Brand Value in the Process of Internationalisation
Languages of publication
Since brand, as an intangible asset can create customers’ loyalty and build emotional bonds, the author intends to understand factors influencing brands which values are recognizable internationally. Relations, which tie consumers values, create marketing chains which can lead to competitive advantage. Aim of this article is to find answer to the question if it is possible to create exceptional value through the brand. If yes, would this value be recognizable internationally as equal and what would constitute the variance in different countries?
-  Arvidsson, Brand Value, Palgrave Macmillan Ltd. 1479-1803/06, Brand Management, Vol. 13, No. 3 (2006) 188-192
-  Goldfarb, G. Lu, and S. Moorthy, Measuring Brand Value in an Equilibrium Framework. Marketing Science, 28 (2009) 69-86 http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1080.0376
-  Sternquist, (1998) International Retailing, Fairchild, New York.
-  J. Torelli, A. Özsomer, S. W. Carvalho, H. T. Keh and N. Maehle, Brand Concepts as Representations of Human Values: Do Cultural Congruity and Compatibility Between Values Matter? Journal of Marketing, Vol. 76 (2012) 92-108
-  D.A. Aaker 1991, Managing Brand Equity, Free Press, New York.
-  K. Liu, Talk about the Corporate Brand Evaluation Methods from the Elements of Brand Value. Economic Forum, 1 (1997) 17-19
-  J. R. Faulconbridge, J. R. and D. Muzio (2007). Reinserting the professional into the study of professional service firms: the case of law, Global Networks, 7 (3) 249-70
-  G.W. Park, B.J. Jaworski, D.J. Maclnnis, Strategic Brand Goncept-Image Management, Journal of Marketing, 50 (October, 1986), 135-45.
-  G. Hofstede (1980). Culture’s Consequences: International Differences in Work-Related Values. Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications.
-  J. Albino, A. Carrieri, A. L. Almeida, B. Almeida, F. Guimarães and L. Sepúlveda, Becoming an International Star: Studying the H. Stern Brand Internationalization Process, Conference Papers - International Communication Association. (2010) Annual Meeting, p. 1
-  J. Anselmsson, U. Johansson and N. Persson, The battle of brands in the Swedish market for consumer packaged food: A cross-category examination of brand preference and liking. Brand Management Vol. 16, NOS. 1-2 (2008) 63-79
-  J. N. Kapferer, (2004). The New Strategic Brand Management: Creating and Sustaining Brand Equity Long Term, Kogan Page, London.
-  J. P. Du Preez, A. Diamantopoulos, and B. B. Schlegelmilch, Product standardisation and attribute saliency: A three-country empirical comparison. Journal of International Marketing, 2(1) (1994) 7-28.
-  J.H. Dunning (1958) American Investment in British Manufacturing Industry, Allen & Unwin, London
-  J.L. Aaker, Dimensions of Brand Personality. Journal of Marketing Research, 34 (July, 1997) 347-56
-  J-B. Steenkamp, How global brands create firm value: the 4V model, Emerald Group Publishing Limited. International Marketing Review, Vol. 31, Issue 1 (2014) 5-29
-  K. Hyllegard, M. Eckman, A. M. Descals, M. A. Gomez Borja, Spanish consumers' perceptions of US apparel speciality retailers' products and services. Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol. 4, 5, 345-362 (2005)
-  K. Moore, S. Reid, The birth of brand: 4000 years of branding. Business History, Vol. 50, issue 4 (2008) 419-43
-  K. Robertson, Strategically desirable brand name characteristics. Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol. 1, No. 3 (1992) 62-72
-  L. A. Y. Shavitt. C. J. Torelli, Cross-Cultural Issues in Consumer Behavior. Social Psychology of Consumer Behavior, Michaela Wanke, ed. New York: Psychology Press (2008) 227-250
-  L. de Chematony and S. Segal-Horn, Building on Services' Characteristics to Develop Successful Services Brands. Journal of Marketing Management, 17 (2001) 645-669
-  L. M. V. Fernández, F. J. V. Pinuer, Influence of customer value orientation, brand value, and business ethics level on organizational performance, Review of Business Management, Vol. 18, No. 59, (2016) 5-23
-  L. Wood, Brands and brand equity: definition and management. Management Decision, vol. 38, (2000) 662-669.
-  M. De Mooij (2010) Global Marketing and Advertising: Understanding Cultural Paradoxes. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
-  M. De Mooij, Global Marketing and Advertising: Understanding Cultural Paradoxes, Thousand Oaks (2010) CA: Sage Publications.
-  M. Johnston, Brand, image and reality: A guide for small and medium-sized businesses. The Marketing Review, Vol. 16, No. 2 (2016) 149-182
-  M. Lewis, Understanding Brands. In P.R. Smith (Ed.), Marketing Communications: An Integrated Approach, second edition (1991), London: Kogan Page.
-  M. W. Allen, Human Values and Product Symbolism: Do Consumers Form Product Preference by Comparing the Human Values Symbolized by a Product to the Human Values That They Endorse? Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 32 (12) (2002) 2475-2501.
-  P. Kotler, D. Gertner, Theoretical papers Country as brand, product, and beyond: A place marketing and brand management perspective, Brand Management Vol. 9, NO. 4-5 (2002) 249-261
-  P.J. Buckley, M.C. Casson (1976), The Future of the Multinational Enterprise, Macmillan, New York
-  R. T. Rust, V. A. Zeithaml & K. N. Lemon, Customer-Centered Brand Management. Harvard Business Review, 82(9) (2004) 110-118
-  R.E. Caves (1982), Multinational Enterprise and Economic Analysis, MA: Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
-  S. Anholt, Brand New Justice. How branding places and products can help the developing world. (2005) Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
-  S. Burt, K. Davies, A. McAuley and L. Sparks, Retail internationalisation: From formats to implants. European Management Journal Vol. 23 , No. 2 (2005) 195-202
-  S. M. Peris, K. Newman, E. Bigne, and B. Chansarkar, Aspects of Anglo-Spanish perceptions and product preferences arising from 'country of origin' Image, International Journal of Advertising, 12(2) (1993) 131-142
-  S. Nandan, An exploration of the brand identity–brand image linkage: A communications perspective, Journal of Brand Management, Volume 12, Issue 4 (2005) 264-278
-  S. Shavitt, , A.K. Lalwani, J. Zhang, C.J. Torelli, The Horizontal/Vertical Distinction in Cross Cultural Consumer Research. Journal of Consumer Psychology 16 (4) (2006) 325-356
-  S. Shavitt, A.Y. Lee, C.J. Torelli, Cross-Cultural Issues in Consumer Behavior. Social Psychology of Consumer Behavior, Michaela Wanke, ed. New York: Psychology Press (2008) 227-250.
-  S. T. Cavusgil, Differences Among Exporting Firms Based on Their Degree of Internationalization, Journal of Business Research 12, 2 (1984) 195-208
-  Schultz, D.E. and Schultz, H.F. (2003) Brand Babble: Sense and Nonsense about Branding. South-Western Educational Pub, Cincinnati Ohio
-  T. C. Melewar and C. M. Walker, Global corporate brand building: Guidelines and case studies. Journal of Brand Management. Vol. 11 Issue 2 (2003) 157-170
-  V. A. Zeithaml, Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: A means-end model and synthesis of evidence. The Journal of Marketing, 52(3) (1988) 2-22
-  W. J. Keegan, (2002). Global Marketing Management, Prentice Hall, NJ
-  X. Lin, C. Farrell, “Home-base” and the Brand Globalization Strategies of Emerging Market Multinationals, in: Brand Management in Emerging Markets: Theories and Practices. Red. C.L. Wang, J. He. IGI Global, Ch. 2 (2014) 36-50
Publication order reference