Use of games and game-like activities in teaching English to different age groups
Languages of publication
English has become one of the most popular and common languages in the world. Its massive increase has been noticeable in the recent years. More and more people, regardless of their age, learn English. They obviously have different competences, skills and needs therefore, the topic of the thesis which the author concentrates on, is Use of games and game-like activities in teaching English to different age groups. There are three age groups mentioned in this thesis: young learners (children aged between 5 or 6 and 12), adolescents (teenagers between 13 and 19) and adults. The age of learners is the major factor in teaching English, however, games and game-like activities do not interfere in acquiring the language by people of different ages.
-  Brown H. Douglas, 2007. Principles of language learning and teaching. Pearson Education. Fifth edition.
-  Halliwell Susan, 1992. Teaching English in the Primary Classroom. Longman Group UK Limited
-  Harmer Jeremy, 1998. How to teach English. Addison Wesley Longman Limited
-  Harmer Jeremy, 2007. The Practice of English Language Teaching. Pearson Education
-  Komorowska Hanna, 2005. Metodyka nauczania języków obcych. Warszawa: Fraszka Edukacyjna
-  Larsen-Freeman Diane, 2000. Techniques and principles in language teaching. Oxford University Press. Second Edition.
-  MacNaughton Glenda, Williams Gillian, 2004. Teaching young children. Choices in theory and practice. Open University Press.
-  One Stop English. Macmillan Publishers Ltd. http://www.onestopenglish.com/teenagers/skills/games/teenagers-game-1-noughts-andcrosses/146729.article 2012-09-12 (last access)
-  One Stop English. Macmillan Publishers Ltd. http://www.onestopenglish.com/teenagers/skills/games/teenagers-game-8-making-sentences/146736.article 2012-09-27 (last access)
-  Oxenden Clive, et al. 2008. New English File upper-intermediate Teacher’s Book. Oxford University Press
-  Osborne Priscilla, 2005. Teaching English One to One. How to teach one to one classes – for the professional English language teachers. Modern English Publishing.
-  Phillips Sarah, 1993. Young learners. Oxford University Press
-  Richards Jack C., Rogers Theodore S. 1986. Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching. Cambridge University Press.
-  Toth Maria, 1995. Heinemann Children’s games. Heinemann Publishers (Oxford)
-  Scott A. Wendy, Ytreberg H. Lisbeth, 1995. Teaching English to Children. Longman
-  Widodo Handoyo Puji, 2005. Teaching Children Using a Total Physical Response (TPR) Method: Rethinkign, Bahasa Dan Seni.
-  Watcyn-Jones Peter, 1993. Vocabulary Games and Activities. Penguin Books Ltd
-  Wright Andrew, Betteridge David, Buckby Michael, 2006. Games for Language Learning. Cambridge University Press.
Publication order reference