Structural and Optical Properties of Sol-Gel Derived Dip-Coated CdO Thin Film
Languages of publication
In this paper CdO thin film has been prepared by sol-gel dip-coating method on glass substrate. The film was characterized by X-Ray diffraction, UV-Visible spectroscopy and photoluminescence spectroscopy for structural and optical properties of CdO thin film. The XRD pattern shows that film is polycrystalline in nature and has a cubical structure with orientation along (111) plane. The diffuse reflectance spectra for the film is studied in wavelength range 400-800 nm. The direct energy band gap of 2.50 eV is found for the film using modified Kubelka-Munk function. Photoluminescence spectra shows one sharp peak at 540 nm due to oxygen vacancy of cadmium oxide.
-  Roy B. II-VI compounds. Pergamon Press. Oxford 1969.
-  Daza OG, Readigos A-C, Campos J, Nair MTS, Nair PK. Formation of conductive CdO thin films on photoconductive CdS thin films for window layer applications in solar cells. Modern Physics Letters B 2001; 15(17-19): 609-612.
-  Champness CH, Chan CH. Optimization of CdO layer in Se-CdO photovoltaic cell. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 1995; 37(1): 75-92.
-  Lewis BJ, Paine DC. Applications and processing of transparent conducting oxides. Materials Research Society Bulletin 2000; 25(8): 22-27.
-  Kondo R, Okhimura H, Sakai Y. Electrical properties of semiconductor photodiodes with semitransparent films. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 1971; 10(11): 1547.
-  Zhao Z, Morel DL, Ferekides CS. Electrical and optical properties of tin-doped CdO films deposited by atmosphereic metalorganic chemical vapour deposition. Thin Solid Films 2002; 413(1-2): 203-211.
-  Yan M, Lane M, Kannewurf CR, Chang RPH, Highly conductive epitaxial CdO thin films prepared by pulsed laser deposition. Applied Physics Letters 2001; 78(16): 2342-2344.
-  Gandarilla F, Morales-AA, Vigil O, Hasiquio-GV, Vaillant L, Contreras-PV. Micro-structural characterization of annealed cadmium zinc oxide thin films obtained by spray pyrolysis. Materials Chemistry and Physics 2003; 78(3): 840-846.
-  Ismail RA, Rasheed BG, Salm ET, Al-HM. High transmittance – low resistivity cadmium oxide films grown by reactive pulsed laser deposition. Jouranal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 2007; 18(10): 1027-1030.
-  Ghosh PK, Das S, Chattopadhyay KK. Temperature dependent structural and optical properties of nanocrystalline CdO thin films deposited by sol-gel process. Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2005; 7(2-3): 219-2215.
-  Santos-CJ, Torres-DG, Castanedo-PR, Jimenez-SS, Jimenez-SO, Zuniga-RCI, Marquez MJ, Zelaya-AO. Dependence of electrical and optical properties of sol-gel prepared undoped cadmium oxide thin films on annealing temperature. Thin Solid Films 2005; 493(1-2): 83-87.
-  Zhou Q, Ji Z, Hu BB, Chen C, Zhao L, Wang C. Low resistivity transparent conducting CdO thin films deposited by DC reactive magnetron sputtering at room temperature. Materials Letters 2007; 61(2): 531-534.
-  Ma D, Ye Z, Wang L, Huang J, Zhao B. Deposition and characteristics of CdO films with absolutely (200) – preferred orientation. Materials Letters 2003; 58(12): 128-131.
-  Khallaf H, Chen CT, Chang LB, Lupan O, Dutta A, Heinrich H, Shenouda A, Chow L. Investigation of chemical bath deposition of CdO thin films using three different complexing agents. Applied Surface Science 2011; 257(22): 9237-9242.
-  Gokul B, Matheswaran P, Satyamoorthy R. Influence of annealimg on physical properties of CdO thin films prepared by SILAR method. Journal of Materials Science and Technology 2013; 29(1): 17-21.
-  Dakhel AA, Henari FZ. Optical characterization of thermally evaporated thin CdO films. Crystal Research and Technology 2003; 38(11): 979-985.
-  Ellis DM, Irvine JC. MOCVD of highly conductive CdO thin films. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 2004; 15(6): 369-372.
-  Cheemadan S, Rafiudeen A, Santosh Kumar MC. Highly transparent conducting CdO thin films by radio frequency magnetron sputtering for optoelectronic applications. Journal of Nano Photonics 2016; 10(3): 033007.
-  Kumar V, Sharma DK, Sharma KK, Agrawal S, Bansal MK, Dwivedi DK. Structural, optical and electrical characterization of nano crystalline CdO films for device applications. Optik 2016; 127(10): 4254-4257.
-  Cullity BD. Elements of X-ray diffractions. Addision-Wesley, Reading 1978.
-  Kumari R, Singh P, Kumar V. Study on structural, optical and electrical properties of CdO and Cd0.98Al0.02O films prepared by innovative sol-gel screen printing method. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 2018; 29(11): 8989-8994.
-  Saha S, Das S, Chattopadhyay KK. Electrical and optical properties of Al doped cadmium oxide thin films deposited by radio frequency magnetron sputtering. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 2007; 91(18): 1692-1697.
-  Khan MKR, Rahman MA, Shahjahan M, Rahmann MM, Hakim MA, Saha DK, Khan JU. Effect of Al doping on optical and electrical properties of spray pyrolytic nano-crystalline CdO thin films. Current Applied Physics 2010; 10(3): 790-796.
-  Zargar RA, Arora M, Bhat RA. Study of nanosized copper-doped ZnO dilute magnetic semiconductor thick films for spintronic device applications. Applied Physics A 2018; 124(1): 36.
-  Lange AS, Ningthoujam RS, Sharma SJ, Pode RB. Luminescence and electrical resistivity properties of cadmium oxide nanoparticles. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics 2011; 49(4): 234-238.
Publication order reference