Transportation Cost Optimization of an Online Business Applying Vogel’s Approximation Method
Languages of publication
Red Tech. BD, an online based business company intended to spread their business over whole Rajshahi District. As there is no cost for manufacturing the only factor that can maximize the profit is the product transportation cost. Determination of the optimum & reliable transportation medium was the first challenge. A suitable destination for distributing the products in the selected location has been chosen carefully on the basis of demand & minimum rent of warehouse. First, the mathematical model has been formed & then it has been solved by a program written in ‘C’ programming language. The program can show the result of the optimum amount of supply with the corresponding destination together in a single output. Verification of the program or ‘code’ has been done with the help of hand calculation. The company can determine the supply unit with destination to minimize the transportation cost before every shifting of products from warehouse to the destination.
-  Hamdy A. Taha. Operation Research: An Introduction, Eighth Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0132555937.
-  Hillier, F. S. and G. J. Lieberman. Introduction to Operations Research, 6th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc (1995).
-  Samuel A. Edward and Venkatachalapathy M., Modified Vogel’s approximation method for fuzzy transportation problems, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 28, 2011, pp. 1367-1372
-  Head, Keith Ries, John Swenson, Deborah, Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States. Journal of international economics 38(3-4) (1995) 223-247.
-  Kuhn, Harold W Baumol, William J, An approximative algorithm for the fixed‐charges transportation problem. Naval Research Logistics 9(1) (1962) 1-15.
-  Harvey H. Shore, The transportation problem and the Vogel approximation method. Decision Sciences Volume 1, Issue 3-4, (1970) 441-457.
-  Mathirajan, M Meenakshi, B, William J, Experimental analysis of some variants of Vogel's approximation method. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research 21(04) (2004) 447-462.
-  Gomah, Taghrid Imam Gaber Elsharawy Mohamed Samy, Iman, Solving transportation problem using object-oriented model. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security 9(2) (2009) 353.
-  Hakim, MA, An alternative method to find initial basic feasible solution of a transportation problem. Annals of pure and applied mathematics 1(2) (2012) 203-209.
-  Das, Utpal Kanti Babu, Md Ashraful Khan, Aminur Rahman Helal, Md Abu Uddin, Md Sharif, Logical development of vogel's approximation method (LD-VAM): an approach to find basic feasible solution of transportation problem. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research 3(2) (2014) 42-48.
-  Sergey V. Ivanov, Anastasia A. Lantseva, Evaluation of modal-choice rules through ground transportation modeling using subway data. Procedia Computer Science 119 (2017) 51-58.
-  Rizk M. Rizk-Allah, Aboul Ella Hassanien, Mohamed Elhoseny, A multi-objective transportation model under neutrosophic environment. Computers & Electrical Engineering (2018) 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2018.02.024
Publication order reference