Study of Ichthyofauna, Fish Population and Homogeneity in Sant-Sarover Pond, Mount-Abu, Rajasthan, India
Languages of publication
The management of biodiversity in an aquatic ecosystem is considered as one of the leading concern of enabling sustainable use of natural resources. Fishes have a broad impact on the survival and prosperity of other living creatures in their habitat. Diversity in freshwater fishes and its richness in Sant-Sarover Pond, Mount Abu were studied in the period of 2018-19 in five different sampling sites. The present study deals with the total number of précised fish population, species dispersion patterns and homogeneity in Sant-Sarover Pond. The pond exhibits nearby eight fish species which indicates that the pond supports eternal fish inhabitants. The variety in fish population in Sant-Sarover Pond is a significant marker of enormous diversity in an aquatic ecosystem, as an outcome it pursue vast range of survival conditions.
-  Bailey, N. J. J. 1951. On estimating the size of mobile populations from recapture data. Biometrika 38: 293-306
-  Carlander, Kenneth D., and William M. Lewis 1948. Some precautions in estimating fish populations. Prog. Fish-Cult. 10(3), 135-137
-  Coggins LG Jr, Pine WE III, Walters CJ, Martell SJD. 2006b. Agestructured mark-recapture analysis: a virtual-population-analysis-based model for analyzing age-structured capture–recapture data. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 26, 201-205
-  Cooper, Gerald P., and Karl F. Lagler 1956. The measurement of fish population size. Trans. 21st N. Am. Wildlife Conf. 281-297.
-  Crowe, Walter R. 1950. Construction and use of small trap nets. Prog. Fish-Cult. 12(4): 185-192
-  Fredin, Reynold A. 1950. Fish population estimates in small ponds using the marking and recovery technique. Iowa State Coll. Sci. 24(4): 363-384.
-  Gerking, Shelby D. 1959. The restricted movement of fish populations. Biological Reviews 34: 221-242
-  Myers RA, Worm B (2003). Rapid worldwide depletion of predatory fish communities. Nature 423(6937): 280-283
-  Murawski SA, Rago PJ, Trippel EA (2001). Impacts of demographic variation in spawning characteristics on reference points for fishery management. Ices Journal of Marine Science 58: 1002-1014
-  Pine WE III, Pollock KH, Hightower JE, Kwak TJ, Rice JA. 2003. A review of tagging methods for estimating fish population size and components of mortality. Fisheries 28: 10-23
-  R. Gothwal and G. Gupta, Limnological study of Lentic Fresh Water Ecosystem during Summer Season: Sant-Sarover Pond, Mount-Abu, (Rajasthan), India. World Scientific News 114 (2018) 44-54
-  R. Gothwal and G. Gupta, Physico-Chemical Analysis of Soil during Summer Season in Lentic Fresh Water Ecosystem: Nakki Lake-Mount Abu (Rajasthan), India. World Scientific News 114 (2019) 117-127
-  R. Gothwal and G. Gupta, Limnology, Planktonic diversity and Ichthyofauna of Sant-Sarover Pond: Mount Abu (Rajasthan), India. World News of Natural Sciences 22 (2019) 129-138
-  R Gothwal, GK Gupta, Physico-Chemical Analysis of Soil during Summer Season: Sant-Sarover Pond, Mount-Abu, Madhav Research and Review 4, Issue - 1, Jul–Dec 2018, 18-22.
-  Kumari Uma, Prashant Kumar, Ragini Mishra, Dhruv Kumar Singh. Secondary Productivity of Zooplanktons in Lotic Water of River Saryu and Ganga at Saran District, Bihar, India. World Scientific News 96 (2018) 237-244
-  Walim Lili, Nurmuklis Rubiansyah, Zuzy Anna, Kiki Haetami. Effect of Using Low Temperature in the Beginning of Transportation with Closed System of Goldfish juvenile (Carassius auratus L.). Scientific News of Pacific Region 1 (2019) 20-30
-  Achmad Rizal, F. X. Hermawan Kusumartono, Zaida. Analysis of Fisheries Sector Contribution in Nabire District of West Papua Province. Scientific News of Pacific Region 2 (2019) 1-14
-  Seth, R.N. and Katiha, P.K. (2001) The riverine fisheries of large sized siluroids with special reference to Aorichthys seenghala (Sykes). Journal of the Indian Fisheries Association, 28, pp. 1-9.
-  Aditya P. Acharya, Annam Pavan-Kumar, Pathakota Gireesh-Babu, Chaitanya G. Joshi, Aparna Chaudhari and Gopal Krishna, Population genetics of Indian giant river-catfish, Sperata seenghala (Sykes, 1839) using microsatellite markers, Aquatic Living Resources, 10.1051/alr/2019002, 32, (4), (2019).
-  R.K. Garg, P. Sairkar, S. Chouhan, N. Batav, N. Silawat, R. Sharma, R.K. Singh and N.N. Mehrotra, Characterization of genetic variance within and among five populations of Sperata seenghala (Skyes, 1839) revealed by random amplified polymorphic DNA markers, Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, 12, 1, (7), (2014).
-  Simimole Sebastian ; Shukla, A. N. Observations on fecundity of fresh water cat fish Aorichthys seenghala from Kshipra river, Ujjain, India. Journal of Experimental Zoology, India 2007 Vol. 10 No. 2 pp. 287-290 ref. 31
-  Sanjay Kharat, Neelesh Dahanukar, Rupesh Raut and Mukul Mahabaleshwarkar. Long-term changes in freshwater fish species composition in North Western Ghats, Pune District. Current Science Vol. 84, No. 6 (25 March 2003), pp. 816-820
-  Aradhna Gupta, Devendra K. Rai, Ravi S. Pandey, Bechan Sharma. Analysis of some heavy metals in the riverine water, sediments and fish from river Ganges at Allahabad. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment October 2009, 157:449. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-008-0547-4
-  Giguere, A., Campbell, P. G. C., Hare, L., Mc Donald, D. G., & Rasmussen, J. B. (2004). Influence of lake chemistry and fish age on cadmium, copper and zinc concentrations in various organs of indigenous yellow perch (Percaflavescens). Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 61, 702–1716. doi:10.1139/f04-100.
-  M. Feroz Khan, Preetha Panikkar. Assessment of impacts of invasive fishes on the food web structure and ecosystem properties of a tropical reservoir in India. Ecological Modelling Volume 220, Issue 18, 24 September 2009, Pages 2281-2290. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2009.05.020
-  Sai Wang, et al. Longitudinal variation in energy flow networks along a large subtropical river, China. Ecological Modelling Volume 387, 10 November 2018, Pages 83-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2018.08.019
-  Rahmayani, Herman Hamdani, Junianto, A. Mahdiana Izza, Difference Effect of Mouth Width Size and Operating Depth of Sodo (Push net) on The Catch of Rebon Shrimp (Acetes indicus H. Milne Edwards, 1830) in Tanah Kuning Waters, North Kalimantan, Indonesia. Scientific News of Pacific Region 2 (2019) 40-50
-  Gashaw Tesfaye, Matthias Wolff. Modeling trophic interactions and the impact of an introduced exotic carp species in the Rift Valley Lake Koka, Ethiopia. Ecological Modelling Volume 378, 24 June 2018, Pages 26-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2018.04.003
-  Mishra, S.S., Acharjee, S.K. & Chakraborty, S.K. Development of tools for assessing conservation categories of siluroid fishes of fresh water and brackish water wetlands of South West Bengal, India. Environmental Biology of Fishes April 2009, Volume 84, Issue 4, pp 395–407. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10641-009-9448-9
-  Siska Nurfitriani, Walim Lili, Herman Hamdani, Asep Sahidin. Density Effect of Mangrove Vegetation on Gastropods on Pandansari Mangrove Ecotourism Forest, Kaliwlingi Village, Brebes Central Java. Scientific News of Pacific Region 2 (2019) 51-73
-  Patra MK, Acharjee SK, Chakraborty SK (2005) Conservation categories of siluroid fishes in North-East Sundarbans, India. Biodivers Conserv 14: 1863–1876. doi: 10.1007/s10531-004-1041-0
-  Mishra SS, Pradhan P, Kar S, Chakraborty SK (2003) Ichthyofaunal diversity of South West Bengal. Rec Zoological Surv India 220: 1–65
-  Mishra SS, Pradhan P, Dutta NC, Chakraborty SK (2001) Studies on the performance of ‘Ovatide’-on breeding of Indian major carps. J Indian Fish Assoc 28: 125–129
-  Dudgeon D (2002) An inventory of riverine biodiversity in monsoonal Asia: present status and conservation challenges. Water Sci Technol 45(11): 11–19
-  S.P. Biswas, Sanchita Boruah. Fisheries ecology of the northeastern Himalayas with special reference to the Brahmaputra River. Ecological Engineering Volume 16, Issue 1, October 2000, Pages 39-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-8574(00)00075-6
-  Pradeep K. Katiha, Anil P. Sharma & Ganesh Chandra (2013) Institutional arrangements in fisheries of Ganges River system, Aquatic Ecosystem Health & Management, 16:4, 465-472, DOI: 10.1080/14634988.2013.858009
-  Dudgeon, D. 2011. Asian river fishes in the Anthropocene: threats and conservation challenges in an era of rapid environmental change. Journal of Fish Biology (2011), 79: 1487–1524.
-  Vass, K. K., Mondal, S. K., Samanta, S., Suresh, V. R. and Katiha, P. K. 2010. The environment and fishery status of the River Ganges. Aquat. Ecosyst Health Mgmt, 13(4): 385–394.
-  Z. Zhu G. Li, L. He, S. Chen. Novel gene transfer into the fertilized eggs of gold fish (Carassius auratus L. 1758). Journal of Applied Ichthyology Volume1, Issue1, May 1985, Pages 31-34. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0426.1985.tb00408.x
-  Jinlin Chen, Zheng Fan, Dejie Tan, Dongneng Jiang and Deshou Wang, A Review of Genetic Advances Related to Sex Control and Manipulation in Tilapia, Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 49, 2, (277-291), (2017).
-  Walim Lili, Resvi Gumilar, Atikah Nurhayati, Rosidah. Effectivity of Solution Mangosteen Rind (Garciana mangostana) as Medicine for Black Tilapia Juvenile (Oreochromis niloticus Bleeker) who Infected by Aeromonas hydrophila. Scientific News of Pacific Region 1 (2019) 31-45
-  Lifei Luo, Rong Huang, Aidi Zhang, Cheng Yang, Liangming Chen, Denghui Zhu, Yongming Li, Libo He, Lanjie Liao, Zuoyan Zhu and Yaping Wang, Selection of growth-related genes and dominant genotypes in transgenic Yellow River carp Cyprinus carpio L., Functional & Integrative Genomics, 10.1007/s10142-018-0597-9, 18, 4, (425-437), (2018).
-  Qilin Gu, Xiaojie Yang, Xiaozhen He, Qing Li and Zongbin Cui, Generation and Characterization of a Transgenic Zebrafish Expressing the Reverse Tetracycline Transactivator, Journal of Genetics and Genomics, 40, 10, (523), (2013).
-  M. Duan, T. Zhang, W. Hu, L. F. Sundström, Y. Wang, Z. Li and Z. Zhu, Elevated ability to compete for limited food resources by ‘all‐fish’ growth hormone transgenic common carp Cyprinus carpio, Journal of Fish Biology, 75, 6, (1459-1472), (2009).
-  Kah, O. & Chambolle, P. Serotonin in the brain of the goldfish, Carassius auratus - An immunocytochemical study. Cell and Tissue Research October 1983, Volume 234, Issue 2, pp 319–333. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00213771
-  Jianfei Lu, Dan Xu and Liqun Lu, A novel cell line established from caudal fin tissue of Carassius auratus gibelio is susceptible to cyprinid herpesvirus 2 infection with the induction of apoptosis, Virus Research, 10.1016/j.virusres.2018.09.010, 258, (19-27), (2018).
-  S Y Kong, Y S Jiang, Q Wang, J F Lu, D Xu and L Q Lu, Detection methods of Cyprinid herpesvirus 2 infection in silver crucian carp (Carassius auratus gibelio) via a pORF72 monoclonal antibody, Journal of Fish Diseases, 40, 12, (1791-1798), (2017).
-  Seemab Zehra, Mukhtar A. Khan. Dietary phenylalanine requirement and tyrosine replacement value for phenylalanine for fingerling Catla catla (Hamilton). Aquaculture Volume 433, 20 September 2014, Pages 256-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2014.06.023
-  J. Ravi, K.V. Devaraj. Quantitative essential amino acid requirements for growth of catla, Catla catla (Hamilton). Aquaculture Volume 96, Issues 3–4, 15 August 1991, Pages 281-291. https://doi.org/10.1016/0044-8486(91)90158-4
-  K M Renukaradhya, T J Varghese. Protein requirement of the carps,Catla catla (Hamilton) andLabeo rohita (Hamilton). Proceedings: Animal Sciences February 1986, Volume 95, Issue 1, pp 103–107
-  Rina Chakrabarti, Rao Y. Vasudeva. Achyranthes aspera stimulates the immunity and enhances the antigen clearance in Catla catla. International Immunopharmacology Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2006, Pages 782-790. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2005.11.020
-  M E Azim, M A Wahab, A A Van Dam, M C M Beveridge, M C J Verdegem. The potential of periphyton‐based culture of two Indian major carps, rohu Labeo rohita (Hamilton) and gonia Labeo gonius (Linnaeus). Aquaculture Research Volume 32, Issue 3, March 2001, Pages 209-216
-  S. Sahu, B. K. Das, B. K. Mishra, J. Pradhan, N. Sarangi. Effect of Allium sativum on the immunity and survival of Labeo rohita infected with Aeromonas hydrophila, Journal of Applied Ichthyology Volume 23, Issue 1, February 2007 Pages 80-86
-  M. Nahiduzzaman, M. Mahbubul Hassan, U. Habiba Khanam, S.N.A. Mamun, Mostafa A.R. Hossain and Terrence R. Tiersch, Sperm cryopreservation of the critically endangered olive barb (Sarpunti) Puntius sarana (Hamilton, 1822), Cryobiology, 62, 1, (62), (2011).
-  A.Das, P.K. Sahoo, B.R. Mohanty, J.K. Jena. Pathophysiology of experimental Aeromonas hydrophila infection in Puntius sarana: Early changes in blood and aspects of the innate immune-related gene expression in survivors. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology Volume 142, Issues 3–4, 15 August 2011, Pages 207-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vetimm.2011.05.017
-  Graham H. Pyke. A Review of the Biology of Gambusia affinis and G. holbrooki. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries November 2005, Volume 15, Issue 4, pp 339–365
-  M.S. Parihar, Tarangini Javeri, Taruna Hemnani, A.K. Dubey, Prem Prakash. Responses of superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase and reduced glutathione antioxidant defenses in gills of the freshwater catfish (Heteropneustes fossilis) to short-term elevated temperature. Journal of Thermal Biology Volume 22, Issue 2, April 1997, Pages 151-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4565(97)00006-5
-  N. N. Singh, V. K. Das, S. Singh. Effect of Aldrin on Carbohydrate, Protein, and Ionic Metabolism of a Freshwater Catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology August 1996, Volume 57 , Issue 2 , pp 204 –210
Publication order reference