Customer Experience in the Banking Services Market
Languages of publication
Customer experience (CX) is extremely important for the banking sector. CX is the sum of all customer experiences, from entering the bank branch to contacting the helpline or online banking. It is how the consumer receives the banks and what emotions associated with contact with the bank have an impact on the overall satisfaction with using the bank's services. Customer satisfaction and the quality of services provided by banks is the basis for building competitive advantage by banks. The purpose of this review article is to present CX development and quality at banks. Tools such as NPS or Mystery Shopper will also be shown to help assess customer satisfaction in banks.
-  Alabed I. (2017). The importance of customer experience inconsumer banking, Aptean WHITEPAPER, pp. 1-6.
-  Berry L., Wall E., Carbone L., (2006), Service Clues and Customer Assessment of the Service Experience: Lessons from Marketing, Academy of Management Perspectives, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 43-57.
-  Butz H.E.J. & Goodstein L.D., (1996), Measuring Customer Value: Gaining the Strategic Advantage. Organisational Dynamics, Winter, 24, pp. 63-77.
-  Drucker P. F. (2007), The Practice of Management, Revised Edition, Elsevier, Boston.
-  Feather K. (2013), A Shifting Landscape Customer Experience Trends and Priorities in Retail Banking, PeopleMetrics, pp. 1-17.
-  Garczarczyk J. (2002), Determinants of Quality of Banking Services, Ekonomia, 5, pp. 38-48.
-  Grønholdt, L., Martensen, A., Jørgensen, S. and Jensen, P. (2015), Customer experience management and business performance, International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 90-106.
-  Joseph, M., McClure, C. and Joseph, B. (1999), Service quality in the banking sector: the impact of technology on service delivery, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 17 No. 4, pp. 182-193.
-  Kotler P., (1991), Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation, and Control, 7th Edition (Engelwood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall Inc., 1991).
-  Lakhe, R. and Mohanty, R. (1994), Total Quality Management, International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 11 No. 9, pp. 9-33.
-  Lemon K. N., Verhoef P. C., (2016), Understanding Customer Experience Throughout the Customer Journey, Journal of Marketing: AMA/MSI Special Issue, Vol. 80 pp. 69–96.
-  Llorents Montes F. J., Fuentes-Fuentes, M. Mar. Molina L. M., (2003). Quality management in banking services: An approach to employee and customer perceptions, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence - TOTAL QUAL MANAG BUS EXCELL. 14, pp. 305-323.
-  Loice, K. (2015). Effect of buyer-supplier relationships on procurement performance: evidence from kenyan supermarket, European Scientific Journal December /SPECIAL/ edition Vol.1, pp. 54-70.
-  Osayawe Ehigie, B. and McAndrew, E. (2005). Innovation, diffusion and adoption of total quality management (TQM). Management Decision, Vol. 43 No. 6, pp. 925-940.
-  Phil K., (2011). Customer Experience: Are we measuring the right things?. International Journal of Market Research 53, pp. 115-122.
-  Price, R. C. & Gaskill, G. P. (2002), Total Quality Management in Research-Philosophy and Practice, Total Quality Management-3: Proceedings of 3rd International Conference, IFS Ltd, Springer-Verlag, London, pp. 77-87.
-  Reidenbach E. R. (2010), Listening to the Voice of the Market: How to Increase Market Share, CRC Press, London.
-  Starr M., Lior Arussy L., Yurowitz R., Blackmire M. (2009), Customer Experience Management Benchmark Study Sustaining a Profitable Business in Challenging Economic Times, Strativity Group, Guildford, Strativity Group, Inc., New York.
-  Woodruff, R.B., (1997), Customer value: The next source for competitive advantage, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 25(2), pp. 139-153.
-  Wang, Y., Lo, H. and Hui, Y. (2003). The antecedents of service quality and product quality and their influences on bank reputation: evidence from the banking industry in China, Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, Vol. 13 No. 1, pp. 72-83.
-  Wilson, A. (1998), The role of mystery shopping in the measurement of service performance, Managing Service Quality, Vol. 8, No.6, pp. 414-420.
Publication order reference