The essence of telematics systems providing in transport
Languages of publication
Telematics should be understood as all information, telecommunications and IT solutions that have been used to improve the activities of specific sectors. Telematics is distinguished by so-called transport telematics. Every year, the number of telematics solutions for trucks increases. Therefore, this topic has become quite significant in recent times. The task of telematics systems is to collect and handle those messages that have been achieved during transport. Some telematics solutions provided by enterprises include devices monitoring the transport process and measuring devices, GPS as well as on-board computers. The reduction of freight transport costs through the minimization of individual expenses is considered to be the main purpose of using telematic devices. The use of such solutions makes it possible to verify transport to a much greater extent.
-  Baecke P., Bocca L., The value of vehicle telematics data in insurance risk selection processes, Decision Support Systems Journal, Volume 98, 2017, p. 73
-  Ballis, A. and Golias, J., Towards the improvement of a combined transport chain performance, European Journal of Operational Research, 152 2, 2004, p. 420.
-   Basadur M., Gelade G.A., The role of knowledge management in the innovation process, Creativity and Innovation Management, vol. 15, nr. 1, 2006, p. 45-55.
-  Bazzan A. L. C., Klügl F., Introduction to Intelligent Systems in Traffic and Transportation, Morgan & Claypool, 2014, p. 120.
-  Bendula J. Skorna A., Exploring impact factors of shippers’ risk prevention activities: A European survey in transportation, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review Journal, Volume 90, 2016, p. 218.
-  Chen W., Bertrand D., René Ch., Chuantao Y., Dynamic road lane management study: A Smart City application, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review Journal, Volume 89, 2016, p. 280.
-  Gerardo B. D., Lee J., A framework for discovering relevant patterns using aggregation and intelligent data mining agents in telematics systems, Telematics and Informatics Journal, Volume 26, Issue 4, 2009, p. 348.
-  Jaekel B., Albrecht T., Comparative analysis of algorithms and models for train running simulation, Journal of Rail Transport Planning & Management, Volume 4, Issues 1–2, 2014, p. 19.
-  Lee, S.-H., Lee, B.-W., Yang, Y.-K., Estimation of link speed using pattern classification of GPS probe car data, [in:] Gavrilova, M.L., Gervasi, O., Kumar, V., Tan, C.J.K., Taniar, D., Laganá, A., Mun, Y., Choo, H. (eds.) ICCSA 2006. LNCS, vol. 3981, Springer, Heidelberg 2006, p. 497-503.
-  Madureira A., Factors that hinder the success of SIM-based mobile NFC service deployments, Telematics and Informatics Journal, Volume 34, Issue 1, 2017, p. 134.
-  Mikulski J., Contemporary situation in transport systems telematics, [in:] Advances in transport systems telematics, red. J. Mikulski, Vol. 2, Silesian University of Technology, Katowice 2007, p. 175-180.
-  Neumann T., Automotive and Telematics Transportation Systems, 2017 International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON), Astana, Kazakhstan, 2017, p. 2–4.
-  Neumann T., Fuzzy Routing Algorithm in Telematics Transportation Systems, [in:] Smart Solutions in Today’s Transport, Katowice - Ustroń, 2017, p. 498-502.
-  Neumann T., The Shortest Path Problem with Uncertain Information in Transport Networks, [in:] Challenge of Transport Telematics, Katowice - Ustroń, 2016, p. 480-485.
-  Ochieng WY., Sauer K., Urban road transport navigation requirements: performance of the global positioning system after selective availability, Transport Res C 10, 2001, p. 173-186.
-  Ochieng, W.Y., Quddus, M.A. and Noland, R.B., Integrated positioning algorithms for transport telematics applications, Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation (ION) GNSS 2004 Conference, Long Beach, California, 2004, p. 692.
-  Quddus, M.A., Noland, R.B., Ochieng, W.Y., Validation of map matching algorithm using high precision positioning with GPS, Journal of Navigation 58, 2004, p. 258-270.
-  Quddus, M.A., Ochieng, W.Y., Lin, Z., Noland, R.B., A general map-matching algorithm for transport telematics applications, GPS Solutions 7(3), 2003, p. 158-167.
-  Reuver M., Ondrus J. When technological superiority is not enough: The struggle to impose the SIM card as the NFC Secure Element for mobile payment platforms, Telecommunications Policy Journal, Volume 41, Issue 4, 2017, p. 260.
-  Stanković N., Micić Ž, Innovating and management of the knowledge base on the example of IT applications, Telematics and Informatics Journal, Volume 35, Issue 5, 2018, p. 1462.
-  Taylor G, Blewitt G, Steup D, Corbett S, Car A., Road reduction filtering for GPS-GIS navigation, Proceedings of 3rd AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science, Helsinki, 2001, p. 115-119.
-  Winter, S., Modeling Costs of Turns in Route Planning, GeoInformatica 6, 2002, p. 367-378.
-  Yuan H., Qian Y., Yang R., Ren M., Human mobility discovering and movement intention detection with GPS trajectories, Decision Support Journal, Volume 63, 2014, p. 40-45.
-  Ziliaskopoulos A. K., Waller S. T., An internet based geographic information system that integrates data, models, and users for transportation applications, Transport Research, Part C 8, 2000, p. 427-435.
Publication order reference