Designing and Developing a Web-Enhanced Project Management Course for Engineering Graduating Students
Languages of publication
The use of web-enhanced through accelerated to teach and reinforce project management concepts based on specific learning objectives has been a positive experience for engineering students of SY 2015-2016 in the Qassim University of Buraidah City. This study describes the rapid development of a web enhanced project management course (GE 402) as a teaching with technology alternative to the traditional approach. The main theme of the study is to give a basic introduction to the design, implementation, and usage of web enhanced in teaching undergraduate project management course with adequate hands on experience in Primavera Planning and MS Project. This study aims to (i) compare the effectiveness of the web enhanced learning from a traditional learning; (ii) identify the management skills used by the engineers in the construction industries; (iii) the evaluations on learning by the engineering students of SY 2014-2015 & SY 2015-2016 (iv) the mean responses of the engineering students of SY 2014-2015 on the level of confidence of project management skills gained from traditional format learning; (v) the mean responses of the engineering students of SY 2015-2016 on the level of confidence of project management skills gained from the web enhanced format learning.
-  Al Freidi, S. S. (2014). Determinants of the best practices for successful project management. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science and Technology, 7(3), 173-186.
-  Bachar, H. (2016, February 17). The 10 most important project management skills. Clarizen. Retrieved from https://www.clarizen.com/the-10-most-important-project-management-skills/
-  Drachsler, H., Bogers, T., Vuorikari, R., Verbert, K., Duval, E., Manouselis, N., ... & Wolpers, M. (2010). Issues and considerations regarding sharable data sets for recommender systems in technology enhanced learning. Procedia Computer Science, 1(2), 2849-2858.
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2015). Towards Model Integrations of Tools and Techniques for Project Management Success. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science and Technology, 8(7), 49-62.
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2015). Development and Validation of Module Presentation of Selected Topics in Physics for Architecture Students. Journal of Proceedings of the 43nd Annual Conference of the European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI), Orléans, France
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2014). The impact of higher level thinking on students’ achievement toward project management course. Studies, 7(3).
-  Kim, M. C., & Hannafin, M. J. (2011). Scaffolding problem solving in technology-enhanced learning environments (TELEs): Bridging research and theory with practice. Computers & Education, 56(2), 403-417.
-  Koch, J., Andrew, S., Salamonson, Y., Everett, B., & Davidson, P. M. (2010). Nursing students’ perception of a web-based intervention to support learning. Nurse Education Today, 30(6), 584-590.
-  Lee, S. W. Y., & Tsai, C. C. (2011). Students’ perceptions of collaboration, self-regulated learning, and information seeking in the context of Internet-based learning and traditional learning. Computers in human behavior, 27(2), 905-914.
-  Lee, N. (2011). Instructional design for a web-enhanced course in construction engineering and management education. In ASC 47th Annual International Conference.
-  Shea, P., Li, C. S., & Pickett, A. (2006). A study of teaching presence and student sense of learning community in fully online and web-enhanced college courses. The Internet and Higher Education, 9(3), 175-190.
-  Tsai, C. W., & Shen, P. D. (2009). Applying web-enabled self-regulated learning and problem-based learning with initiation to involve low-achieving students in learning. Computers in Human Behavior, 25(6), 1189-1194.
-  Tynjälä, P. (1999). Towards expert knowledge? A comparison between a constructivist and a traditional learning environment in the university. International journal of educational research, 31(5), 357-442.
-  Ucol-Ganiron Jr, T. (2013). Web-Enhanced Project Management Course. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science and Technology, 6(1), 49-59.
-  Wang, S. L., & Wu, P. Y. (2008). The role of feedback and self-efficacy on web-based learning: The social cognitive perspective. Computers & Education, 51(4), 1589-1598
-  R. A. Stewart. Investigating the link between self directed learning readiness and project-based learning outcomes: the case of international Masters students in an engineering management course. European Journal of Engineering Education Volume 32, 2007 - Issue 4, Pages 453-465.
-  Birch, W. 1986. Towards a model for problem-based learning. Stud. High. Educ., 11: 73–82.
-  Callan, H. 2000. The international vision in practice: a decade of evolution. High. Educ. Eur., 25: 15–23.
-  Coates, J. F. 2000. Innovation in the future of engineering design. Tech. Forecasting Soc. Change, 64: 121–132.
-  Delahaye, B. L. and Smith, H. E. 1995. The validity of the learning preference assessment. Adult Educ. Quart., 45: 159–173.
Publication order reference