Water sorption isotherms of Kraft lignin and its composites. Carbohydrate Polymer, 87, 1817-1821. DOI: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2011.10.001
-  Polish Patent PAT-160714 (P-281975 ); (1989) Method of obtaining chitosan and other products from shells of various organism in particular seaborne ones.
-  Kim H.,. Hill M. K, Friche A. L.; (1987) Preparation of kraft lignin from black liquor. Tappi J., 70, 12, pp. 112.
-  „Polimery w medycynie” 2002, t.32, Nr. 3-4.
-  PN-EN ISO 4593:1999 – Plastics - Film and sheeting - Determination of average thickness of a sample, and average thickness and yield of a roll, by gravimetric techniques (gravimetric thickness).
-  PN – EN ISO 527-3: 1998 – Plastics - Determination of tensile properties - Part 3: Test conditions for films and sheets.
-  Wang K., Xu F., Sun R; (2010) Molecular Characteristics of Kraft-AQ Pulping Lignin Fractionated by Sequential Organic Solvent Extraction, Int. J. Mol. Sci., 11, pp. 2988-3001. DOI: 10.3390/ijms11082988
Publication order reference