Some Physical Properties of Copper Oxide Thin Films Prepared by Electrolysis Method
Languages of publication
The aim of this paper is to study the properties of copper oxide thin films prepared by electrolysis method and deposited on glass substrates by drop-casting method at different annealing temperatures. Copper oxide colloidal was successfully prepared by electrolysis method. The X-ray diffraction confirms the polycrystalline structure of the films. Atomic force microscopy shows that the increase in the annealing temperature improves the surface morphology, increases the grain size and removes the cracks. The best optical transmittance was for the film annealed at 200 ºC. The bandgap decreases from 3.35 eV to 3.15 eV as a result of increasing the annealing temperature. The wide bandgap that obtained in this study is due to quantum size effect.
-  W. Yuming and W. Alfred, An introduction to physics and technology of thin films. World Scientific, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1142/2227
-  K. Seshan, Handbook of Thin-Film Deposition Processes and Techniques - Principles, Methods, Equipment and Applications. Noyes Publications / William Andrew Publishing, 2002.
-  B. K. H. Al-Maiyaly, I. H. Khudayer, and A. J. Ibraheim. Effect ambient oxidation on structural and optical properties of copper oxide thin films. Int. J. Innov. Res. Sci. Eng. Technol vol. 3, pp. 8695–8700, 2014.
-  P. Leret, M. A. De La Rubia, J. J. Romero, J. De Frutos, and J. F. Fernández. Phenomenological model of grain boundary behaviour under a bias field in Nb-doped CaCu3Ti4O12 ceramics. J. Alloys Compd. vol. 509, no. 41, pp. 9719–9723, 2011.
-  S. Fonash, Solar Cell Device Physics. eBook ISBN: 9780080912271, Elsevier, 2012.
-  S. M. Sze, Semiconductor Devices: Physics and technology. John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
-  K. M. Shen and J. C. S. Davis. Cuprate high-Tc superconductors. Mater. Today vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 14–21, 2008.
-  L. A. Patil and D. R. Patil, ‘Heterocontact type CuO-modified SnO2 sensor for the detection of a ppm level H2S gas at room temperature. Sensors Actuators B Chem. vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 316–323, 2006.
-  V. Figueiredo et al. Electrical, structural and optical characterization of copper oxide thin films as a function of post annealing temperature. Phys. Status Solidi Appl. Mater. Sci. vol. 206, no. 9, pp. 2143–2148, 2009.
-  V. Saravanan, P. Shankar, G. K. Mani, and J. B. B. Rayappan. Growth and characterization of spray pyrolysis deposited copper oxide thin films: Influence of substrate and annealing temperatures. J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis vol. 111, pp. 272–277, 2015.
Publication order reference