Development and validation of reversed phase gradient HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone in dosage forms
Languages of publication
The main objective of the proposed study is to develop and validate a new stability indicating reverse phase HPLC gradient method for the simultaneous estimation of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone in combined dosage form. The method is optimized by using zorbax phenyl column (250 x 4.6 mm, 5 μ). For pump-A, ammonium dihydrogen orthophosphate and pump-B, acetonitrile: are used. Phosphate buffer pH was adjusted with orthophosphoric acid to 3.0. Water and acetonitrile (45:50) are used as diluent. The flow rate is 1.5 ml/min and the elutant is monitored at 220 nm with uv detector. The retention time of olmesatran medoxomil and chlorthalidone are 10.70 ±0.1 mins and 4.8 ± 0.1 mins respectively. Precision shows that % Relative standard deviation of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone is about 0.23 and 0.56 respectively. The percentage recoveries of both the drugs olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone from the dosage formulation are 100.3% and 99.20% respectively. Linearity of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone is in the range of 10.0 to 60.0 μg/ml and 6.25 μg/ml respectively. Calibration curve shows good linearity and range. The correlation coefficient of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone is 0.999. And the results obtained for Robustness and Ruggedness are well within the acceptance criteria. The proposed method is found to be simple, rapid, accurate and precise. It is found to be economical and suitable for simultaneous determination of olmesartan medoxomil and chlorthalidone in pharmaceutical dosage form.
-  G.K. Aulakh, R.K. Sodhi, M. Singh, Life Sciences, 81(2007) 615-639.
-  Kusum lata et. al., International Journal of Pharmachutical and Quality Assurance, 1 (2010) 60-66.
-  Parikh et. Al., Pharma Science Monitor, 4, Supp-1, (2013)
-  M. Yunoos and D. Gowri Sankar, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 7(3) (2015) 2442-2448.
-  S. Hillaert, W. Van den Bossche, Journal of Pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis 31 (2003) 329-339.
-  (a) D. Suneetha and A. Lakshmana Rao, International Journal Of Research In Pharmacy And Chemistry 1 (2011) 1-7.
- (b) V. Bhaskara Raju and A. Lakshmana Rao, International Journal Of Research In Pharmacy And Chemistry 1 (2011) 25-28.
- (c) I. Venkata Rayanam, A. Lakshmana Rao and M.V. Ramana, International Journal Of Research In Pharmacy And Chemistry 1 (2011) 50-54.
-  S. Naazneen and A. Sridevi, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 6 (2014) 236-243.
-  M. Bakshi and S. Singh, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 28 (2002) 1011-1040
-  The Formulary US, Rockyvilley USP. The United State pharmacopoeial Convention Inde. NF 32, 2014;36
-  ICH (International Conference on Harmonization) – Guidelines Q2A, Validation of Analytical Procedures: Definition and terminology (CPMP III/5626/94) March Geneva, Switzerland. Journal of AOAC International 1995.
-  ICH (International Conference on Harmonization) – Guidelines Q2B, Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology (CPMP/ICH/281/95) November Geneva, Switzerland. Journal of AOAC International 1996.
-  G. Thirunarayanan, J. Korean Chem. Soc. 52(4) (2008) 369-379.
-  R. Arulkumaran, R. Sundararajan, G. Vanangamudi, M. Subramanian, K. Ravi, V. Sathiyendiran, S. Srinivasan, and G. Thirunarayanan, IUP. J. Chem., 3(1), (2010) 82-98.
-  G. Thirunarayanan, P. Mayavel, K. Thirumurthy, G. Vanangamudi, K. Lakshmanan and K. G. Sekar, Int. J. Chem. 1(2) (2012) 166-172.
-  G. Thirunarayanan, G. Vanangamudi and M. Subramanian, Org. Chem.: An Indian Journal, 9(1) (2013) 1-16. UPDI: http://www.updi.info/09747516.9/165555
-  K. G. Sekar and G. Thirunarayanan, Int. Lett. Chem. Phys. Astro. 8(2) (2013) 160-174.
-  M. Subramanian, G. Vanangamudi and G. Thirunarayanan, Spectrochim Acta, 110A, (2013) 116-123. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2013.03.023
-  G. Vanangamudi, M. Subramanian and G. Thirunarayanan, Arabian J. Chem. 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.arabjc.2013.03.006.
-  R. Arulkumaran, S. Vijayakumar, R. Sundararajan, D. Kamalakkannan, K. Ranganathan, R. Suresh, S.P. Sakthinathan, G. Vanangamudi, G. Thirunarayanan, Indian J. Adv. Chem. Sci. 2(1) (2013) 6-15.
-  R. Vijayakumar, M. Rajarajan, S. Balaji, V. Manikandan, R. Senbagam G. Vanangamudi, G. Thirunarayanan, World Scientific News 9 (2015) 70-87
Publication order reference