Financial analysis as a business management tool on the example of a company from the energy industry
Languages of publication
The elaboration below concerns to explain the essence of financial analysis and its significance for making decisions in the organization. The financial analysis forms part of the economic analysis that deals with the assessment of the financial and economic situation of the company. The empirical part of the study presents a financial analysis of a company belonging to the energy sector, taking into account key indicators that enable its activity to be assessed. The research period covers the years 2014-2016.
-  Paduszyńska M., The Tools Supporting Decision-making Analysis at Various Stages of Enterprises Development. Journal of Capital Market and Behavioral Finance 2017, vol. 3(7), 27-39
-  White, G. L., Sondh, A. C., & Fried, D. (2005). Analysis of Financial Statement. Analysis.
-  Fernández, P. (2007). Company valuation methods. The most common errors in valuations. IESE Business School-University of Navarra, Working Paper WP no 449, July, 2004, Rev. February, 2007
-  Schumpeter, J. A. (2006). History of economic analysis. Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 9781134838714
-  Bierman Jr, H., & Smidt, S. (2012). The capital budgeting decision: economic analysis of investment projects. Routledge. Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 9781135656164
-  White, G. L., Sondh, A. C., & Fried, D. (2005). The Analysis and Use of Financial Statements. Analysis. ISBN-13: 978-0471375944
-  Bell, T. B., Landsman, W. R., & Shackelford, D. A. (2001). Auditors' perceived business risk and audit fees: Analysis and evidence. Journal of Accounting research, 39(1), 35-43.
-  Orlitzky, M., Schmidt, F. L., & Rynes, S. L. (2003). Corporate social and financial performance: A meta-analysis. Organization studies, 24(3), 403-441.
-  Cornett, M. M., McNutt, J. J., Strahan, P. E., Tehranian, H. (2011). Liquidity risk management and credit supply in the financial crisis. Journal of Financial Economics, 101(2).
-  (Diamond, D. W., & Rajan, R. G. (2001). Liquidity risk, liquidity creation, and financial fragility: A theory of banking. Journal of political Economy, 109(2).
-  Conejo, A. J., Contreras, J., Espinola, R., Plazas, M. A. (2005). Forecasting electricity prices for a day-ahead pool-based electric energy market. International journal of forecasting, 21(3).
-  Jamasb, T., & Pollitt, M. (2005). Electricity market reform in the European Union: review of progress toward liberalization and integration. The Energy Journal 26, 11-41
-  Zeng, C. L., Zhang, B. H., Xie, P. Y., & CAO, N. (2004). Risk management based optimal allocation of generation capacity between open access energy market and reserve market [J]. Power System Technology, 13.
-  Korpaas, M., Holen, A. T., & Hildrum, R. (2003). Operation and sizing of energy storage for wind power plants in a market system. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 25(8).
-  Richard, P. J., Devinney, T. M., Yip, G. S., & Johnson, G. (2009). Measuring organizational performance: Towards methodological best practice. Journal of management, 35(3), 718-804.
Publication order reference