Associations between Major Indices of Physical Development and Fitness and the Level of Elite Wrestler Special Work Capacity
Languages of publication
Objective: The objective of the given work consisted in studying associations between the major indices of physical development (PD) and physical fitness, on the one hand, and the level of special work capacity of elite wrestlers of different weight categories, on the other hand. Material: 147 Ukrainian athletes engaged in Greco-Roman, free-style wrestling and judo served as the subjects. The following methods of studies were used: anthropometry, caliperometry, dynamometry, methods of testing speed-strength fitness and special work capacity of wrestlers, statistical processing and computer modelling. Results: It has been demonstrated that skill level determines ratio and associations of morphometric and speed-strength indices, level of athletes’ special work capacity. Enhancement of skill level results in augmentation of speed-strength fitness, increase of body circumferences, decrease of fat component content, gain of muscular component and muscular development index. Along with the increase of weight category the level of speed-strength fitness and special work capacity decreases. Respective mathematical models were developed. Conclusions. It is recommended to use the developed regression models for modelling, predicting and evaluating special work capacity of highly skilled wrestlers of light, middle and heavy weight categories.
- Blais L., Trilles F., Lacouture P. Validation of a specific machine to the strength training of judokas. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2007; 21: 409–412.
- Bojko V.F., Dan’ko G.V. Physical training fighters, Kiev, Olympic Literature. 2004: 225.
- Borovikov V.P., Ivchenko G.I. Forecasting in the STATISTICA for Windows, Moscow, Finance and Statistics. 2006: 275.
- Danko G.V. The influence of separate training loads on the condition of special efficiency of wrestlers. Physical Education of the Student of Creative Specialties. Kharkov. 2004; 5: 9.
- Jagello V., Tkachuk V., Blakh V. Correlation of anthropometric parameters with a level of sporting skill of the highly qualified judoists of Poland. Physical Education of the Students of Creative Profession. 2004; 2: 36.
- Jaric S. Role of body size in the relation between muscle strength and movement performance. Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews. 2003; 31 (1): 8–12.
- Jushkov O.P., Savchuk A.N. Study of the interrelationship of technical skill level of the physical qualities of young fighters. Theory and practice of physical culture. 1985; 8: 23–24.
- Karelin A.A. Sports training fighters qualifications. Novosibirsk. 2002: 479.
- Kolenkov O.V., Pryimakov O.O., Pristins’kij V.M., Osipcov A.V. Modeling the structure of the special physical fitness skilled fighters on the stage of maximum realization of individual features. Donetsk. Noulidzh. 2012: 165.
- Koshelev V.E. System-analytical approach to the problem of control of trained athletes. Theory and practice of physical culture. 1996: 10: 55–58.
- Martínez-Abellán A García-Pallarés. J., López-Gullón J., Muriel X., Morales V., Martínez-Moreno A. Factores Anaeróbicos Predictores del Éxito en Lucha Olímpica. Cuadernos de Psicología del Deporte. 2010; 11: 17–23.
- Novikov S.P. Pedagogical Tests and criteria for evaluation of performance of the current heavyweight judokas. Theory and practice of physical culture. 1987; 6: 39–40.
- Pryimakov A.A., Kolenkov A.V. Model features of dependence of a level of special efficiency with qualification and weight category of wrestlers .Physical Education of the Students of Creative Profession. 2006; 5: 51–60.
- Pryimakov A.A., Kolenkov A.V., Machaidze E.P. Morpho-functional interconnection and speed-strength performance structure of physical fitness skilled fighters. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports. Kharkov. 2006; 2: 99–103.
- Pryimakov А.А. Model characteristics of the structure of the special physical preparedness fighters qualifications. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports. Kharkov. 2013; 6: 96–102.
- Pryimakov А.А. Comparative characteristics structure physically prepared fighters high qualification light, medium and heavy weight category. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports. Kharkov. 2014; 9: 47–53.
- Schmidt W.D., Piencikowski C.L., Vandervest R.E. Effects of competitive wrestling season on body composition, strength, and power in national collegiate athletic association division III college wrestlers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2005; 19: 505–508.
- Vardar S.A., Tezel S., Ozturk L., Kaya O. The relationship between body composition and anaerobic performance of elite young wrestlers. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 2007; 6: 34–38.
- Zaccagni L. Anthropometric characteristics and body composition of Italian national wrestlers. European Journal of Sport Science. 2012; 12 (2): 145–151. DOI: 10.1080/17461391.2010.545838.
- Zen-Pin L., Ryder C.E. The study of physiological factors and performance in welterweight taekwondo athletes. Sport Journal. 2004; 7 (2): 34–40.
Publication order reference