Internet of Things Applications, Challenges and Related Future Technologies
Languages of publication
Nowadays Internet of Things (IoT) gained a great attention form researchers, since it becomes an important technology that promises a smart human being life, by allowing a communications between objects, machines and every things together with peoples. IoT represents a system which consists a things in the real world, and sensors attached to or combined to these things, connected to the Internet via wired and wireless network structure. The IoT sensors can use various types of connections such as RFID, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and ZigBee, in addition to allowing wide area connectivity using many technologies such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, and LTE. IoT-enabled things will share information about the condition of things and the surrounding environment with people, software systems and other machines. by the technology of the IoT , the world will becomes smart in every aspects , since the IoT will provides a means of smart cities , smart healthcare , smart homes and building , in addition to many important applications such as smart energy , grid , transportation , waste management and monitoring . In this paper we review a concept of many IoT applications and future possibilities for new
-  M. A. Ezechina, K. K. Okwara, C. A. U. Ugboaja. The Internet of Things (Iot): A Scalable Approach to Connecting Everything. The International Journal of Engineering and Science 4(1) (2015) 09-12.
-  http://www.meraevents.com/event/iot-workshop
-  http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/white-papers/INTOTHNGSWP.pdf
-  Saranya C. M., Nitha K. P., Analysis of Security methods in Internet of Things. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, Volume 3, Issue 4; April 2015.
-  Sapandeep Kaur, Ikvinderpal Singh. A Survey Report on Internet of Things Applications. International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology Volume 4, Issue 2, Mar - Apr 2016.
-  S. Misra et al., Security Challenges and Approaches in Internet of Things. Springer Briefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2016.
-  Suwimon Vongsingthong and Sucha Smanchat. A Review of Data Management in Internet of Things. KKU Res. J. 2015
-  http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/552232/Downloads/Partner_program/Smart_Environments_Flyer.pdf?t=1458917278396
-  http://docplayer.net/1073234-Internet-of-things-converging-technologies-for-smart-environments-and-integrated-ecosystems.html
-  Jayavardhana Gubbia, Rajkumar Buyyab, Slaven Marusic, Marimuthu Palaniswami. Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions. Future Generation Computer Systems 29 (2013) 1645-1660.
-  https://dupress.deloitte.com/dup-us-en/focus/internet-of-things/iot-commercial-real-estate-intelligent-building-systems.html
-  Grandinetti, Lucio. Pervasive Cloud Computing Technologies: Future Outlooks and Interdisciplinary Perspectives: Future Outlooks and Interdisciplinary Perspectives. IGI Global, 2013.
-  http://standardsinsight.com/iot/iotworkshop
-  Debasis Bandyopadhyay, Jaydip Sen. Internet of Things - Applications and Challenges in Technology and Standardization. arvix 9 may 2011
-  http://www.academia.edu/3276195/Internet_of_Things_Applications_and_Challenges_in_Technology_and_Standardization
-  Adam D. Thierer. The Internet of Things and Wearable Technology: Addressing Privacy and Security Concerns without Derailing Innovation. 21 Rich. J. L. & Tech. 6 (2015).
-  Patrick Guillemin, et al., Internet of Things Position Paper on Standardization for IoT technologies. European research cluster on the internet of things; January, 2015.
-  Patrick Guillemin et al., Internet of Things standardization - Status, Requirements, Initiatives and Organizations. Conference: Internet of Things - Converging Technologies for Smart Environments and Integrated Ecosystems 2013.
-  http://www.standardsuniversity.org/e-magazine/march-2016/security-and-iot-in-ieee-standards/
-  Dr Ovidiu Vermesan, Dr Peter Friess. Internet of thing from research and innovation to market deployment, 2014 River Publishers.
-  Sophia Antipolis. New ETSI specification for Internet of Things and Machine to Machine Low Throughput Networks. 30 September 2014; http://www.etsi.org/news-events/news/827-2014-09-news-etsi-new-specification-for-internet-of-things-and-machine-to-machine-low-throughput-networks
-  Building the future; http://www.etsi.org/images/files/WorkProgramme/etsi-work-programme-2015-2016.pdf
-  https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/overview.html
-  http://www.ipv6forum.com/iot/index.php/homepage
-  http://iot6.eu/iot6_main_achievements
-  Isam Ishaq et al., IETF Standardization in the Field of the Internet of Things (IoT): A Survey. J. Sens. Actuator Netw. 2 (2013) 235-287, doi: 10.3390/jsan2020235
-  Nicola Accettura. Optimal and Secure Protocols in the IETF 6TiSCH communication. stack; http://telematics.poliba.it/publications/2014/Accettura ISIE2014 .pdf
-  Gérald Santucci. Internet of things: an early reality of the future internet. May 2009. http://cordis.europa.eu/pub/fp7/ict/docs/enet/iot-prague-workshop-report-vfinal-20090706_en.pdf
-  http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/techwatch/Pages/internetofthings.aspx
-  https://www.thingworx.com/ecosystem/markets/smart-connected-systems/smart-cities/
-  Eiman Al Nuaimi1 et al., Applications of big data to smart cities. Journal of Internet Services and Applications 2015.
-  http://www.7wdata.be/article-general/how-big-data-and-internet-of-things-builds-smart-cities/
-  A. Murray, M. Minevich, and A. Abdoullaev. Being smart about smart cities. KM World, October 2011.
-  Farheen Fatima, at el., Internet of things: A Survey on Architecture, Applications, Security, Enabling Technologies, Advantages & Disadvantages. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 4, Issue 12, December 2015.
-  http://www.connected-living.org/content/4-information/4-downloads/4-studien/20-mind-commerce-smart-homes-companies-and-solutions-2014/mind-commerce_smart-homes-companies-and-solutions-2014_glo_12-2014.pdf
-  http://www.gsma.com/connectedliving/wpcontent/uploads/2012/03/vision20of20smart20home20report.pdf
-  Jukka Suhonen. Experiences and Future Plans for WSN-enabled Service Development in Home Environment. Realin white paper 2013
-  Amrita Sajja, D. K. Kharde, Chandana Pandey. A Survey on efficient way to Live: Smart Home - It’s an Internet of Things. ISAR - International Journal of Electronics and Communication Ethics, Volume 1. Issue 1, 2016.
-  Gabriele Lobaccaro, Salvatore Carlucci and Erica Löfström (2016). A Review of Systems and Technologies for Smart Homes and Smart Grids. www.mdpi.com/journal/energies
-  Tiago D. P. Mendes et al., Smart Home Communication Technologies and Applications: Wireless Protocol Assessment for Home Area Network Resources. Energies 2015.
-  http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/oeprod/DocumentsandMedia/DOE_SG_Book_Single_Pages(1).pdf
-  Smart Grid enabling energy efficiency and low-carbon transition, https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/321852/Policy_Factsheet_-_Smart_Grid_Final__BCG_.pdf
-  Ramyar Rashed Mohassel et al., A survey on Advanced Metering Infrastructure. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 63 (2014) 473-484.
-  Rosario Miceli. Energy Management and Smart Grids. Energies 2013
-  David Niewolny. How the Internet of Things Is Revolutionizing Healthcare. https://cache.freescale.com/files/corporate/doc/white_paper/IOTREVHEALCARWP.pdf
-  Bill Chamberlin. Healthcare Internet of Things: 18 trends to watch in 2016. IBM Center for Applied Insights. https://ibmcai.com/2016/03/01/healthcare-internet-of-things-18-trends-to-watch-in-2016/
-  Mobyen Uddin Ahmed, Mats Björkman, Aida Čaušsević, Hossein Fotouhi, and Maria Lindén. An Overview on the Internet of Things for Health Monitoring Systems. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281062554
-  Vahid Mirzabeiki. An Overview of the Freight Intelligent Transportation Systems; Division of Logistics and Transportation, Chalmers University of Technology. http://www.bth.se/tek/intelligent_gods.nsf/bilagor/Mirzabeiki,2010,ITS%20World%20Busan_pdf/$file/Mirzabeiki,2010,ITS%20World%20Busan.pdf
-  Manoop Talasila, Reza Curtmola, and Cristian Borcea. Mobile Crowd Sensing; New Jersey Institute of Technology. https://web.njit.edu/~mt57/publications/Chapter4.pdf
-  Georgios Chatzimilioudis, et al., Crowdsourcing with Smartphones. IEEE Internet Computing 2011.
-  Marc Benioff. Industrial Internet of Things: Unleashing the Potential of Connected Products and Services, January 2015. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEFUSA_IndustrialInternet_Report2015.pdf
-  https://www.munichre.com/site/corporate/get/documents_E352744188/mr/assetpool.shared/Documents/0_Corporate%20Website/1_The%20Group/Focus/Emerging%20Risks/CROF-ERI-2015-The-Smart-Factory.pdf
-  https://atos.net/content/dam/global/documents/your-business/atos-smart-factory-ascent-thought-leadership-paper-july-2014.pdf
-  Arko Djajadi, Member. Ambient Environment quality monitoring Using IoTSensor Network. Interworking Indonesia Journal Vol. 8, No. 1 (2016).
-  D. Bhattacharjee and R. Bera. Development of smart detachable wireless sensing system for environmental monitoring. International journal on smart sensing and intelligent systems Vol.. 7, No. 3, September 2014.
-  Peng Jiang, Hongbo Xia, Zhiye He and Zheming Wang. Design of a Water Environment Monitoring System Based on Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors 9 (2009) 6411-6434; doi:10.3390/s90806411
-  Nomusa Dlodlo. Adopting the internet of things technologies in environmental management in South Africa. International Conference on Environment Science and Engieering, IPCBEE Vol. 3 2, (2012) IACSIT Press, Singapore.
-  Delphine Christin, Andreas Reinhardt, Parag S. Mogre, Ralf Steinmetz. Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Things: Selected Challenges. http://www.ti5.tu-harburg.de/events/fgsn09/proceedings/fgsn_031.pdf
-  http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/409774/14-1230-internet-of-things-review.pdf
-  http://senseable.mit.edu/papers/pdf/20150228_Kumar_etal_RiseLowcost_EnvironmentInternational.pdf
-  http://auskogroup.com/how-iot-is-changing-the-waste-industry
-  P. Susmitha, G. Sowmyabala. Design and Implementation of Weather Monitoring and Controlling System. International Journal of Computer Applications Volume 97, No. 3, July 2014.
-  http://iotworm.com/internet-of-things-technology-weather-forecasting/
-  Curioni, F. Murtas, M. Silari. Internet of Sensors. Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy. https://indico.cern.ch/event/470460/attachments/1303283/1948255/P10_TWD2016_Curioni.pdf
-  M. Dragusin, D. Stanga, D. Gurau, E. Ionescu. Radiation monitoring under emergency conditions. Rom. Journal. Phys. Vol. 59, Nos. 9-10 (2014) 891-903.
-  IAEA Safety Standards for protecting people and environment; Environmental and Source Monitoring for Purposes of Radiation Protection; Safety Guide No. RS-G-1.8, IAES internaltional atomic negry agency. http://www ns.iaea.org/standards/feedback.htm
-  http://www.undp.org/content/dam/mozambique/docs/Community%20based%20BP.pdf
-  http://www.esciencecentral.org/ebooks/smart-agriculture-an-approach-towards-better-agriculture-management/smart-agriculture-an-approach-towards-better-agriculture-management.pdf
-  Ron Davies. The Internet of Things Opportunities and challenges. May 2015. http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2015/557012/EPRS_BRI(2015)557012_EN.pdf
-  Friedemann Mattern and Christian Floerkemeier. From the Internet of Computers to the Internet of Things. https://www.vs.inf.ethz.ch/publ/papers/Internet-of-things.pdf
-  Alessio Botta, Walter de Donato, Valerio Persico, Antonio Pescap´e. On the Integration of Cloud Computing and Internet of Things. http://wpage.unina.it/walter.dedonato/pubs/iot_ficloud14.pdf
-  Yu Liu, Beibei Dong, Benzhen Guo, Jingjing Yang and Wei Peng. Combination of Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IOT) in Medical Monitoring Systems. International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology 8(12) (2015) 367-376.
-  Isna Khan, Prof S.D. Sawant. A Review on Integration of Cloud Computing and Internet of Things. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 5, Issue 4, April 2016.
-  http://www.csi-india.org/communications/SeptDec2015.pdf
-  https://5g-ppp.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Advanced-5G-Network Infrastructure-PPP-in-H2020_Final_November-2013.pdf
-  Payam Barnaghi, Wei Wang, CoryHenson and Kerry Taylor. Semantics for the Internet of Things. Early progress and back to the future. http://ai2-s2-pdfs.s3.amazonaws.com/fa11/0ddb525702ebd6b501216d7f3dbce365d529.pdf
-  Dr. N. Preethi. Performance Evaluation of IoT Result for Machine Learning. Transactions on Engineering and Sciences, Vol. 2, Issue 11, November 2014
-  Hele-Mai Haav. linked data connections with emerging information technologies: A survey. International Journal of Computer Science and Applications Vol. 11, No. 3, (2014) 21-44.
-  Rebecca Sawyer. The Impact of New Social Media on Intercultural Adaptation. University of Rhode Island, 2011. http://digitalcommons.uri.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi? article=1230&context=srhonorsprog
-  Odulaja, G.O., Security issues in internet of the things. Computing, Information Systems, Development Informatics & Allied Research Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1, March 2015.
-  P. Saichaitanya1, N. Karthik, D. Surender. Recent trends in IoT. International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 8, Issue 2, December 2016.
-  Shahid Raza. Lightweith security solutions for the internet of things. Mälardalen University Press Dissertations, 2013. http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:619066/FULLTEXT02
-  Jaydip Sen. Security and privacy issues in cloud computing. Innovation Labs, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Kolkata, India. https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1303/1303.4814.pdf
-  http://www.cloud-council.org/deliverables/CSCC-Cloud-Security-Standards-What-to-Expect-and-What-to-Negotiate.pdf
-  https://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/marcus_response_to_iot_rfc_rin_0660xc024__0.pdf
-  Paula Fraga-Lamas, et al., A Review on Internet of Things for Defense and Public Safety. Sensors (Basel) 2016 Oct., 16(10), 1644.
-  Virendra Dilip Thoke. Theory of distributed computing and parallel processing with applications, advantages and disadvantages. International Journal of Innovation in Engineering, Researchand Technology. http://www.ijiert.org/admin/papers/ 1452798652_ICITDCEME%E2%80%9915.pdf
-  https://www.rtinsights.com/what-is-fog-computing-open-consortium/
Publication order reference