Peace Education for Unity and Development
Languages of publication
The construction of peace and the promotion of development is the responsibility of individuals, groups and international society. Responsibilities, duties and rights exist at every level and form the basis of peace and development education programmes. The thrust of this paper is on peace education for unity and development. The paper examines the concept of peace education as conflicts resolution training for unity and development and peace education in schools. Conclusion and some recommendations were made in order to appreciate the need of peace education for every individual.
-  Article (26) (2004). Universal Declaration of Human right.
-  Brabeck K. (2001). Justification for and implementation of peace education. Peace and conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology, 7, 85-87.
-  Clerks, Habibi (2005). Transforming woridview: the case of education peace in Bosina. Journal of transformative education, 3(1), 33-56.
-  Danesh H.B. (2008). Creating a culture of healing in schools and communities: An integrative approach to prevention and amelioration of violence induced conditions. Journal of community psychology.
-  Danesh KB. (2006). Toward an integrative theory of peace education. Journal of peace education, Vol. 3(1) pp 55-78.
-  Galtung Johan (1998). Tras Ia violencial: reconstruction, reconciliation, resolution, Afrontando los efectos visibles e invisibles de Ia Guerra yla violencia. Bilbao, Bakeza Gogoratuz Robin Burns and Robert Aspeslagh (eds). Three decades of peace education around the world. An anthology. New York: Garland.
-  Harris and Synott (2002). Peace Education for a New Century. Social Alternatives 21 (1): 3-6.
-  Nwafor, 0.M. (2007). Educational Innovation, production, product and process. Enugu: University Press.
-  Oyebamiji, M.A. (2001). Peace education as process of preparing youth for nation building. Mybek Publishers. Owerri.
-  Staub, Ervin (1989). The Roots of Evil: The origin of genocide and other group violence. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
-  Van Slyck, M.R. Stern, M. and Elbedour S. (1999). Adolescents’ belief about their conflicts behaviour. In a Raviv, L. Oppenhiener, nd U). B (eds), How children understand war and peace pp. 208-250. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
-  Websters (2004). Comprehensive Dictionary of English Language. Encyclopedic. Edition.
Publication order reference