Transbordering Clusters: European Experience and Opportunities for Ukrainian Companies
Languages of publication
This study focuses on opportunities for Ukrainian companies in transbordering clusters. The study used empirical evidence of EU. The existing definition of clusters that appear in scientific literature are summarized. Based on theoretical sources the features of transborder cluster are allocated. The positive European experience of creating clusters is considered with concrete examples of national and international cluster policy implementation. The clusters positive effect is considered in terms of opportunities for inter-company collaboration, sharing innovation and knowledge and, consequently, achieving firm competitiveness.
-  Business Clusters: An International Perspective www.elsevier.com/locate/technovationcluster-research.org.
-  Carbonara N., Innovation processes within geographical clusters: a cognitive approach, Technovation 24 (20116) 17-28.
-  Carrie A., From integrated enterprises to regional clusters: the changing basis of competition. Computers in Industry, 42 (2000) 289-298.
-  Cluster Survey Spring 2001. Belgium, 2002 [Electronic Resource] Mode of access: www.s-m-i.net.
-  Cooke P. Clusters as key determinants of economic growth: the example of biotechnology [Electronic Resource] Mode of access: www.tbs-sct.gc.ca.
-  Creating Smart Systems. A guide to cluster strategies in less favoured Regions. European Union-Regional Innovation Strategies April 2002. Stuart A. Rosenfeld: www.rtsinc.org.
-  Czamanski S., Ablas L. A., Identification of industrial clusters and complexes: a comparison of methods and findings. Urban Stydies 16(1) (1979) 61-80.
-  Enright M.J. Regional Clusters: What we know and what we should know. Paper prepared for the Kiel Institute International Workshop on Innovation Clusters and Interregional Competition, 2002.
-  Forms of creation of industrial clusters in biotechnology / Chiaroni, D., Chiesa, V./ Technovation, In Press, Corrected Proof.
-  Gary A. (1994) Industry clustering for economic development. Economic Development Review. 1994, 12(2). 26-32.
-  Guerrierieri P., Pietrobelli C., Industrial districs’ evolution and technological regimes: Italy and Taiwan. Technovation 24 (2004) 899-914.
-  Hauknes J. Identifying Clusters: A Preliminary Input-Output Analysis for the Norwegian Economy [Electronic Resource] http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/56/47/2369025.pdf.
-  How to Promote Clusters: www.mesopartner.com.
-  Jacobs D., de Man A. Clusters, industrial policy and firm strategy: a menu approach. Technology Analysis and Strategic Management 8(4) (1996) 425-437.
-  Krugman P., 1991. Geography and Trade. Cambridge: MIT Press.
-  Markusen A., Sticky places in slippery space: A typology of industrial districts. Economic Geography 3 (1996) 293-313.
-  Maskell, R., Malmberg, A., The competitiveness of firms and regions - 'Ubiquitification' and the importance of localized learning. European Urban and Regional Studies 6(1) (1999) 9-25.
-  Nauwelaers, C., K. Maguire and G. Ajmone Marsan (2013). The case of Oresund (Denmark-Sweden) – Regions and Innovation: Collaborating Across Borders, OECD Regional Development Working Papers, 2013/21, OECD Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/5k3xv0lk8knn-en
-  Porter M. 1990. The Competitive Advantage of Nations. London: Macmillan.
-  Power D., “Cultural industries" in Sweden: An assessment of their place in the Swedish economy. Economic Geography 78(2) (2002) 103-127.
-  Regional Clusters in Europe. Observatory of European SMEs [Electronic Resource]: http://europa.eu.int/comm/enterprise.
-  Rosenfeld S., Bringing Business Clusters into Mainstream of Economic Development. European Planning Studies 5 (1997) 111-122.
-  Sokolenko S. East West Cluster Conference. 28 31 October 2002, Udine, Grado. Cluster development in Ukraine [Electronic Resource] Mode of access: www.oecd.org/daf/corporate.
-  Steinly C., Schiele H., When do industries cluster? A proposal on how to assess an industry’s propensity to concentrate at a single region or nation. Research Policy 31 (2002) 849-858.
-  Swann P., Prevezer M., A comparison of the dynamics of industrial clustering in computing and biotechnology. Research Policy 25 (1996) 1139-1157.
-  Trend Chart Policy Workshop “Innovative Hot Spots in Europe: Policies to promote trans-border clusters of creative activity”, May 5-6, 2003. Luxembourg [Electronic Resource] Mode of access: www.trendchart.org.
-  Yeung H., W-C., Liu W., Dicken P., Transnational corporations and network effects of a local manufacturing cluster in mobile telecommunication equipment in China. World Development, Vol. 8, 24(124) (2006) 320-336
Publication order reference