Physico-chemical parameter analysis of water in Musiri Taluk, Tamil Nadu, India
Languages of publication
Analysis physico-chemical parameters of ground and surface water of Musiri Taluk (Tamil Nadu, India) were carried out to study the quality of water and suitability for domestic purpose. Cauvery water, well water and bore wells are water resources of the study area. The parameters: pH, EC, TDS, Turbidity, Total hardness and content of Fluoride, Sulphate and Chloride were studied and compared with the standard values prescribed by BIS. The present investigation revealed that the quality of water of Cauvery water is suitable for drinking purposes. But, the well water and bore well water samples are unfit for drinking and utility purpose.
-  Pandey, A. K., Siddiqi S. Z. and Rama Rao, Physico-chemical and Biological Characteristics of Husain Sagar, an Industrially Polluted Lake, Hyderabad. Proc. Acad. Environ. Biol. 2(2) (1993) 161-167.
-  Trivedy, R. K. and Goel P. K., Chemical and Biological Methods for Water Pollution Studies, Environmental Publication, Karad, (1986), Maharashtra.
-  Kodarkar M. S., Methodology for Water Analysis, Physico-chemical, Biological and Microbiological. Indian Association of Aquatic Biologists, Hyderabad, 2nd Edition, (1992), pp. 50.
-  Marisol Vega, Rafael Pardo, Enrique Barrado, Luis Debán. Assessment of seasonal and polluting effects on the quality of river water by exploratory data analysis. Water Research, Volume 32, Issue 12, December 1998, Pages 3581-3592
-  Minns C.K., Factors Affecting Fish Species Richness in Onleria Lake. Trans. of Am. Fish Soc. 118 (1989) 533-454.
-  Praparna N and Shashikant K., Pollution Level in Hussain Sagar Lake of Hyderabad - A case study. Poll. Res. 21 (2002) 187-190.
-  Hulchinson G.E., A Treatise on Limnology. Vol. I, Part-2, Chemistry of Lakes, (1957), John Whiley & Sons, New York.
-  Arvindkumar, Some Immunological Aspects of the Fresh water Tropical Wetland of Santhal. Pargana (Bihar) India. J. Envi. Poll. 2(3) (1995) 137-141.
-  Jayanta Chutia and Siba Prasad Sarma. Relative Content of Chloride and Sulphate in Drinking Water Samples in Different Localities of Dhakuakhana Sub-division of Lakhimpur District of Assam. Int. J. Chem. Sci. 7(3) (2009) 2087-2095.
-  Meenakshi, Garg V.K., Kavita R and Mallik A., Ground Water Quality in Some Villages of Haryana, India, Focus on Fluoride and Fluorosis. J. Han Mater, 106 (2004) 85-97.
-  Yadawe M.S., Hiremath D.M. and Patil S.A., Assessment of Fluoride Content in Ground and Surface Water and its Environmental Impacts at Basavan, Bagewade and Muddebihal Taluk of Bijapur District. E- Journal of Chem. 7 (2010) 109-113.
-  Lorraine C.B., Assessing the Acute Gastro Intestinal Effects of Ingesting Naturally Occurring High Levels of Sulphate in Drinking Water. Crit. Rev. Clin. Lab. Sci. 37 (2000) 389-400.
-  Hujare, M.S., Seasonal Variation of Physico-chemical Parameters in the Perennial Tank of Talsande, Maharashtra. Ecotoxico. Environ. Monit. 18(3) (2008) 233-242.
-  Khan, M. A. G and Choudhary S. H., Physical and Chemical Limnology of Lake Kaptai, Bangladesh. Trop. Eco. 35(1) (1994) 35-51.
-  Kadam, M. S. Pampatwar D. V. and Mali R. P., Seasonal Variations in Different Physico-chemical Characteristics in Masoli Reservoir of Parbhani District, Maharashtra. J. Aq. Bio. 22(1) (2007) 110-112.
Publication order reference