Reverse logistics concept on the example of managing used tires at the Tire Utilization Center
Languages of publication
The subject of consideration of the following study is to present the assumptions of reverse logistics in the aspect of sustainable development as a response to the growing ecological requirements resulting from the increased use of natural resources and the increase in the amount of waste. Reverse logistics, assumes the reverse flow of products that have completed their life cycle in order to reuse, use, recover or recycle them. The paper describes the use of reverse logistics assumptions on the example of re-use of used tires by the Tire Utilization Center.
-  Z Murphy, Paul R., and Richard F. Poist. Green logistics strategies: an analysis of usage patterns. Transportation Journal 40(2) (2000) 5-16
-  McKinnon, Alan, et al., eds. Green logistics: Improving the environmental sustainability of logistics. Kogan Page Publishers, 2015.
-  Qing-li, D. A., Zu-qing HUANG, and Qin ZHANG. Current and Future Studies on Structure of the Reverse Logistics System: A Review. Chinese Journal of Management Science 1 (2004) 024
-  Daugherty, Patricia J., et al. Reverse logistics: superior performance through focused resource commitments to information technology. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 41.2 (2005) 77-92
-  Seuring, Stefan, and Martin Müller. From a literature review to a conceptual framework for sustainable supply chain management. Journal of Cleaner Production 16.15 (2008) 1699-1710
-  Hall, Jeremy K., Gregory A. Daneke, and Michael J. Lenox. Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions. Journal of Business Venturing 25.5 (2010) 439-448
-  J Carter, Craig R., and Dale S. Rogers. A framework of sustainable supply chain management: moving toward new theory. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Dogistics Management 38.5 (2008) 360-387
-  Srivastava Samir K. Network design for reverse logistics. Omega 36.4 (2008) 535-548
-  Zhang Yi Mei, Guo He Huang, and Li He. An inexact reverse logistics model for municipal solid waste management systems. Journal of Environmental Management 92.3 (2011) 522-530
-  Brito Marisa Paula, Simon Dominicus Petrus Flapper, and Rommert Dekker. Reverse Logistics: a review of case studies. Econometric Institute, 2002.
-  Gibson Brian J., John T. Mentzer, and Robert L. Cook. Supply chain management: the pursuit of a consensus definition. Journal of Business Logistics 26.2 (2005): 17-25.
-  Grant David B., Chee Yew Wong, and Alexander Trautrims. Sustainable logistics and supply chain management: principles and practices for sustainable operations and management. Kogan Page Publishers, 2017.
-  Govindan Kannan, Hamed Soleimani, and Devika Kannan. Reverse logistics and closed-loop supply chain: A comprehensive review to explore the future. European Journal of Operational Research 240.3 (2015) 603-626
-  Gandolfo Alessandro, and Roberto Sbrana. Reverse logistics and market-driven management. Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management 2 (2008) 28-40
-  Morrissey Anne J., and John Browne. Waste management models and their application to sustainable waste management. Waste management 24.3 (2004) 297-308
-  Linton, Jonathan D., Robert Klassen, and Vaidyanathan Jayaraman. Sustainable supply chains: An introduction. Journal of Pperations Management 25.6 (2007) 1075-1082
-  Kumar, N. Raj, and RM Satheesh Kumar. Closed loop supply chain management and reverse logistics-A literature review. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology 6.4 (2013): 455-468
-  Blumberg, Donald F. Introduction to management of reverse logistics and closed loop supply chain processes. CRC Press, 2004.
-  Porter, Michael E., and Claas Van der Linde. Toward a new conception of the environment-competitiveness relationship. Journal of Economic Perspectives 9.4 (1995) 97-118
-  Rogers, Dale S., and Ronald Tibben‐Lembke. An examination of reverse logistics practices. Journal of Business Logistics 22.2 (2001) 129-148
-  Hsu, Chin-Chun, Keah-Choon Tan, and Suhaiza Hanim Mohamad Zailani. Strategic orientations, sustainable supply chain initiatives, and reverse logistics: Empirical evidence from an emerging market. International Journal of Operations & Production Management 36.1 (2016) 86-110
-  Dowlatshahi, Shad. Developing a theory of reverse logistics. Interfaces 30.3 (2000) 143-155
-  Wright, Robert E., et al. Recycling and reverse logistics. Journal of Applied Business and Economics 12.5 (2011) 9-20
-  Zhang, Yeshui, et al. High-value resource recovery products from waste tyres. Waste and Resource Management 169 (2016) 137-45
-  Sienkiewicz M., et al. Environmentally friendly polymer-rubber composites obtained from waste tyres: A review. Journal of Cleaner Production 147 (2017) 560-571
Publication order reference