Adsorption and Thermodynamic Studies for Corrosion Inhibition of API 5L X-52 Steel in 2 M HCl Solution by Moxifloxacin
Languages of publication
The inhibition of API 5L X-52 steel corrosion in acidic medium by moxifloxacin at 303 K, 313 K and 323 K was monitored by potentiodynamic polarization measurement. The concentration of acid medium was maintained throughout the experiment. The inhibition efficiency was found to increased with increase in concentration of moxifloxacin and temperature. The activation energy, adsorption and thermodynamic parameters were evaluated from the study temperature. The moxifloxacin is brought about decrease in its activation energy Ea reflecting Chemisorptions, the adsorption of the moxifloxacin on the steel surface was found to obeyed Langmuir adsorption isotherm. ΔGads values indicated strong and spontaneous adsorption of the moxifloxacin on the surface of API 5L X-52 steel.
-  Abdullatef, O. A. (2015). Chemical and Electrochemical Studies on the corrosion mild steel,copper and Zinc in 0.5 M H2SO4 Solution in presence of Azithromycin as effective corrosion inhibitor. J. Adv. Chem. 11, 3642-3655.
-  Abdel-Hameed, R. S., Ismail, E. A., Abu-Nawwas, A. H. and Al-Shafey, H. I. (2015). Expire voltaren Drugs as corrosion inhibitor for Aluminum in hydrochloric acid. International journal of Electrochemical Science. 10, 2098-2109.
-  Akpan, I. A. and Offiong, N. O. (2014a). Electrochemical investigation of the inhibitory action of Ciprofloxacin Drugs on the acid corrosion of mild steel. Chemical and Process Engineering Research 26, 20-23.
-  Akpan, I. A. and Offiong, N. O. (2014b). Electrochemical study of the corrosion of mild steel in hydrochloric acid by Amlodipine Drugs. International journal of Chemistry and materials Research. 2(3), 23-29.
-  Attia, E. M. (2015). Expired Farcolin drugs as corrosion inhibitor for carbon steel in 1 M HCl solution. Journal of Basic and Applied Chemistry 5(1), 1-15.
-  Eddy, N. O., Stoyanov, S. R. and Ebenso, E. E. (2010). Fluoroquinolones as Corrosion Inhibitors for Mild Steel in Acidic Medium; Experimental and Theoretical Studies. International journal of Electrochemical Science 5, 1127-1150.
-  Fouda, A. S., El-Haddad, M. N. and Abdallah.Y. M. (2013). Septazole: Antibacterial drug as green corrosion inhibitor for copper in hydrochloric solution. International journal of innovative. Research in science, Engineering and technology 2(12), 7073-7085
-  Karthikeyan, S. Jeeva,, P. A. and Raja, K. (2015a). Experimental studies of an antibacterial agent on the corrosion of mild steel in 1 M H2SO4. Journal of chemical and pharmaceutical Research 7(1), 906-912.
-  Naqui, I., Saleemi, A. R. and Naveed, S. (2011). Cefixime: A drug as efficient corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acidic media. Electrochemical thermodynamic studies. International journal of electrochemical science, 6, 146-161.
-  Ogoko, E. and Ogunsipe, A. (2015). inhibitive Effect of Dirithromcin on the corrosion of Zinc in Tetraoxosulphate (vi) acid medium. Chemical Science Transactions 4(2), 503-515.
-  Singh, A. K. and Ebenso, E. E. (2012). Effect of Ceftezole on the corrosion of mild steel in HCl solution. International journal of Electrochemical Science 7, 2349-2360.
-  Siaka, A. A., Eddy, N. O., Idris, S. O., Magaji, L., Garba, Z. N. and Shabanda, I. S. (2013). Quantum Chemical Studies of corrosion inhibition and adsorption potentials of Amoxicillin on mild steel in HCl solution. International journal of modern Chemistry 4(1), 1-10
-  Krzysztof Rokosz, Tadeusz Hryniewicz, Stanisław Trzeszczkowski, Comparative Corrosion Study of Austenitic AISI 304L and 316Ti Stainless Steels in the Ammonium nitrate/Urea Solution (AUS). World Scientific News 49(2) (2016) 249-271
-  Krzysztof Rokosz, Tadeusz Hryniewicz, Michał Uran. A Study of Corrosion Behavior of Austenitic AISI 304L and 316Ti Stainless Steels in the Animal Slurry. World Scientific News 50 (2016) 174-185
Publication order reference