Intermodal transport in Poland in 2016
Languages of publication
Nowadays intermodal transport is the foundation of international trade. In contrast to traditional transport, this transport seeks to combine various services and resources, thus contributing to the improvement of the entire distribution process. The basis of the interchangeable method for limiting the consequences of road transport is, as far as possible, intermodal transport. However, it should be noted that the implementation of the described system requires not only direct connection of each branch of transport, excellent knowledge of strengths and shortcomings, but also proposing more effective financial solutions and a better level of services. It is important that intermodal transport may play an important role in the exploitation of trade, as well as transit transport through Poland. In 2016, 35 active terminals were located in Poland: 28 of them are road terminals that served rail - road, while 7 other terminals were sea terminals that served sea - road and sea - rail.
-  Alicke, K., Modeling and optimization of the intermodal terminal mega hub. OR Spectrum, issue 1, 2002, p. 1-17.
-  Ballis, A. and Golias, J., Towards the improvement of a combined transport chain performance. European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 152, Issue 2, 16 January 2004, Pages 420-436
-  Bruns, F., & Knust, S., Optimized load planning of trains in intermodal transportation. OR Spectrum, 34, 2012, p. 511-530.
-  Caris, A., Macharis, C., & Janssens, G., Decision support in intermodal transport: A new research agenda. Computers in Industry, 64(2), 2013, p. 105-112.
-  Cullinane, K. and Toy, N., Identifying influential attributes in freight route/mode choice decisions: a content analysis. Transportation Research Part E, 36(1), 2000, p. 41–50.
-  Dullaert, W., Maes, B., Vernimmen, B. and Witlox, F., An evolutionary algorithm for order splitting with multiple transport alternatives, Expert Systems with Applications, 28(2), 2005, p. 201-206.
-  Janic M., Modelling the full costs of an intermodal and road freight transport network, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Volume 12, Issue 1, 2007, p. 33-40.
-  Macharis C., Janssens G., Caris A., Decision support in intermodal transport: A new research agenda, Computers in Industry, Volume 64, Issue 2, 2013, p. 105-110.
-  Vernimmen, B. and Witlox, F., The inventory‐theoretic approach to modal choice in freight transport: literature review and case study, Brussels Economic Review/Cahiers Economiques de Bruxelles, 46(2), 2003, p. 6-27.
Publication order reference