Homotopy Perturbation Method of Hydromagnetic Flow and Heat Transfer of a Casson Fluid over an Exponentially Shrinking Sheet
Languages of publication
Nonlinear hydromagnetic flow and heat transfer of a Casson fluid over an exponentially shrinking sheet has been investigated. The fluid is assumed to be viscous, incompressible and electrically conducting. The similarity transformations are applied to reduce the non-linear partial differential equations into the non-linear ordinary differential equations. Homotopy Perturbation Method is used to solve the resulting non-linear differential equations under appropriate boundary conditions. The impact of Casson fluid parameter, magnetic interaction parameter, suction parameter and Prandtl number on both velocity and temperature profiles are shown graphically. Thermal boundary layer thickness decreases with increasing Prandtl number. Effect of Casson fluid parameter is to reduce both the velocity and temperature. Quantities of physical interest such as skin-friction coefficient, non-dimensional rate of heat transfer are solved numerically. A comparison reveals a remarkable agreement between the Homotopy Perturbation Method and Runge-Kutta fourth order method.
-  He, J.H. Homotopy Perturbation Technique. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 178 (1999) 257-262.
-  Crane, L.J. Flow past a stretching plate, ZAMP, 21 (1970) 645-655.
-  Carragher, P. and Crane, L.J. Heat transfer on continuous stretching sheet. Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 62 (1982) 564.
-  Salem, A.M. and Fathy, R. Effects of variable properties on MHD heat and mass transfer flow near a stagnation point towards a stretching sheet in a porous medium with thermal radiation. Chin. Phys. Lett. B 21 (2012) 054701.
-  Bhattacharyya, K., Mukhopadhyay, S. and Layek, G.C. Slip effects on an unsteady boundary later stagnation-point flow and heat transfer over a stretching sheet. Chin. Phys. Lett. 28 (2011) 094702.
-  Wang, C.Y. Liquid film on an unsteady stretching surface. Quart. Appl. Math. 48 (1990) 601-610.
-  Miklavcic, M. and Wang, C.Y. Viscous flow due to a shrinking sheet. Quart. Appl. Math. 64 (2006) 283-290.
-  Fang, T. and Zhang, J. Closed-form exact solutions of MHD viscous flow over a shrinking sheet. Commun, Non-linear Sci. Numer. Simul., 14 (2009) 2853-2857.
-  Fang, T., Zhang, J. and Yao, S. Slip Magnetohydrodynamic viscous flow over a Permeable Shrinking sheet. Chin. Phys. Lett. 27 (2010) 124702.
-  Hayat, T. Abbas, Z. Jaued, T. and Sajid, M. Three-dimensional rotating flow induced by a shrinking sheet for suction. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 39 (2009) 1615-1626.
-  Jhankal, A.K. and Manoj Kumar. MHD Boundary layer flow past over a shrinking sheet with Heat transfer and Mass suction. International Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 2 (2017) 441-448.
-  Pramanik, S. Casson fluid flow and heat transfer past an exponentially porous stretching surface in presence of thermal radiation. Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 5 (2014) 205-212.
-  He, J.H. Some asymptotic methods for strongly non-linear equations. International Journal of Modern Physics 20 (2006) 1141-1199.
-  He, J.H. Homotopy Perturbation Method for solving boundary value problems. Physics Letters A, 350 (2006) 87-88.
-  He, J.H. Application of homotopy perturbation method to non-linear wave equations. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 26 (2005) 695-700.
-  He, J.H. A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for nonlinear problems. International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics, 35 (2000) 37-43.
-  He, J.H. Homotopy perturbation technique for bifurcation of non-linear problems. International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, 6 (2005) 207-208.
-  Sadighi, A. and Ganji, D.D. Application of He's homotopy-perturbation method to non-linear coupled systems of reaction-diffusion equations. International Journal of Non-linear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, 7(4) (2006) 411-418.
-  Nourazar, S.S., Habibi Matin, M. and Simiari, M. The HPM Applied to MHD Nanofluid Flow over a Horizontal Stretching Plate. Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2011. Volume 2011, Article ID 876437. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2011/876437
-  Thiagarajan, M. and Senthilkumar, K. DTM-Pade Approximants of MHD Boundary-Layer Flow of a Casson Fluid over a Shrinking Sheet. United States of America Research Journal, 1(1) (2013) 1-7.
-  Mustafa, M., Hayat, T., Pop, I. and Hendi, A. Stagnation-point flow and heat transfer of a Casson fluid towards a stretching sheet. Z. Naturforsch. 67a (2012) 70-76
Publication order reference