Influence of Variable Electroconductivity and Radiation on MHD Couette Flow
Languages of publication
A study of Couette flow in cylindrical coordinate under the influence electroconductivity and magnetic field was carried out. Approximate solution of the governing equations and its analysis show decrease in temperature as a result of increase in radiation and Prandtl number. The study also reveals that increase in grashof number, Reynolds number, Prandtl number and electroconductivity result in an increase in velocity distribution while magnetic field increase, lead to a decrease in velocity. The shear stresses of the outer and inner cylinders at the wall of the plates and the heat flux is also determined.
-  Ngiangia, A.T & Wonu, N (2007). The effect of permeability and radiation on the stability of Couette Flow in a porous Medium: Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management 11(2): 209-214.
-  Ngiangia, A.T (2007). The Effect of Permeability and Radiation on the Stability of Plane Couette-Poiseuille flow in a porous Medium. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics, 11: 87-94.
-  Mebine, P (2007). Radiation effects on MHD Couette flow with Heat Transfer Between Two Parallel Plates. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 3(2): 191-202.
-  Bodosa, G and Borkakati, A. K (2003). MHD Couette flow with Heat Transfer Between Two Horizontal Plates in the Presence of a Uniform Transverse Magnetic Field. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics 30(1): 1-9.
-  Ngiangia, A.T; Ojekudo, N; Amadi, O & Orukari, M.A (2011). Onset of instability of MHD Coutte-poiseuille Flow in a Porous Medium. Journal of the Mathematical Association of Nigeria 38(2): 1-16.
-  Orukari, M.A; Ngiangia, A.T & Life-George, F (2011). Influence of Viscous Dissipation and Radiation on MHD Couette Flow in a porous Medium. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics, 18: 201-208.
-  Oladele, R. O; Gbadeyan, J. A and Taiwo, O. A (2006). Viscous Dissipation effects on the Flow of a Gas Between Concentric Elliptic Cylinders. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics 10: 299-304.
-  Corenflos. S. K; Rida, S; Mormier, J. C; Dupont, P; Dangtram, K and Stannislas, M (1993). Experimental and Numerical study of a plane Couette-Poiseuille flow as a test case for turbulence modeling. Proceedings, International Symposium on refined flow modeling and turbulence measurement, 499-508.
-  Boricic,Z; Nikodijevic, D; Milenkovic, D and Stamenkovic, Z (2015). A form of MHD universal equations of unsteady incompressible fluid with variable electronegativity on heated moving plate. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 32(1): 65-77.
-  Cogley, A. C Vincenti, A. W and Giles, E. S (1968). Differential Approximation of a Radiative Heat Transfer. ATAA Journal, 6: 551.
-  Ngiangia, A.T and Orukari M.A (2013). MHD Couette-Poiseuille Flow in a Porous Medium. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 9(2); 169-181
Publication order reference