Preparation and characterization of TiO2 and TiO2P25 nanomaterial and photocatalytic application
Languages of publication
TiO2 nanomaterial was prepared by precipitation method and sonication technique. The nanomaterial was characterized by HR-SEM with EDX, TEM, XRD, FT-IR and PL analysis. The photocatalytic activity of TiO2 was much better than that of TiO2–P25 under UV-light irradiation at 365 nm. The photocatalytic activity was evaluated from the photodegradation of malachite green (MAG). The influence of operational parameters such as the effect of catalyst loading dye concentration and chemical oxygen demand measurements had also been investigated. The Photodegradation was found to follow the pseudo-first-order kinetics. Hydroxyl radical formation in the mechanism was confirmed by fluorescence quenching technique. It was proposed that the catalyst is found to be stable and reusable.
-  O. Gulnaz, A. Kaya, F. Matyar and B. Arikan, J. Hazard. Mater. 2004, 108, 183-188.
-  J. Liquiang, S. Xiaojun, S. Jing, C. Weimin and X. Zili, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells. 2003, 70, 133-151.
-  E. Forgacs, T. Csarhati and G. Oros, Environ. Int. 2004, 30, 953-971.
-  R. Tayade, K. P. Surolia, R. G. Kulkarni and V. Raksh, Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater. 2007, 8, 455-462.
-  S. Senthilvelan, V. L. Chandraboss, B. Karthikeyan, M. Murugavelu and B. Loganathan, AIP Conf. Proc. 2012, 1461, 395, DOI: 10.1063/1.4736928.
-  V. L. Chandraboss, S. Senthilvelan, L. Natanapatham, M. Murugavelu, B. Loganathan and B. Karthikeyan, J. Non- Cryst. Solids. 2013, 368, 23-28.
-  J. Kamalakkannan, V. L. Chandraboss, S. Prabha, S. Senthilvelan, Advanced construction of Heterostructured InCrO4–TiO2 and its dual properties of greater UV-photocatalytic and antibacterial activity. RSC Adv. 5, 77000-77013 (2015)
-  Chen, C.C; Lua, C.S.; Chung, Y.C.; Jan, J.L. UV light induced photodegradation of malachite green on TiO2 nanoparticles. J. Hazard. Mater. 2007, 141, 520-528.
-  J. Kamalakkannan, V. L. Chandraboss, S. Prabha, S. Senthilvelan Activated Carbon Loaded N, S co-doped TiO2 Nanomaterial and Its Dye Wastewater Treatment International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy. 8(2) (2015) 147-164
-  H. K. Shon, S. Phuntsho, S. Vigneswaran, Desalin. Water Treat. 225, 235-248 (2008)
-  Jayaraman Kamalakkannan, Vijayaragavan Lenin Chandraboss, Selvaraj Prabha, Bala Karthikeyan and Sambandam Senthilvelan Preparation and characterization of TiInVO6-nanomaterial using precipitation method and its multi applications, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron, DOI 10.1007/s10854-015-4050-8
-  Haithem Bel Hadjltaief, Mourad Ben Zina, Maria Elena Galvez, Patrick Da Costa; Photocatalytic degradation of methyl green dye in aqueous solution over natural clay-supported ZnO–TiO2 catalysts, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry 2016, 315, 25-33.
-  J. M. Herrmann, Heterogeneous photocatalysis: fundamentals and applications to the removal of varioustypes of aqueous pollutants, Catal. Today. 1999, 53, 115-129.
-  Jayaraman Kamalakkannan, Vijayaragavan Lenin Chandraboss, Selvaraj Prabha, Bala Karthikeyan and Sambandam Senthilvelan High Photocatalytic Activity of Heterostrutured InMoO3-TiO2 Nanocomposite Material Under Natural Sun Light Irradiation, Canadian Chemical Transactions Year 2015, Volume 3, Issue 3, Page 327-339
-  B. Subash, B. Krishnakumar,† M. Swaminathan, and M. Shanthi, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2014, 53, 12953
-  S. Balachandran, S. Gopinathan, Praveen, R. Velmurugan and M. Swaminathan, Facile fabrication of highly efficient, reusable heterostructured Ag–ZnO–CdO and its twin applications of dye degradation under natural sunlight and self-cleaning, RSC Adv. 4 (2014) 4353-4362
Publication order reference