The forms and the methods of managerial competence improvement in modern organizations
Languages of publication
The author of the article reviewed and analyzed the most important forms and methods of managerial competence improvement. At the beginning of this paper the author has discussed the general issues concerning the functioning of the organization in the modern economy. In the next section of the article the author has presented chosen theories on learning and development of the management staff. The author has also pointed out the elements which cause the formulation of competitive gap. The last part of this paper presents the most important forms and methods of managerial competence improvement with the indication to the most popular and effective ones. The author has also presented the examples of functioning among chosen corporate universities considering selected characteristics. The purpose of the article is to present the forms and the methods of managerial competence improvement. The query literature has been used as the research tool. The analysis can contribute to the streamline of the managerial competence improvement processes in the modern organizations.
-  Jashapara. Knowledge Management: An Integrated Approach, Pearson Education Limited, Harlow, United Kingdom, 2011.
-  Rakowska. Kompetencje menedżerskie kadry kierowniczej we współczesnych organizacjach, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej, Lublin 2007.
-  Sajkiewicz. Kompetencje menedżerów w organizacji uczącej się, Diﬁn, Warszawa 2008: 199.
-  Kogut, U. Zander. Knowledge of the firm, combinative capabilities, and the replication of technology. Organization Science 3(3), 1992.
-  Longenecker, L. Fink. Improving management performance in rapidly changing organizations. The Journal of Management Development, 20(1) (2001) 7-18.
-  Elmuti. Can management be taught? Management Decision 42(3/4) (2004) 439-453.
-  Houldsworth. The learning manager, [in:] D. Reeves, R. McBain (ed.), People management challenges and opportunities, Palgrave MacMillian, New York 2004, 208-224.
-  Encyklopedia zarządzania, https://mfiles.pl/pl/index.php/Coaching, Accessed February 27, 2017.
-  Encyklopedia zarządzania, https://mfiles.pl/pl/index.php/Mentoring, Accessed February 27, 2017.
-  Dessler. A Framework for Human Resources Management, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ., 2009: 362.
-  J. Barney. Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage. Journal of Management 17(1), 1991.
-  K. E. Sveiby. The New Organizational Wealth, Berrett-Koehle Publishers, San Francisco 1997: 19.
-  M. Allen. The Corporate University Handbook: Designing, Managing, and Growing a Successful Program, AMACOM Books, New York 2002.
-  M. Białasiewicz. Rola i doskonalenie menedżerów w przedsiębiorstwie zorientowanym na wiedzę. Zeszyty Naukowe Studia i Prace, nr 21, 2011, 18.
-  M. Clarke, D. Butcher, C. Bailey. Strategically aligned leadership development, [in:] Jh. Storey (ed.) 2005, Leadership, Organizations, Current Issues and Key Trends, Routledge, London, New York 2004: 269-292.
-  R. Dealtry. Achieving integrated performance management with the corporate university. The Journal of Workplace and Learning, 17(1/2) (2005) 65-78.
-  R. Harrison. Learning and Development. CIPD, London 2002, 6.
-  R. M. Grant. Toward a knowledge-based theory of a firm, Strategic Management Journal 17 (Winter Special Issue: Knowledge and the firm) (1), 1996.
-  R. Paton, S. Taylor, J. Storey. Corporate universities and leadership development, [in:] J. Storey (ed.) Leadership in organizations. Current Issues and Key Trends. Routledge, London, New York 2005: 109.
-  S. Shinn, The B-School at Company X, BizEd 2004, May/June.
-  Sh. Jackson, E. Frandale, A. Kakabadse. Executive development, meeting the needs of the top teams and the boards. The Journal of Management Development, 22(3) (2003) 185-265.
-  T. Listwan. Kształcenie kadry menedżerskiej firmy, Mimex, Wrocław 1993: 83.
Publication order reference