Modeling and Simulation of Multi-machine System Using UPFC for Enhancing Transient Stability
Languages of publication
In this paper, transient stability of IEEE 9- bus system combined with Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC), has been accomplished. UPFC based on Voltage Source Controller (VSC) has a higher switching frequency, an obvious voltage harmonic and a lower voltage level. Under a symmetrical three-phase short circuit with a different fault locations were used and the load angle variation also studied to test the control performance. The multi machine system combined with UPFC controller, perform outstanding to reduce damping oscillation in power system observed in results of simulation.
-  M. A. Abido, Power System Stability Enhancement Using Facts Controllers : a Review. The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering Science vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 153–172, 2010.
-  S. K. Gupta, M. Singh, and H. D. Sharma, Installation of UPFC for enhancing overall performance of electrical power system. Russ. Electr. Eng. vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 314–320, 2017.
-  S. A. Taher and A. A. Abrishami, UPFC location and performance analysis in deregulated power systems. Math. Probl. Eng. vol. 2009, 2009.
-  A. Zangeneh, A. Kazemi, M. Hajatipour, and S. Jadid, A Lyapunov theory based UPFC controller for power flow control. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. vol. 31, no. 7–8, pp. 302–308, 2009.
-  H. Chen, Y. Wang, and R. Zhou, Transient stability enhancement via coordinated excitation and UPFC control. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 19–29, 2002.
-  A. Khodabakhshian, M. R. Esmaili, and M. Bornapour, Optimal coordinated design of UPFC and PSS for improving power system performance by using multi-objective water cycle algorithm. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. vol. 83, pp. 124–133, 2016.
-  S. Dutta, P. K. Roy, and D. Nandi, Optimal location of UPFC controller in transmission network using hybrid chemical reaction optimization algorithm. Int. J. Electr. Power Energy Syst. vol. 64, pp. 194–211, 2015.
-  A Singh, A U Ahmad, Control Reactive Power Flow with UPFC. Int. J.of advanced research in electrical, electronics and instrumentation engg vol. 4 pp. 7818–7829, 2015.
Publication order reference