Analysis of automated risk based inspection cost & accuracy on industrial tank maintenance & other critical NDT aspects: An executive approach
Languages of publication
This research ventures one of the major concerns in the field of Industrial engineering as well as Quality management on the inspection environment. Determine the accuracy and defect rate for present & future inspection respectively in bottom plate thickness evaluation of tank. Analyze the decision about future inspection 100% or not, on the basis of inspection cost during the examination and decision making activity. Basically in critical inspection condition, where two or more times of inspections are needed for minimizing the risk. This project addresses modeling an automated inspection methodology for bottom plate inspection in storage tank and other critical inspection aspect.
-  Juran (2002). Quality control handbook. McGraw-Hill Books.
-  Mahajan M., Statistical Quality Control, Edition-1998, Dhanpat Rai & Sons, India.
-  Telsang M., Industrial Engineering and Production Management. Second Edition, S. Chand & Company Ltd., 2012, ISBN-81-219-1773-5.
-  Drury C. G., Inspection Performance. Handbook of Industrial Engineering, Second Edition, G. Salvendy, Editor, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1992, pp. 2282-2314.
-  Juran, J.M., and Gryna, F.M., Quality Planning and Analysis, Third Edition, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1993.
-  Tannock J.D.T., Automating Quality Systems, Chapman & Hall, London,1992.
-  Groover M.P., Automation, Production Systems, and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing” Second Edition, Pearson Education, Inc., 2007, ISBN-81-317-0227-8.
-  Jana P., Dutta M, A. K. Kar. Design an Inspection Strategy on DFT Checking to Determine the Quality Risk through the O.C. Curve on Single Sampling Plan using the Best Expert Decision under MCDM Environment. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research 2(8) (2016) 831-837.
-  API Recommended Practice 652, Lining of Aboveground Storage Tank Bottoms (Washington, DC: American Petroleum Institute, 1991).
-  API Standard 653, Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction (Washington, DC: American Petroleum Institute, 1995).
-  Vasadi Vishwesh et al., Cost effective and efficient industrial tank cleaning process. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology 03(03) (2014) 450-454.
-  Kara A. Latorellaa, Prasad V. Prabhul. A review of human error in aviation maintenance and inspection. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 26(02) (2000) 133-161.
-  Taylor W., et al., The effects of static multiple sources of noise on the visual search component of human inspection, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 34(03) (2004) 195-207.
-  Rahim M., Ben-Daya M., A generalized economic model for joint determination of production run, inspection schedule and control chart design. International Journal of Production Research 15 (2010) 277-289.
Publication order reference