Assessment of soil properties of a lentic ecosystem in semiarid region: Nakki Lake, Mount Abu, India
Languages of publication
Soil parameter balances the ecological symmetry in a lake-ecosystem. It determines the portability of water through its inter-relationship among phytoplanktons and zooplanktons. The purpose of the study is to identify the status of soil parameters in different seasons across the surrounding area of Nakki Lake, Mount Abu (2017-19). The soil parameters were analyzed and based on the results of the physico-chemical parameters of the soil; it confirms that the soil in the surrounding area of Nakki Lake in winter season can be classified as moderately alkaline soil. The soil analysis shows a linear positive correlation found with undeviating pattern (r = 1.000) of Clay with Bulk density and nitrogen; chloride with sulphur. Permeability is showing strong negative correlation with most of the soil parameters and shows linear trend in negative correlation (r = -1.000) with potassium.
-  Bini Das and Bindi (2014). Physical and Chemical Analysis of Soil Collected from Jaisamand, Rajasthan (India). Universal Journal of Environmental Research and Technology, 4(5), 260-264
-  Black C.A. (1965). Methods of soil analysis, Part-2. Chemical and microbial properties. Madison Wisconsin: American Society of Agronomy, pp: 771-512.
-  Elser, J. J., Bracken, M. E. S., Cleland, E. E., Gruner, D. S., Harpole, W. S., Hillebrand, H., Ngai, J. T., Seabloom, E.W., Shurin, J. B., and Smith, J. E. (2007), Global analysis of nitrogen and phosphorus limitation of primary producers in freshwater, marine and terrestrial ecosystems. Ecology Letters 10, 1135-1142
-  Gothwal R. and Gupta G., (2018). Limnological study of Lentic Fresh Water Ecosystem during Summer Season: Nakki Lake, Mount Abu, (Rajasthan), India. World Scientific News, 114, 44-54
-  Gothwal R. and Gupta G., (2019). Physico-Chemical Analysis of Soil during Summer Season in Lentic Fresh Water Ecosystem: Nakki Lake, Mount Abu (Rajasthan), India. World Scientific News, 115, 117-127
-  Gothwal R. and Gupta G., (2019). Limnology, Planktonic diversity and Icthyofauna of Sant-Sarover Pond: Mount Abu (Rajasthan), India. World News of Natural Sciences, 22, 129-138.
-  Gothwal R. (2019). Study of Icthyofauna, fish population and homogeneity in Sant-Sarover Pond: Mount Abu (Rajasthan), India. World News of Natural Sciences, 24, 323-335
-  Gothwal R., Jangir O. P., (2019). Analysis of Icthyofauna and Fish Demography of Nakki Lake, Mount Abu, India. Applied Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Science and Education Publishing, USA. 7(6) (2019), 238-244.
-  Gothwal R., Gupta G., (2018). Physico-Chemical Analysis of Soil during Summer Season: Sant-Sarover Pond, Mount Abu, India. Madhav Research and Review 4(1), 18-22
-  Jackson, M. L (1958). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall, London.
-  Joffee, J. S. (1949). Pedology. Pedology Publications, New Brunswick, New Jersey, pp 622.
-  Maji A.K., Reddy G.P., Thayalan S. and Walke N.J (2005). Characteristics and classification of landforms and soils over basaltic terrain in sub-humid tropics of central India. Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science 53, 154-162
-  Meena G.L., Singh R.S., Singh R.K., Meena H.R., Meena S., and Mina B.L, (2017). Assessment of productivity potential of some soils of Aravali hills based on parametric approach. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation, 45(1), 28-39
-  Saxena, D.K., Tuba, Z., Arfeen, M.S., (2010). Seasonal passive metal monitoring during year 2003 to 2006 in Nainital of Kumaon hills (India) by moss Racomitrium crispulum. Acta Botanica Hungarica, 52(1-2), 273-297
-  Poikolainen, J., Kubin, E., Piispanen, J., Karhu, J. (2004). Atmospheric heavy metal deposition in Finland during 1985-2000 using mosses as bio-indicators. Science of the Total Environment 318, 171-185
-  Saxena, D.K., and Saxena, A., (2000). Uptake of metals in Plagiochasma and their uses in pollution monitoring. Geophytology, 28(1&2), 129-137
-  Thoni L, Schnyder N, Krieg F (1996). Comparison of metal concentrations in three species of mosses and metal freights in bulk precipitations. Fresenius Journal of Analytical Chemistry 354, 704-708
-  Vitousek, P. M., Porder, S., Houlton, B. Z., and Chadwick, O. A. (2010). Terrestrial phosphorus limitation: mechanisms, implications, and nitrogen-phosphorus interactions. Ecological Applications 20, 5-15. DOI: 10.1890/08-0127.1
Publication order reference