Follicular mucinosis on the forehead of a 15-year-old girl
Languages of publication
Follicular mucinosis is a rare dermatosis characterized by accumulation of mucin in the follicular epithelium and sebaceous glands. Clinically, it is characterized by the presence of papules or well-circumscribed and infiltrative plaques. In this paper, we report a case of a 15-year-old girl, in which an asymptomatic, erythematous and infiltrative plaque evolved within a few weeks in the forehead region. There was no regression of the lesion with the use of topical glucocorticosteroids and isotretinoinum for 30 days.
- 1. Lewars M, Levin J, Purcell S. Follicular mucinosis. Indian Dermatol Online J 2013; 4: 333-335.
- 2. Puri N, Puri A. A clinical and histopathological study of cicatricial alopecia. Our Dermatol Online 2013; 4: 311-315.
- 3. Garrido MC, Riveiro-Falkenbach E, Rodriguez-Peralto JL. Primary cutaneous follicle center lymphoma with follicular mucinosis. JAMA Dermatol 2014; 150: 906-907.
- 4. Chamberlain RS, Blumgart LH. Mucobilia in association with a biliary cystadenocarcinoma of the caudate duct: a rare cause of malignant biliary obstruction. HPB Surg 2000; 11: 345-351.
- 5. Martin Peyra M, Gómez Vázquez M, Navarra Amayuelas R et al. [Facial follicular mucinosis in childhood]. An Pediatr (Barc) 2014; 81: 198-199.
- 6. Mir-Bonafé JM, Cañueto J, Fernández-López E et al. Follicular mucinosis associated with nonlymphoid skin conditions. Am J Dermatopathol 2014; 36: 705-709.
- 7. Passos PC, Zuchi MF, Fabre AB et al. Follicular mucinosis – case report. An Bras Dermatol 2014; 89: 337-339.
- 8. Kazlouskaya V, Lal K, Khaikova A. Lupus Tumidus: underreported variant of lupus erythematosus (a case report and review of the literature). Our Dermatol Online 2014; 5: 34-36.
- 9. Li W, Liu Y, Luo Q et al. Off-label uses of retinoids in dermatology. Our Dermatol Online 2012; 3: 259-278.
- 10. Brown HA, Gibson LE, Pujol RM et al. Primary follicular mucinosis: Long-term follow-up of patients younger than 40 years with and without clonal T-cell receptor gene rearrangement. J Am Acad Dermatol 2002; 47: 856-862.
- 11. Cervigón-González I, Manzanares FJ, Bahillo C et al. [Alopecia mucinosa]. Actas Dermosifiliogr 2006; 97: 514-517.
Publication order reference