Effects of heat transfer on unsteady magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) boundary layer flow of an incompressible fluid a moving vertical plate
Languages of publication
This paper deals with the effects of heat transfer on unsteady MHD boundary layer flow of a chemically reading fluid past a vertical plate in the presence of thermal radiation and viscous dissipation. The governing equations of the problem under investigation are systems of partial differential equations. These equations are namely: continuity equation, linear momentum equation and energy equation. These systems of equations were non-dimentionalized by introducing non-dimensional variables. We resulted to dimensionless systems of partial differential equations. The fluid considered in this paper are optically thick, however we employ the Roseland model. Simulations were done numerically on all controlling parameters and the results generated were displayed in graphs and tables. Results review that thermal Grashof number intensifies the velocity profile and increase in Prandtl number leads to decrease in both the velocity and temperature field. Increasing thermal radiation intensifies the velocity and temperature profile. Thermal radiation speeds up the convection flow and thermal boundary layer of the fluid. Increase in magnetic parameter reduces the velocity profile as a result of the applied transverse magnetic field.
-  Ajayi T.M., Omowaye A.J., and Animasaun I.L. (2017): Viscous dissipation effects on the motion of Casson fluid over an upper horizontal thermally stratified melting surface of a paraboloid of revolution: boundary layer analysis. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2017, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/1697135
-  Alao F.I., Fagbade A.I., Falodun B.O. (2016); Effects of Thermal Radiation, Soret and Dufour on an Unsteady heat and Mass Transfer Flow of a Chemically reacting Fluid past a Semi-infinite Vertical Plate with Viscous Dissipation. Journal of the Nigerian Mathematical Society, 35(2016), 142-158.
-  Ghosh S.K., and Shit G.C. (2012): Mixed Convection MHD Flow of Viscoelastic Fluid in a Porous Medium Past a Hot Vertical Plate. World Journal of Mechanics, 2, 262-271.
-  Hazarika G.C., and Konch Jadav (2014): Effects of Variable viscosity and thermal conductivity on MHD free convective flow along a vertical porous plate with viscous dissipation. International Journal of Mathematics Trends and Technology, 15(1), 70-85.
-  Jimoh A., Idowu A.S., and Tititloye (2014): Influence of Soret on unsteady MHD of Kuvshinshiki fluid flow with heat and mass transfer past a vertical porous plate with variable suction. International Journal on Recent Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, 2(9), 2599-2611.
-  Jimoh A., Dada M.S., Idowu A.S. Agunbiade S.A. (2015): Numerical Study of Unsteady Free Convective Heat Transfer in Walters-B Viscoelastic Flow over an Inclined Stretching Sheet with Heat Source and Magnetic Field. The Pacific Journal of science and Technology, 16(1), 60-76.
-  Kishan Naikoti and Kavitha (2014): MHD Non-Newtonian power law fluid flow and Heat transfer past a Non-linear Stretching Surface with Thermal Radiation and Viscous Dissipation. Journal of Applied Science and Engineering, Vol. 17(3), pp. 267-274.
-  Kishan N., Kalyani C., Reddy M.C.K. (2016): MHD Boundary Layer Flow of a Nanofluid Over and Exponentially Permeable Stretching Sheet with Radiation and Heat Source/Sink. Transport Phenomenon Micro Scales, 4(1), 44-51.
-  Madhuri D. Latha, Haritha C., and Kishan N. (2012): Finite difference analysis on an unsteady mixed convection flow past a semi-infinite vertical permeable moving plate with heat and mass transfer with radiation and viscous dissipation. Advances in Applied Science Research, 3(4), 2266-2279.
-  Mangathai P., Reddy Ramana G.V., and Reddy Rami B. (2015): Heat and mass transfer effects on MHD free convection flow over and inclined plate embedded in a porous medium. International Journal of Advanced Computer and Mathematical Sciences, 7(1), 1-12.
-  Manna S.S., Das S., and Jana R.N. (2012): Effects of Radiation on Unsteady MHD Free Convective Flow past an Oscillatory Vertical porous plate embedded in a porous medium with Oscillatory heat Flux. Advances in Applied Science Research, 3(6), 3722-3736.
-  Mohammed and Bhaskar (2013): Similarity solution of heat and Mass Transfer for Natural Convection over a Moving Vertical Plate with Internal heat Generation and a Convective Boundary condition in the presence of thermal radiation, viscous dissipation and chemical reaction. Hindawi Publishing Corporation, ISRN Thermodynamics.
-  Mohammed I.S. Reddy T.S., Roja P. (2014): Radiation effects on unsteady MHD free convective heat and mass transfer flow past a vertical porous plate embedded in a porous medium with viscous dissipation. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 3(11), 17181-17194.
-  Mohammed A.A. (2015): Effect of Radiation on MHD mixed convection flow from a vertical plate embedded in a saturated porous media with melting. General Math Notes, Vol 31(1), pp. 42-60.
-  Motsa S.S. (2012): New Iterative Methods for solving Non-linear Boundary value problems. Fifth Annual Workshop on Computational Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Modeling in Fluid Flow. School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, Pietermaritzburg Campus, 9-13
-  Nandeppanavar M.M. and Siddalingappa M.N. (2013): effect of viscous dissipation and thermal radiation on heat transfer over a non-linear stretching sheet through porous medium. International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 18(12), 461-474
-  Roja P., Reddy Sankar T., and Reddy Bhaskar N. (2013): Radiation and mass transfer effects on MHD free convective flow of a micropolar fluid past an infinite vertical porous moving plate embedded in porous medium with viscous dissipation. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 3(6), 1-12.
-  Sharma P.R., Sharma M. and Yadav R.S. (2014): Viscous dissipation and mass transfer effects on unsteady MHD free convective flow along a moving vertical porous plate in the presence of internal heat generation and variable suction. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 4(9), 1-9.
-  Sharma K. and Gupta S. (2016): Analytical study of MHD Boundary Layer Flow and Heat Transfer towards a Porous Exponentially Stretching Sheet in Presence of Thermal Radiation. International Journal of Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 4(1), 1-10.
-  Suresh, Veena P.H., Pravin V.K. (2016): Numerical Investigation of an unsteady mixed convective mass and heat transfer MHD flow with soret effect and viscous dissipation in the presence of thermal radiation and heat source/sink. International Journal of mechanical Engineering and Technology, 7(3), 170-181.
-  Mohsen Sheikholeslami, Davood Domiri Ganji, M. Younus Javed, R. Ellahi. Effect of thermal radiation on magnetohydrodynamics nanofluid flow and heat transfer by means of two phase model. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials Volume 374, 15 January 2015, Pages 36-43
-  P. S. Gupta and A. S. Gupta. Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction or blowing. The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering Volume 55, Issue 6 December 1977 Pages 744–746
-  U. S. Mahabaleshwar, I.E. Sarris, A.A. Hill, Giulio Lorenzini, Ioan Pop, An MHD couple stress fluid due to a perforated sheet undergoing linear stretching with heat transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2017, 105, 157
-  S. R. Mishra, P. K. Pattnaik, M. M. Bhatti, T. Abbas, Analysis of heat and mass transfer with MHD and chemical reaction effects on viscoelastic fluid over a stretching sheet, Indian Journal of Physics, 2017, 91, 10, 1219
-  G.S. Seth, M.K. Mishra, Analysis of transient flow of MHD nanofluid past a non-linear stretching sheet considering Navier’s slip boundary condition, Advanced Powder Technology, 2017, 28, 2, 375
-  S. Shateyi, F. Mabood, G. Lorenzini, Casson fluid flow: Free convective heat and mass transfer over an unsteady permeable stretching surface considering viscous dissipation, Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 2017, 26, 1, 39
-  Tasawar Hayat, Arsalan Aziz, Taseer Muhammad, Ahmed Alsaedi, Darcy–Forchheimer Three-Dimensional Flow of Williamson Nanofluid over a Convectively Heated Nonlinear Stretching Surface, Communications in Theoretical Physics, 2017, 68, 3, 387
-  M I Anwar, N Tanveer, M Z Salleh, S Shafie, Diffusive effects on hydrodynamic Casson nanofluid boundary layer flow over a stretching surface, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2017, 890, 012047
-  Tim G. Myers, Helena Ribera, Vincent Cregan, Does mathematics contribute to the nanofluid debate?, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2017, 111, 279
-  S. Haldar, S. Mukhopadhyay, G. C. Layek, Dual solutions of Casson fluid flows over a power-law stretching sheet, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, 2017, 58, 4, 629
-  Sohail Nadeem, Shafiq Ahmad, Noor Muhammad, M.T. Mustafa, Chemically reactive species in the flow of a Maxwell fluid, Results in Physics, 2017, 7, 2607
-  G. Kumaran, N. Sandeep, M.E. Ali, Computational analysis of magnetohydrodynamic Casson and Maxwell flows over a stretching sheet with cross diffusion, Results in Physics, 2017, 7, 147
-  Arif Hussain, M.Y. Malik, S. Bilal, M. Awais, T. Salahuddin, Computational analysis of magnetohydrodynamic Sisko fluid flow over a stretching cylinder in the presence of viscous dissipation and temperature dependent thermal conductivity, Results in Physics, 2017, 7, 139
-  Tasawar Hayat, Sohail Ahmed, Taseer Muhammad, Ahmed Alsaedi, Muhammad Ayub, Computational modeling for homogeneous-heterogeneous reactions in three-dimensional flow of carbon nanotubes, Results in Physics, 2017, 7, 2651
Publication order reference