Analysis of the religious wave basing on the concept of the Four Waves of Terrorism by David Rapoport from the perspective of selected political events
Languages of publication
This article is a comprehensive analysis of the fourth wave of terrorism, the definition of which was coined by an American professor, David Charles Rapoport. The author of this publication, building on his two earlier works, attempts to present the last wave of terrorism predominantly by focusing on selected political events taking place within the timeframe of the so-called religious wave. The article examines said events in the context of security and methods utilized during terrorist attacks.
-  H. E. Chehabi, Religion and Politics in Iran: How Theocratic Is the Islamic Republic? Daedalus, Vol. 120, No. 3 (Summer, 1991), pp. 69-91.
-  B. Lewis, A Historical Overview, Journal of Democracy, Vol. 7, No. 2 (1996), pp. 52-63.
-  G. Mehran, Ideology and Education in the Islamic Republic of Iran, Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education, Vol. 20, Iss. 1 (1990), pp. 53-65.
-  M. Durham, Preparing for armageddon: Citizen militias, the patriot movement and the Oklahoma city bombing, Terrorism and Political Violence, Vol. 8, Issue 1 (1996), pp. 65-79.
-  E. Sprinzak, Extremism and violence in Israeli democracy, Terrorism and Political Violence, Vol. 12, Issue 3-4 (2000), pp. 209-236.
-  D. K. Williams, Jerry Falwell’s Sunbelt Politics: The Regional Origins of the Moral Majority, Journal of Policy History, Vol. 22, Issue 2 (2010), pp. 125-147.
-  G. Espinosa, Barack Obama's Political Theology: Pluralism, Deliberative Democracy, and the Christian Faith, Political Theology, Vol. 13, Issue 5 (2012), pp. 610-633.
-  V. L. Bates, Lobbying for the Lord: The New Christian Right Home-Schooling Movement and Grassroots Lobbying, Review of Religious Research, Vol. 33, No. 1 (1991), pp. 3-17.
-  B. W. Daynes, R. Tatalovich, Presidential Politics and Abortion, 1972-1988, Presidential Studies Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 3 (1992), pp. 545-561.
-  J. M. Benson, The Polls: A Rebirth of Religion? The Public Opinion Quarterly, Vol. 45, No. 4 (1981), pp. 576-585.
-  L. King, G. Husting, Anti-Abortion Activism In The U.S. And France: Comparing Opportunity Environments Of Rescue Tactics, Mobilization: An International Quarterly, Vol. 8, No. 3 (2003), pp. 297-312.
-  K. Monagle, How we got here, Peace Review: A Journal of Social Justice, Vol. 7, Issue 3-4 (1995), pp. 377-382.
-  J. R. Carlson, The future terrorists in America, American Journal of Police, Vol. 14, Issue 3-4 (1995), pp. 71-91.
-  C. Hewitt, Patterns of American terrorism 1955–1998: An historical perspective on terrorism-related fatalities, Terrorism and Political Violence, Vol. 12, Iss. 1 (2000), pp. 1-14.
-  L. Weissbrod, Gush Emunim ideology — from religious doctrine to political action, Middle Eastern Studies, Vol. 18, Issue 3 (1982), pp. 265-275.
-  D. Arnow, The Holocaust and the birth of Israel: Reassessing the causal relationship, Journal of Israeli History, Vol. 15, Issue 3 (1994), pp. 257-281.
-  S. Wagner, British Intelligence and the Jewish Resistance Movement in the Palestine Mandate, 1945–46, Intelligence and National Security Journal, Vol. 23, Issue 5 (2008), pp. 629-657.
-  F. M. Perko, Education, Socialization, and Development of National Identity: The American Common School and Israel Defense Forces in Transnational Perspective, Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies, Vol. 21, No. 2 (2003), pp. 101-119.
-  E. Sprinzak, From messianic pioneering to vigilante terrorism: The case of the gush emunim underground, Journal of Strategic Studies, Vol. 10, Issue 4 (1987), pp. 194-216.
-  T. Princen, Camp David: Problem-Solving or Power Politics as Usual? Journal of Peace Research, Vol. 28, Issue 1 (1991), p. 241.
-  Yoram Peri, Israel in Lebanon-One Year Later, Journal of Palestine Studies, Vol. 13, No. 1 (1983), pp. 190-196.
-  E. Pascovich, Shin Bet and the Challenge of Right-Wing Political Extremism in Israel, International Journal of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence, Vol. 30, Issue 2 (2017), pp. 269-309.
Publication order reference