Determinants of the engagement of customers in social media
Languages of publication
The article moves the problem of building customer engagement in social media. Attention is drawn to the fact that in the activities of companies in social media, it's not about building the largest community around them, but above all about making it involved. The aim of the research was to present determinants influencing fans' engagement on the example of analysis of Facebook profiles of the best interactive agencies & PR in Poland. As the main hypothesis, it was assumed that the size of Facebook profile determined by the number of fans does not affect the fans' engagement.
-  Ashley, C., & Tuten, T. (2015). Creative strategies in social media marketing: An exploratory study of branded social content and consumer engagement. Psychology & Marketing, 32(1), 15-27.
-  Berthon, P. R., Pitt, L. F., Plangger, K., & Shapiro, D. (2012). Marketing meets Web 2.0, social media, and creative consumers: Implications for international marketing strategy. Business horizons, 55(3), 261-271.
-  Castronovo, C., & Huang, L. (2012). Social media in an alternative marketing communication model. Journal of marketing development and competitiveness, 6(1), 117-134.
-  De Vries, L., Gensler, S., & Leeflang, P. S. (2012). Popularity of brand posts on brand fan pages: An investigation of the effects of social media marketing. Journal of interactive marketing, 26(2), 83-91.
-  Dutot, V. (2013). A new strategy for customer engagement: how do French firms use social CRM? International Business Research, 6(9), 54
-  Frick, T. (2013). Return on engagement: Content, strategy and design techniques for digital marketing. Focal Press. ISBN-13: 978-0240812830
-  Heller Baird, C., & Parasnis, G. (2011). From social media to social customer relationship management. Strategy & leadership, 39(5), 30-37
-  Kietzmann, J. H., Hermkens, K., McCarthy, I. P., & Silvestre, B. S. (2011). Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media. Business horizons, 54(3), 241-251
-  Kozinets, R. V. (2014). Social brand engagement: A new idea. GfK Marketing Intelligence Review, 6(2), 8-15
-  Macnamara, J., & Zerfass, A. (2012). Social media communication in organizations: The challenges of balancing openness, strategy, and management. International Journal of Strategic Communication, 6(4), 287-308.
-  Malthouse, E. C., Haenlein, M., Skiera, B., Wege, E., & Zhang, M. (2013). Managing customer relationships in the social media era: Introducing the social CRM house. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 27(4), 270-280.
-  Mangold, W. G., & Faulds, D. J. (2009). Social media: The new hybrid element of the promotion mix. Business horizons, 52(4), 357-365
-  Pronschinske, M., Groza, M. D., & Walker, M. (2012). Attracting Facebook'fans': the importance of authenticity and engagement as a social networking strategy for professional sport teams. Sport marketing quarterly, 21(4), 221-232
-  Sashi, C. M. (2012). Customer engagement, buyer-seller relationships, and social media. Management decision, 50(2), 253-272
-  Schivinski, B., & Dabrowski, D. (2016). The effect of social media communication on consumer perceptions of brands. Journal of Marketing Communications, 22(2), 189-214
-  Stelzner M.A. How Marketers Are Using Social Media to Grow Their Businesses, 2018 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, Social Media Examiner, May 2018
-  Wang, X., Yu, C., & Wei, Y. (2012). Social media peer communication and impacts on purchase intentions: A consumer socialization framework. Journal of interactive marketing, 26(4), 198-208
-  Winer, R. S. (2009). New communications approaches in marketing: Issues and research directions. Journal of interactive marketing, 23(2), 108-117
-  VanAuken, K. (2015). Using social media to improve customer engagement and promote products and services. Journal of Airport Management, 9(2), 109-117
Publication order reference