An Environmental Benign Approach for the Assessment of Water Quality during Kumbh at Allahabad
Languages of publication
Water is one of the most plenty natural resources of the earth. It is important to all living resource which is getting polluted because of anthropogenic activities. The present study was carried out with an aim to impact of mass bathing during Kumbh in 2013 at Allahabad. Water sample was collected from three major location of Allahabad Namely Daraganj, Salori and Sangam for the physiochemical and biological analysis such as pH, temperature, biological oxygen demand, dissolve oxygen etc. It was concluded from the result that water quality of river Ganga shows significant changes during mass bathing. The present study indicates that the water was not fit for bathing as well drinking purposes.
-  Ruby Pandey, Divya Raghuvanshi and D.N. Shukla, AASR, 2014, 5(4): 181-186
-  Shweta Singh, Satyendra Nath, UJERT, 2015, 5(5), 251-258
-  Naveen Kumar Arora, Sakshi Tewari and Sachin Singh, JEB, 2013, 800-803
-  S. Mishra, B D Joshi, Him. J. Env. Zool. 2003, 17(2), 113-122.
-  N. B. Parashar, P. Kaushik, S Pandey, Him. J. Env. Zool. 2003, 17(2), 167-171.
Publication order reference