Teaching English to Adults
Languages of publication
This thesis deals with a complicated matter of teaching English language to adults. Teaching is highly challenging, intellectually demanding and emotionally rewarding. A teacher has in his hands welfare of his students and it is his responsibility to instill knowledge into them. Adult learners have characteristics that distinguish them from “traditional” school or college learners. They are considered to be very demanding students because they already have experiences on the education al and working field so the organized learning plan seems to be essential for them. Teachers choose suitable methods of teaching with deliberation taking into account adults' styles of learning because the right choice makes the teaching and learning process more effective.
-  Agrawal Pragyesh, Davis George, Gupta Mahendra, Valan Arasu J. G., (2008). Quality Education: Prospects and Challenges, APH Publishing Corporation.
-  Braham Carol G., (2008). Random House Webster's Dictionary, Ballantine Books.
-  Brown Douglas, (2000). Principles of Language Learning and Teaching, Longman.
-  Chamot A. U., O'Malley J. M., (1990). Learning Strategies in Second Language Acqusition, Cambridge University Press.
-  Chapelle C., Roberts C., (1986). Ambiguity Tolerance and Field Independence as Predictors of Proficiency in English as a Second Language, Language Learning, 36(1): 27-45.
-  Corder Nicolas, (2002). Learning to Teach Adults: An Introduction, Routledge Falmer.
-  Gage N. L., (1963). Handbook of Researchon Teaching, Chicago: Rand McNally &amp; Co.
-  Grabowski L. H., Jonassen D. H., (1993). Handbook of Individual Differences, Learning and Instruction, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers.
-  Harmer Jeremy, (1998). How to Teach English, Longman.
-  Komorowska Hanna, (2000). Metodyka nauczania języków obcych. Fraszka Edukacyjna. Warszawa.
-  Mangal Uma, (2009). Essentials Of Educational Technology, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
-  Morrison H. C., (1934). Basic principles of education, Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
-  Oxford L. R., (1990). Language Learning Strategies, What every teachers hould know, Heinle &amp; Heinle Publishers.
-  Purpura J. E., (1997). An Analysis of the Relationships Between Test Takers ‟ Cognitive and Metacognitive Strategy Use and Second Language Test Performance, Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan.
-  Richards Jack C., Rodgers Theodore S., (2001). Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching, Cambridge University Press.
-  Smith B. O., (1961). A concept of teaching, Chicago: Rand McNally.
-  Summers Della, (2003). Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Longman.
-  Walter Elizabeth, (2005). Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, Cambridge University Press.
Publication order reference