The causes of ethnic conflict in Multi-ethnic societies
Languages of publication
Ethnic conflicts were the main forms of political instability in the multi ethnic societies during second half of twenty century and beginning of new century. The goal of this study determinates social context of ethnic conflict in multi ethnic societies. The methodology was comparative study. Data gathering by documents and secondary data. Data and documents show that Ethnic differences' and discrimination were the main cause of ethnic violence. The results indicated that much country in the world encounter with ethnic conflict during decades. But incidence of ethnic violence was different in varying country. In developing country incidence were low and in the developing sever. Developing country management ethnic conflict by participation and justice policy that the equality is the best way for resolve this problem.
-  Coakley John (1992). The resolution of ethnic conflict: Towards a typology. International 13. pp. 343-358.
-  Cornell S., Hartmann, D. (1998). Ethnicity and Race: Making Identities in a Changing World. Thousand Oaks, CA: Pine Forge. p. 59.
-  Duffy T. M. (2003). The Geography of Ethnic Violence: Identity, Interests, and the Indivisibility of Territory. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
-  Esman J. M. (2004). An Introduction to Ethnic conflict, Polity Book.
-  Gilley B. (2004). "Against the concept of ethnic conflict". Third World Quarterly 25(6): 1155-1166.
-  Grosby S. (1994). "The verdict of history: The inexpugnable tie of primordialist – a response to Eller and Coughlan". Ethnic and Racial Studies 17(1): 164-171 [p. 168].
-  Gurr T. R., Moore W. H. (1997) Ethno political Rebellion: A Cross-Sectional Analysis of the 1980s with Risk Assessments for the 1990s, American Journal of Political Science.
-  Huntington S. (1993). "The clash of civilizations?". Foreign Affairs 72(3): 22-49.
-  Harbom L., Wallenstein P. (2005). "Armed conflict and its international dimensions, 1946-2004" (PDF). Journal of Peace Research 42(5): 623-635.
-  Jonathan (2002). "Ethnic minorities and the Clash of Civilizations: A quantitative analysis of Huntington's thesis". British Journal of Political Science 32 (3): 415-434.
-  Malshvic S. (2004). The Sociology of Etnicity, Sage.London.
-  Horowitz D. L. (1985). Ethnic Groups in Conflict. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. p. 57.
-  "Measuring systemic peace". Center for Systemic Peace. 30 October 2006. Retrieved 18 February - 2007.
-  Mohammadzadeh H. (2010). The type of ethnically amog Kurdish people. PhD Thesis. Allame Tababai University.
-  Rex J. (1986). Race and Ethnicity, Open University Press, Milton Keynes.
-  Peck C. (1998). Substantial Peace, The role of the UN and Regional Organization in preventing conflict, Rowman & Littlefield publisher.
-  Salhi Amiry R. (2005) Management of ethnic conflicts in Iran, strategic center, Tehran.
-  Schlichting U. (1997). "Conflict between Different Nationalities: Chances for and Limits to Their Settlement". In Klinke, Andreas; Renn, Ortwin; Lehners, Jean Paul. Ethnic Conflicts and Civil Society. Aldershot: Ashgate.
-  Smith A. (2001). "Nationalism: Theory, Ideology, History". Cambridge: Polity: 54-55.
-  Shibutani, T., et al. (1965). Ethnic Stratification: A Comparative Approach, Macmillan, New York,
-  Smith D. (2003). "Trends and Causes of Armed Conflicts". In Austin, Alexander; Fischer, Martina; Ropers, Norbert. Berghof Handbook for Conflict Transformation, Berlin: Berghof Research Centre for Constructive Conflict Management / Berghof Foundation.
-  Wallenstein P., Sollenberg M. (1995). "After the Cold War: Emerging patterns of armed conflict 1989–94". Journal of Peace Research 32(3): 345-360.
Publication order reference