2-Repeated Solid Burst Error Detecting Cyclic Codes
Languages of publication
In modern era, coding theory has found various applications in almost every field whether it is theoretical or practical. Such as: digital data transmission, medical science, space science, geographical sciences etc. It is natural that bursts have different behavior in different channels. But the burst errors are found to occur mostly in various communication channels. In some of the systems, lightening and other short term irregular disturbances introduce various types of repeated burst errors. Usually they operate in such a way that over a specific length, some digits in a message are received correctly, while all other are corrupted. It is very common in some extra noisy channels that all the digits in a burst are corrupted. Such type of errors is called ‘solid burst errors’. It may also be mentioned that cyclic codes play a significant role in error detection and correction. In this paper, we obtain results for cyclic codes that are capable of detecting 2-repeated solid bursts of length b.
-  A. G. Schillinger, A class of solid burst error correcting codes, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn, N.Y., Research Report PIBMRI, 1223-1264, April 1964.
-  K. Y. Kenneth Jang, Double-burst-error correction with cyclic codes, Master of Engineering Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, 1972.
-  W. W. Peterson and E. J. Weldon, Jr., Error-Correcting Codes, 2nd Ed. The MIT Press, 1972.
-  S. Jain, Moderate-density open-loop burst error detection for cyclic codes, Tamsui Oxford Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 18(1), 17-29, 2002.
-  L. Berardi, B. K. Dass and R. Verma, On 2-repeated burst error detecting codes. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 3, 381-391, 2009.
-  P. K. Das. Codes detecting and correcting solid burst errors, Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, 1(3), 225-232, 2012.
-  B. Rohtagi and B. D. Sharma, Bounds on Codes Detecting and Correcting 2-Repeated Solid Burst Errors, Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences, 2018.
Publication order reference