Structural Balance as a Basis of the Economic Sustainability of an Enterprise
Languages of publication
The article presents results of the analysis of the economic sustainability of Ukrainian machine-building enterprises in the context of new economic systems theory. The theory provides for priori division of the economic systems of all levels into four types based on their limitations in space and time – in this way object, environment, process and project systems are allocated. The author hypothesizes that the level of economic sustainability of the enterprise depends on the mutual balance of its internal subsystems of four types, and therefore may be determined on the basis of this balance measurement. For this purpose the special methods to determine the level of balance of the enterprise as an economic system have been developed. It is based on the index measurement of each type of subsystems by Principal Component Analysis (PCA) method, analytical calculation of the index of their perimetric interaction intensity and on their basis – determination the system balance index of tetrad structure of the enterprise. The results of econometric modeling based on these methods according to the 16 Ukrainian machine-building enterprises for the period of 2004-2015 confirmed the hypothesis and led to the conclusion about the systemic nature of structural imbalances. The obtained results will be the basis for developing recommendations for management aimed at maintaining the parity of subsystems of four types and in turn it will provide the economic sustainability of the enterprise.
-  А. Peccei, Human qualities, Progress (1985) 110-111.
-  А. Guts, L. Pautova, Global Ethnic Sociology, Librokom Book House (2009) 1-248.
-  R. Thom, Structural stability and morphogenesis, W. A. Benjamin, Inc. (1975) 1-339.
-  D. Davydyants, Definitions of basic general scientific and generalizing concepts (116 author's definition), Direct Media (2015) 25-32.
-  R. Mantegna, H. Stanley, An Introduction to Econophysics: Correlations and Complexity in Finance, Cambridge University Press (2000) 1-143.
-  M. Kravchenko, Methodological basis of the system analysis of industrial enterprise’s economic sustainability, Technology audit and production reserves 1/3(27) (2016) 84-89.
-  M. Kravchenko, Formation mechanism of economic sustainability of the enterprise: systemic-structural approach, Sciences of Europe 6(6) (2016) 45-51.
-  G. Kleiner, System paradigm in economic studies: a new approach, URL: http://kleiner.ru (Accessed 30 September 2016).
-  G. Kleiner, A new theory of economic systems and its application to economic policy studies, RRC Working Paper Series 13 (2009) 1-31.
-  G. Kleiner, State – region – field – enterprise: framework of economics system stability of Russia. Part 2, Economy of region 3 (2015) 9-17.
-  G. Kleiner, Resource theory of system organization of economy, Russian Management Journal 3 (2011) 3-28.
-  G. Kleiner, System economy as a platform of modern economic theory development, Voprosy Ekonomiki 6 (2013) 4-28.
-  М. Rybachuk, Balance of system structure as a prerequisite for the company's strategic sustainability, Proceedings of Voronezh State University. Series: Economics and Management 1(2015) 140-146.
Publication order reference