The use of the internet in developing learner’s autonomy
Languages of publication
Many teachers are interested in various innovations and enhancements in the field of education. They are profoundly convinced that the process of teaching / learning languages should be modified and enriched in order to meet both global challenges and students` growing expectations. There is an abundance of teaching / learning techniques, methods, strategies, and suchlike. However, everyday observations (at least in the Polish educational system) emphasize that the most widespread model of teaching foreign languages is instructing, drilling, telling what and how to do, ordering to memorize vocabulary. There are a few reasons excusing such a model, for instance, insufficiency of financial means supporting Polish education or reluctance to try out innovative teaching / learning models. On the other hand, in order to be reserved in leaping at inferences, it is reasonable to admit that there are more and more teachers who take advantage of new, more effective teaching aids, methods, solutions or models have been more and more noticeable.
-  Beatty Ken, Teaching and Researching Computer-assisted Language Learning, London and New York: Pearson Education, 2003.
-  Benson Phil, Teaching and Researching Autonomy in Language Learning, London: Pearson Education, 2001.
-  Benson Phil, Voller Peter, Autonomy and Independence in Language Learning, London and New York: Longman, 1997.
-  Brown H. Douglas, Principles of Language Learning and Teaching, New York: Prentice Hall Regents, 1994.
-  Butler-Pascoe Mary Ellen and Wiburg Karin M., Technology and Teaching English Language Learners, New York: Pearson Education, 2003.
-  Dickinson Leslie, Self-Instruction in Language Learning. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1987.
-  Dickinson Leslie, Talking shop: aspects of autonomous learning, ELT Journal, 1993 Vol. 47, no 4, pp. 330-336.
-  Harmer Jeremy, The Practice of English Language Teaching, London: Pearson Education Limited, 2001.
-  Komorowska Hanna, Metodyka Nauczania Języków Obcych, Warszawa: Fraszka Edukacyjna, 2001
-  Scharle Agota and Schabo Anita, Learner Autonomy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000
-  Teeler Dede and Gray Peta, How to use the Internet in ELT, Pearson Education Limited, 2000
-  Wenden Anita, Learner Strategies for Learner Autonomy. Coventry: Prentice Hall, 1999
-  Windeatt Scott, Hardisty David and Eastment David, The Internet, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000
-  http://eleaston.com, stan na dzień: 20.07.2006
-  http://www.nonstopenglish.com, stan na dzień: 20.07.2006
-  http://www.ang.pl, stan nadzień: 27.07.2006
-  http://www.upei.ca, stan na dzień: 27.07.2006
-  http://www.nonstopenglish.com, stan na dzień: 27.07.2006
Publication order reference