Chemical composition of Dacyrodes edulis seed oil
Languages of publication
Dacyrodes edulis seed were collected peeled, dried and powdered. The oil were extracted by simple method of cold extraction, the extracts were characterized by the Phytochemical analysis, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and Gas Chromatography (GC) to identify the fatty acid profile present in the seed oil. The FTIR analysis shows the variation of the peaks which indicate there is synergy among the functional groups of the extract. The phytochemical analysis revealed the presence of alkaloids, flavonoids, phenol, saponins, tannins and steroids, the study reveal the chemical constituents of Dacyrodes edulis seed oil that these constituents may be behind their medicinal values in phytomedicine.
-  Ajibesin K. K. (2011). Dacyrodes edulis (G. Don) H. J. Lam: A review on its medicinal phytochemical and economical properties. Research Journal of Medicinal Plants 5(1), 32-41.
-  Akinpelu D. A. & Onakoya Z. T. M. (2006). Antimicrobial Activities of medicinal plants used in folk lore Remedies in south western Nigeria. African Journal of Biotechnology, 7(5), 1078-1081
-  Anadebe V. C., Okafor N. A., Ezeugo J. O., Amanjide I. J. & Ogide B. C. (2017). GC-MS Analysis and phytochemical compounds present in Cajanus cajan leaf extract. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research volume 9(5), 360 -363.
-  Ayuk E. T., Duguma B., Franzel S., Kengue J., Mollet M., Tiki-Manga T. & Zekeng P. (1999). Uses, Management and economic potential of Dacyrodes edulis in the humid low lands of Cameroun. Economy Bontany 53(3), 292-301.
-  Onwuka, G. I. (2005). Food analysis and instrumentation (Theory and Practice). 1st edition. Naphtali prints, Surulere, Lagos, pp. 50-58.
-  Cherian S., & Augustine K. T. (1995). Insulin sparing action of leucopelargonidin derivative isolated from Ficus bengalesis (LINN). Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 33(9), 608-611.
-  Sodipo O. A. and Akiniyi J. A. (2000). Studies on certain characteristics of extracts from bark of Pansinystaliamacruceras (K. schum). Pierre Exbeille. Global J. Pure and Applied Science 6, 83-87.
-  Ikhuoria E. U. & Maliki M. (2007). Characterization of avocado pear (Persea americana) and African pear extracts. African Journal of Biotechnology, 6(7), 950-952.
Publication order reference