Production of Adhesive from Cassava Starch in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
Languages of publication
The potentials of adhesives production from cassava starch were investigated. Adhesive product from Manihot utilissima was compared with a commercially available adhesive. Improvements in properties of adhesive produced were achieved by investigating the effects of temperature and viscosity enhancer/stabilizer (borax) on the density of the produced adhesive. The results obtained provide a wide range of insight into the production potentials of using cassava starch as a raw material to the production of large scale adhesives
-  Fauguet, C. and Fargette, D. (1990). African cassava Mosaic virus: Etiology Epidemiology, and control (PDF). Plant Disease 74 (6), 404-411
-  Ball, S. G. and Matthew, K. M. (2003). From bacteria glycogen to starch: understanding the biogenesis of the plant starch granule. Annual Review of plant Biology 54 (I), 207-223.
-  Perry, G. H, Dominy, N. J., Claw, K. G. and Lee, A. (2007). Diet and the evolution of human amylase gene copy number variation. Nature Genetics 39 (10), 1256-1260.
-  Mazza, P., Martinin, F., Sala, B., Magi, M., columbini, M., Giachi, G., Landucci, F., Lemorini, C., Modugno K. and Ribechini, E. (2006). A new Palaecolithic discovery: tar – hafted stone tools in a European mid – Pleistocene bone-bearing bed. Journal of Archacological Science 33 (9), 1310.
-  Wadley, L., Hodgskiss, T. and Grant, M. (2009). Implications for compex cognition from the hafting of tools with compound adhesives in the middle stone age, South Africa. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 106 (24): 9590-9594.
-  Alistair, N., Stephen, G. O., Philips, P. and Williams A. (2006), Food Polysaccharides and their applications 2nd edition, pp. 92-99.
-  Domith, U., Chance, G. and Lee, A. (2001). Tensile strength for biological materials. Journal of food science, 39 (10), 1256-1260.
-  Foschi R. O., Journal of wood science, 1977, 9(3), p. 118-123
-  Ian S. Blagbrough, Soad A.L. Bayoumi, Michael G. Rowan, John R. Beeching, Cassava: An appraisal of its phytochemistry and its biotechnological prospects, Phytochemistry, 2010, 71, 17-18, 1940
-  Pratibha Dheeran, Sachin Kumar, Yogesh K. Jaiswal, Dilip K. Adhikari, Characterization of hyperthermostable α-amylase from Geobacillus sp. IIPTN, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2010, 86, 6, 1857
-  Kolawole O. Falade, John O. Akingbala, Utilization of Cassava for Food, Food Reviews International, 2010, 27, 1, 51
-  Akingbala John Olusola, Olunlade Babatunde Adebiyi, Khan Riyaad, Evaluation of new cassava varieties for adhesive properties, Starch - Stärke, 2015, 67, 7-8, 561
-  H. Sharma, H. Ismail, Z. A. Mohd Ishak, Mechanical, Water Absorption and Enzymatic Degradation Properties of Sago Starch Filled Linear Low Density Polyethylene, International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, 2000, 47, 2-3, 351
-  S. O. Agboola, J. O. Akingbala, G. B. Oguntimein, Physicochemical and Functional Properties of Low DS Cassava Starch Acetates and Citrates, Starch - Stärke, 1991, 43, 2, 62
-  K. Sriroth, V. Santisopasri, C. Petchalanuwat, K. Kurotjanawong, K. Piyachomkwan, C. G. Oates. Cassava starch granule structure–function properties: influence of time and conditions at harvest on four cultivars of cassava starch. Carbohydrate Polymers Volume 38, Issue 2, February 1999, Pages 161-170
-  F. N. A. Aryee, I. Oduro, W. O. Ellis, J. J. Afuakwa. The physicochemical properties of flour samples from the roots of 31 varieties of cassava. Food Control Volume 17, Issue 11, November 2006, Pages 916-922
Publication order reference