Anti allergy activity of Achyranthes aspera
Languages of publication
The present study was aimed to evaluate the activity of Achyranthes aspera against allergy caused by heavy metal potassium dichromate in albino mice. The potassium dichloromate as induced at a concentration of 20 mg/kg. body weight dissolved in distilled water for 10 days continuously. On 11th day, blood was drawn from mice for serum analysis of IgM and IgG to confirm allergy induction in mice. After allergy induction the mice received petroleum ether, chloroform and methanolic extracts of Achyranthes aspera given 3 doses at concentration of – 200 (low), 400 (medium) and 600 (high) mg/kg to mice by oral route for 7 days after allergy induction. On the 8th day, blood was drawn from mice for serum analysis of IgM and IgG in determine the effect of extracts on serum Titre of mice blood.
-  Srivastav S, Singh P, Mishra G, Jha KK, Khosa RL (2011). Achyranthesaspera-An important medicinal plant: A review. J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour, 1(1): 1-14.
-  Vijayan A. Liju V B, John J V, Reena, Prathipan B, Renuka C (2007). Traditional remedies of Kani tribes of Kottoor reserve forest, Agasthyavanam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge Vol. 6(4), October 2007, pp. 595-598
-  Vetrichelvan T., Jagadeesan M. 2002. Effect of alcoholic extract of Achyranthes bidentata on acute and subacute inflammation. Indian J Pharmacol. 34, 115-118.
-  Ratra PS and Misra KC (1970). Seasonal variation in chemical composition of A. asperaand A. bidentata. Indian Forester, 96: 372-375.
-  Michael B, Yano B, Sellers RS, Perry R, Morton D, Roome N, Johnson JK, Schafer K, Pitsch S. (2007). Evaluation of organ weights for rodent and non-rodent toxicity studies: a review of regulatory guidelines and a survey of current practices. Toxicol Pathol. 35(5): 742-50.
-  Foon KA, Schroff RW, Gale RP. Surface markers on leukemia and lymphoma cells: recent advances. Blood. 1982; 60: 1–19.
-  Wintrobe MM. Clinical hematology. 8th ed. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1981.
-  Jeffrey W. Priest, Anna Li, Mohamad Khan, Michael J. Arrowood, Patrick J. Lammie, Corinne S. Ong, Jacquelin M. Roberts and Judith Isaac-Renton (2001). Enzyme Immunoassay Detection of Antigen-Specific Immunoglobulin G Antibodies in Longitudinal Serum Samples from Patients with Cryptosporidiosis. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 8(2): 415–423.
-  Abdul Ghaffar, K Srinath Reddy, and Monica Singhi (2004). Burden of non-communicable diseases in South Asia. BMJ 328(7443): 807–810.
-  Edwin S, Jarald E, Edwin DL, Jain A, Kinger H, Dutt KR, Raj AA (2008). Pharmaceutical Biology, 46(12), 824-828
-  Abraham Fikru, Eyasu Makonnen, Tadesse Eguale, Asfaw Debella, Getinet Abie Mekonnen. Evaluation of in vivo wound healing activity of methanol extract of Achyranthes aspera L. Journal of Ethnopharmacology Volume 143, Issue 2, 28 September 2012, Pages 469-474
-  Dinesh Yugraj Gawande, Rajesh, Kumar Goel. Pharmacological validation of in-silico guided novel nootropic potential of Achyranthes aspera L. Journal of Ethnopharmacology Volume 175, 4 December 2015, Pages 324-334
-  Wen Zheng, Xianghong Lu, Zhirong Fu, Lin Zhang, Ximin Li, Xiaobao Xu, Yina Ren, Yongzhuang Lu, Hongwei Fu, Jingkui Tian. Identification of candidate synovial membrane biomarkers after Achyranthes aspera treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Proteins and Proteomics Volume 1864, Issue 3, March 2016, Pages 308-316
-  Bagavan, A. A. Rahuman, C. Kamaraj, Kannappan Geetha. Larvicidal activity of saponin from Achyranthes aspera against Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae). Parasitology Research June 2008, Volume 103, Issue 1, pp 223–229
-  Banerji A, Chadha MS (1970) Insect moulting hormone from Achyranthes aspera Linn. Phytochemistry 9: 1671
-  Chakraborty A, Brantner A, Mukainaka T, Nobukuni Y, Kuchide M, Konoshima T, Tokuda H, Nishino H (2002). Cancer chemopreventive activity of Achyranthes aspera leaves on Epstein–Barr virus activation and two-stage mouse skin carcinogenesis. Cancer Lett 177: 1–5
-  Girach RD, Khan ASA (1992). Ethnomedicinal uses of Achyranthes aspera leaves in Orissa (India). Int J Pharmacogn 30: 113–115
-  Gupta SS, Bhagwat AW, Ram AK (1972). Cardiac stimulant activity of the saponin of Achyranthes aspera (Linn). Indian J Med Res 60(3): 462–471
-  Jayasinghe UL, Jayasooriya CP, Bandara BM, Ekanayake SP, Merlini L, Assante G (2002). Antimicrobial activity of some Sri Lankan Rubiaceae and Meliaceae. Fitoterapia 73(5): 424–427
-  Valsaraj R, Pushpangadan P, Smitt UW, Andersen A, Nyman U (1997). Antimicrobial screening of selected medicinal plants from India. J Ethnopharmacol 58: 75–83
Publication order reference