Energy Aware Location Based Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks
Languages of publication
Wireless Sensor Networks have played a great role in various application domains like environmental tracking for precision agriculture, structural health monitoring, patient health monitoring, intrusion detection, earthquake or volcano prediction and industrial monitoring etc. The major design issues to be dealt in Wireless sensor networks (WSNs) are its resource constraint nature, limited network lifetime and scalability. The most stringent of all is energy consumption and battery life which actually limits the network lifetime. This paper presents various energy aware location based routing protocols and in depth comparison based on various characteristics such as routing selection method, data aggregation, routing metrics, periodic message type, scalability, energy efficiency, robustness, event/query based and strengths.
-  Akyildiz, I.F., Su, W., Sankarasubramaniam, Y., & Cayirci, E. (2002). A survey on sensor networks. IEEE Communications Magazine, 40(8), 102–114
-  Al-Karaki, J., & Kamal, A. (2004). Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey. IEEE Wireless Communications, 11(6), 6–28
-  Kumar, S. and Verma, A.K., 2017. An advanced forwarding routing protocol for urban scenarios in VANETs. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, 13(4), pp. 334-344.
-  Kumar, S., & Verma, A. K. (2015). Position based routing protocols in VANET: A survey. Wireless Personal Communications, 83(4), 2747-2772
-  Guleria, K. and Verma, A.K. (2018). Comprehensive review for energy efficient hierarchical routing protocols on wireless sensor networks. Wireless Networks, pp. 1-25
-  Guleria K. and Verma A.K. (2018). An energy efficient load balanced cluster-based routing using ant colony optimization for WSN. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPCC-D-18-00013
-  Roychowdhury, S., & Patra, C. (2010, August). Geographic adaptive fidelity and geographic energy aware routing in ad hoc routing. In International Conference Vol. 1, pp. 309-313.
-  Yu, Y., Govindan, R., & Estrin, D. (2001). Geographical and energy aware routing: A recursive data dissemination protocol for wireless sensor networks.
-  Karp, B., & Kung, H. T. (2000, August). GPSR: Greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks. In Proceedings of the 6th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (pp. 243-254). ACM. Doi: 10.1145/345910.345953
-  Xu, Y., Heidemann, J., & Estrin, D. (2001, July). Geography-informed energy conservation for ad hoc routing. In Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile computing and networking (pp. 70-84). ACM.
-  Li, L., & Halpern, J. Y. (2001, June). Minimum-energy mobile wireless networks revisited. In Communications, 2001. ICC 2001. IEEE International Conference on Communications ICC 2001. Vol. 1, pp. 278-283.
-  Zungeru, A. M., Ang, L. M., & Seng, K. P. (2012). Classical and swarm intelligence-based routing protocols for wireless sensor networks: A survey and comparison. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 35(5), 1508-1536
-  Kim, K., Lee, I. S., Yoon, M., Kim, J., Lee, H., & Han, K. (2009, December). An efficient routing protocol based on position information in mobile wireless body area sensor networks. In Networks and Communications, 2009. NETCOM'09. First International Conference on Networks and Communications (pp. 396-399). IEEE
-  Karim, L., Nasser, N., & El Salti, T. (2011, March). Efficient Zone-based Routing Protocol of Sensor Network in agriculture monitoring systems. In Communications and Information Technology (ICCIT), 2011 International conference on communications and information technology (pp. 167-170). IEEE
-  Kumar, P., Chaturvedi, A., & Kulkarni, M. (2012, March). Geographical location based hierarchical routing strategy for wireless sensor networks. In Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICDCS), 2012 International Conference on Devices, Circuits and Systems (pp. 9-14). IEEE
Publication order reference