Identifying factors deterring sponsors from participating from sponsoring professional volleyball league clubs in the country
Languages of publication
Today, sponsorship accounts for a major part of marketing programs of the world's professional clubs in terms of earning income. The current research aimed to identify the most significant factors deterring the participation of sponsors from sponsoring professional volleyball league clubs in the country. This research fell under the category of survey and explorative researches and is a field study in terms of data gathering. This paper was conducted with a sample of 150 people of mangers of volleyball federation and professional volleyball league clubs, heads of clubs' marketing affairs and sporting experts and etc. via a simple random sampling method. In order to determine the validity of the tool for measurement, experts' views were used and in order to measure the reliability, the Cronbach's alpha coefficient was applied, where its rate for the scales of the questionnaire was over 0.07. The results obtained from the single sample t test were indicative of the fact that five economic, legal, social, cultural and managerial obstacles were among the most important factors deterring sponsors from participating in the sponsorship of professional volleyball league clubs in the country (p<0.001). Freidman test was also used for prioritization of obstacles and indices related to each of the obstacles.
-  Izadi, A. (2005). Describing the factors affecting professional football's sponsorship by sponsor companies. Master’s thesis, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Tarbiat Moallem University of Tehran.
-  Azadan, M., Askarian, F., & Ramezaninezhade, R. (2011). Investigate ways of attracting sponsors in professional football. Sport Management Studies, 13: 123-136.
-  Hamidi, M. (2011). Management and how to run sports events. Tehran: Bamdad publication.
-  Salimi, M., Soltan Husseini, M., & Nasr Isfahani, D. (2013). Prioritize the barriers to the development of private sponsorship of sport on the basis of summing up the results of MADM methods using the integrated model POSET. Sports Management Studies, 21: 149-172.
-  Seyed Ameri, Mir, Moharramzadeh, Mehrdad, Bashir Mehdi and Hadi Hamdolla zade. (2009). Barriers to attract sponsors in the sports industry in Eastern Zrbyajan. Beyond management magazine, 10: 164-147.
-  Askarian, Fariba and the azadan, Mehdi. (2012). Barriers to professional football to attract sponsors in Iran, 2(4): 59-69.
-  Eshghi, Kamran (2009). The effectiveness of financial support sports among fans of football, Master thesis MBA, Faculty of Management, Tehran University. And the economy.
-  Keegan, Warren J. (2004). International Marketing Management, translated by Abdul Hamid Ebrahimi, published by the Cultural Research Bureau.
-  Keshtydar, Mohammed, Talebpour, Mehdi. and Shirmohamohamanji, F. (2012). Evaluate the status of Iran volleyball action plan in order to provide continuous improvement, Sport Management Studies (Research on Sport Science), 4(13): 13-32.
-  Ma'adi, Mohsen, Hamidi, M. and Iran, Mohamad Reza (2011). Comparing the marketing mix in the Premier League Volleyball Country of administrators and experts, Olympic, 19(4): 53-66.
-  Elahi, AliReza. (2008). Obstacles and strategies for economic development in the Islamic Republic of Iran football industry. Doctoral thesis in Sports Management and Planning, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Tehran University.
-  Elahi, Ali, Sajjad, Hassan Nasrallah, Khabiri, Mohammed and Abrishami, Hamid. (2010). Obstacles to development of the industry's professional football clubs. Journal of Sports Sciences, 28: 68-35.
-  Yarahmadi, A. (2013). The Role of sports teams are going to buy products that support the brand identity of the Iranian Volleyball Super League, Supervisor: AA Grid master's thesis, the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology Tarbiat Modarres University Faculty of Management.
-  Abiodun, O. R. (2011). The Significance of Sponsorship as a Marketing Tool in Sport Events. Bachelor's thesis, International Bussines, Turku University of Applied Sciences.
-  Alexander, N. (2009). Defining Brand Values through Sponsorship, International Journal of Retail and Distribution, No 4.
-  Hyun Baek, T., & Whitthill king, K. (2011). Exploring the Consequences of Brand Credibility in Services, Journal of Service Marketing.
-  Kchen, K., & James, Z. (2011). Examining Consumer Attributes Associated with Collegiate Athletic Facility Naming Rights Sponsorship: Development of A theoretical Frame Work, Sport Management Review.
-  Keshock, Chiristopher, M. (2004). The effects of economic Impact Information on the attitudes of potential Sports Sponsors Operating in Mid size and Small College Communities, unpublished doctoral degree dissertation, Department of Sport Management, Recreation Management and Physical Education, Florida state University
-  Nickell, D., Cornwell, B., & Johnston, W. (2011). Sponsorship Linked Marketing: A Set of Research Propositions. Journal of Business and Industvial Karketing.
-  Papadimitriou, D., Apostolopoulou, A & Artemisia, D. (2008). Event Sponsorship as a Value Creating Strategy for Brands, Journal of Product and Brand Management.
-  Tripodi, J. A. (2001). Sponsorship: A Confirmed Weapon in the Promotional Armory. International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship, 13: 17-31.
-  Wohlfeil, M., & Whelan, S. (2006). Consumer motivations to participate in event-marketing strategies. Journal of Marketing Management, 22: 643-69.
Publication order reference