The Myth of American Dream
Languages of publication
The American Dream is a deep-seated element of collective American consciousness. Yet, contrary to any culturalist approaches, there is a need to go beyond the subjective to consider the relationship of the former to the objective social relations. And from this point of view it turns out that the U.S. society fares very poorly on the scale of social mobility and equality. In other words, the said doctrine is but a myth bearing no correspondence to reality.
-  Altucher, James. 2013. Choose Yourself. Book.
-  Awitia, Alex. 2014. THE MYTH, REALITY OF KENYA MIDDLE CLASS. The Star Kenya, Tuesday, March 4.
-  Anderson, Lane The Difference Between The Middle Class In the U.S. and Abroad. Deseret News National Edition. Tuesday, June 19.
-  Beeby Dean. 2014a. Average middle-class family income in Conservative budget called ‘make believe’. The Globe and Mail . Thursday, Feb. 20.
- --. 2014b. Middle-class dreams a ‘myth’ in troubled economy: internal government report - The Globe and Mail . Feb. 23.
-  Banu, Kishwar. 2010. Obama's War on Inequality. MFB - Muslim - Islamic - facebook. December 27.
-  Behr, Rafael . 2012. The dying of the middle-class dream. New Statesman, 11/2.
-  Datta, Ray, B Ed. 2011. The emergence and role of middle class in North East India. Manipur: North-Eastern Hill University Press.
-  DiPrete, Thomas A 2007. Is this a Great Country? Upward mobility and the chance for riches in contemporary America. Research in Social Stratification and Mobility Vol: 25 Issue: 1, 1st quarter, pp: 89-95.
-  Esposito, Mark, and Terence Tse. 2014. How to stop the middle class getting poorer and poorer. The Convesation.com. 29 May.
-  Fergusson, David M. 2008. The transmission of social inequality: Examination of the linkages between family socioeconomic status in childhood and educational achievement in young adulthood. Research in Social Stratification and Mobility Vol: 26 Issue: 3, September, pp: 277-295.
-  Friedman, George. 2013. The Crisis of the Middle Class and American Power. Geopolitical
-  FPJ Bureau. 2014. Save Them. Free Press Journal. July 14.
-  Gilbert, Dennis. 2011. The American Class Structure: In An Age of Growing Inequality. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Value Walk.
-  Hartmann, Thom. 2014. It's Time for the US Middle Class to Make a Comeback. Op Ed News. September 23-24
-  Hargreaves, Steve 2014. Rich, really rich and ultra rich. CNN Money June 1
-  Haupt, Nancy. 2014. Losing the American Dream . Idaho Mountain Express. March 7.
-  Jacoby Kyle, 2014. As The Middle Class Dwindles, Is The American Dream Still Realistic? St. Louis Public Radio. Mon July 28.
-  McMahon, Thomas L., Angelo. 1998. The disappearing urban middle class. Social Policy, Summer, Vol. 28, Issue 4.
-  McMahon, Tamsin. 2014. Who belongs to Canada's middle class? Macleans.ca. February 26.
-  Morici, Peter. 2014. Why rising inflation threatens America's middle class. Fox News. June 17
-  Parenti, Michael. 2011. The Class Warfare Indeed.: www.MichaelParenti.org. accessed June 11.
-  Rugaber, Christopher S 2014. America's middle class. The brutal recession's fallout is changing the way Americans think of themselves. USA Today. April 2.
-  Snyder Michael, 2014. Middle Class Dying, American Dream a Mirage. Wall St. Sector Selector. June 4.
-  Tittenbrun, Jacek. 2015. the Middle Riddle. vol. II. Class and Stratification in Scholarly Theory. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
-  Voegeli, William. 2010. Americans Don't Hate the Rich. Commentary, Dec, Vol. 130, Issue 5.
Publication order reference