The zigzag pattern construction of Log Periodic Dipole Antenna Based on Rumsey’s Principle
Languages of publication
The log-periodic dipole array (LPDA) consist of an array of dipoles in which there have a different lengths and spacing. The wire may be straight or it may be strung back and forth between trees or walls just to get enough wire into the air; this type of antenna sometimes is called a zigzag antenna. Rumsey’s principle requires that the locations of all elements be specified by angles rather than distances, because of this the log periodic dipole array must be correspondingly longer to get very wide bandwidths and gives a very high data rate transmission. The significance of this study is to understand how do the LPDA can be used to monitor solar activities of the sun using the LPDA antenna. The characteristics that need to be considered during construct this antenna is the radiation pattern, polarization, operation of the frequency band, gain and efficiency of an antenna which indicates the power or field strength radiated in any direction relative to that in the direction of maximum radiation. The arrangement of elements in increasing order from the top of the antenna until the bottom part of antenna. Our designed antenna was constructed using aluminum for the further investigation, we can use a copper and check the difference between two of this element. For this study, we just analyzed the source of RFI using this antenna and for the further analysis, we can use this antenna to monitor the solar burst.
- School of Physics and Material Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia, email@example.com
- School of Physics and Material Sciences, Faculty of Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Academy of Contemporary Islamic Studies (ACIS), Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Institute of Astronomy, Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 27, Building HIT, Floor J, CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland
- Roslan Umar, Zamri Zainal Abidin, Zainol Abidin Ibrahim, Mohd Saiful Rizal Hassan, Zulfazli Rosli, Z.S.Hamidi, Population density effect on radio frequencies interference (RFI) in radio astronomy, ICPAP 2012, AIP Conference Proceedings, Bandung Indonesia, 2012, pp. 4.
-  Z.H. NM Anim, ZZ Abidin, C Monstein, NS Rohizat, Radio frequency interference affecting type III solar burst observations, in: R.S. et.al (Ed.), PERFIK 2012, American Institute of Physics, Malaysia, 2013, pp. 5.
-  Z. Hamidi, N. Anim, N. Shariff, Z. Abidin, Z. Ibrahim, C. Monstein, Dynamical structure of solar radio burst type III as evidence of energy of solar flares, Persidangan Fizik Kebangsaan (PERFIK) 2012, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2012, pp. 11-15.
-  N. Husien, Z. Hamidi, N. Shariff, C. Monstein, Preliminary Analysis on the Solar Burst Type III and the Effect of the Magnetic Reconnection, International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 51 (2015) 26.
-  Z. Chen, M. Foegelle, T. Harrington, Analysis of Log Periodic Dipole Array Antennas for Site Validation and Radiated Emissions Testing, Electromagnetic Compatibility IEEE International Symposium 2, 1999, pp. 618-623.
-  R. L. Carrel, The Design of Log-Periodic Dipole Antennas, IRE Int. Conv. Rec., 1961, pp. 61-75.
-  J. Carr, Some variations in log-periodic antenna structures, IRE Trans. Antennas Propag., 1961, pp. 229-230.
-  Z. S. Hamidi, C. Monstein, Z. Z. Abidin, Z. A. Ibrahim, N. N. M. Shariff, Modification and Performance of Log Periodic Dipole Antenna, International Journal of Engineering Research and Development 3 (2012) 36-39.
-  Z. S. Hamidi, Z. Ibrahim, Z. Abidin, M. Maulud, N. Radzin, N. Hamzan, N. Anim, N. Shariff, Designing and Constructing Log Periodic Dipole Antenna to Monitor Solar Radio Burst: e-Callisto Space Weather, International Journal of Applied Physics and Mathematics 2 (2012) 140-142.
-  C. Monstein, R. Ramesh, C. Kathiravan, Radio spectrum measurements at the Gauribidanur observatory, Bull. Astr. Soc. India 35 (2007) 473-480.
-  Z. Hamidi, N. Shariff, C. Monstein, Comparison of the Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) in the Region of Solar Burst Type III Data At Selected CALLISTO Network, International Letters of Chemistry,Physics & Astronomy 10 (2014) 38-45.
-  Z. S. Hamidi, N. N. M. Shariff, Determination of Flux Density of the Solar Radio Burst Event by Using Log Periodic Dipole Antenna (LPDA), International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 7 (2014) 21-29.
-  I. K. Jeong, Log-Periodic Loop Antennas, Blacksburg, Virginia: Diss. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1999.
-  Z. Hamidi, N. Shariff, Z. Ibrahim, C. Monstein, W.W. Zulkifli, M. Ibrahim, N. Arifin, N. Amran, Magnetic Reconnection of Solar Flare Detected by Solar Radio Burst Type III, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 539 (2014) 012006.
-  S.M. White, Solar Radio Bursts and Space Weather, Asian Journal of Physics 16 (2007) 189-207.
-  Z. Hamidi, N. Shariff, Z. Abidin, Z. Ibrahim, C. Monstein, E-Callisto Collaboration: Some Progress Solar Burst Studies Associated with Solar Flare Research Status in Malaysia, (2012).
Publication order reference